Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Pattie Boyd's tell-all book coming in August  (Read 42190 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Re: Pattie Boyd's tell-all book coming in August
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2008, 05:46:49 AM »

Quote from: 1333

Yesterday I finished the chapter about Pattie's pre-marriage relationship with Clapton.  More craziness, non-stop drinking, being forced to watch boring movies with Elvis, Pattie putting up with Eric's bad table manners and (compared to George) less-refined social skills.

Putting up with? She did alright. She's not exactly the definition of class herself.  ;)

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2008, 06:35:10 AM »

Yeah, she certainly did alright for herself.  But why the hate towards Pattie?  She was classy enough to rise above the level of 'groupie' and actually become the wife of two rock gods.  In the pantheon of Beatle wives, she's hardly a villainess; I can think of two right off the bat who may be more deserving of that title.  (Hint: one of them answers to the name "Pegleg.")

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2008, 07:08:59 AM »

Aw, I certainly don't hate her. That's why I stuck in the winking smile face. It just struck me funny. Her putting up with Eric. Hell, let me put up with him!  ;D Heh. Anyway, I don't think any of them were exactly paragons of virtue or high class. But then, who of us are?? ;) ;)

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2008, 08:54:22 AM »

Yeah, from what I've read, I think Pattie was (is) a really nice, sweet lady (good cook too) who also has some warped '60s Beatle-morality going on.

Can I coin the phrase "Beatle-morality" or is that already taken?

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2008, 05:51:30 PM »

I havent seen Pattie`s latest pictures. But i ve heard she`s a drunkard and is very ugly. It`s good Eric left her, though many years ago. She deserves it. I am sure she never loved George, just took her chance like a lot of other women do. Very few women are capable of true love, though men are.

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2008, 06:42:52 PM »

I've got the Pattie Boyd book but haven't found the time to read it yet.  Maybe I'll get around to it this fall..............

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2008, 08:33:22 PM »

Quote from: 1393
I havent seen Pattie`s latest pictures. But i ve heard she`s a drunkard and is very ugly. It`s good Eric left her, though many years ago. She deserves it. I am sure she never loved George, just took her chance like a lot of other women do. Very few women are capable of true love, though men are.

What?!?

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2008, 08:59:43 PM »

Quote from: 1393

That last statement is a new thread in itself.  Pattie did appear to have hit the wall in a couple of photos of her in the '80s, but there are a few from the '90s in which she looks good (could be makeup).  Though I wouldn't say she's aging like Sophia Loren or Dolly Parton or anything.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2008, 10:46:16 PM »

Drugs are bad mmkay...  ;)

Bear in mind, she IS in her sixties.

The first picture makes me think of Heather for some reason.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2008, 11:01:57 PM »

Quote from: 216

The first picture makes me think of Heather for some reason.

ooo, don't say that!  :P

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2008, 01:41:22 AM »

Quote from: 1333
Can I coin the phrase "Beatle-morality" or is that already taken?

"Rock star" morality, perhaps?  ;)

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2008, 01:58:05 AM »

No................that's a person who smoked cigarettes "heavely" in their life time.  I quit smoking 19+years ago and I can tell the difference in my skin.  If I kept on smoking, I'd be looking like that.  This is what I look like now, at 43, with my hubby, Jeff, and our son, Greg.

This was taken at Christmas, 2007, at the in-laws...........

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2008, 02:35:27 AM »

63 and 43 are light years apart. You can't compare. And yes, she did some hard living. That it took a toll on her appearance is a given. Hence the South Park quote. But still...she's in her sixties.

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2008, 05:08:09 AM »

Being in her 60s, she doesn't look bad at all!  And if she ever decided to have some work done.... who knows, maybe John Mayer would become a heroin addict for her.

And Jane, why did Pattie deserve to be left by Eric (I haven't read that chapter yet so I don't know that he was the one who left)?  Eric was frankly the world's worst husband -- openly cheating, a complete drunk for most of the time; obviously Pattie was an enabler in her marriages -- but how many women bounce from marrying a Beatle to God (Clapton)?  Sure she made mistakes.... but she tried to make the marriages work.  Why pile on the hatred?

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2008, 12:26:18 PM »

I didn't like the book.

Before the hype about the book came out I never saw a recent picture of Pattie. I always thought she'd age decent, but I don't think she did.

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

Bobber

« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2008, 06:37:14 PM »

Quote from: 668
I didn't like the book.

Before the hype about the book came out I never saw a recent picture of Pattie. I always thought she'd age decent, but I don't think she did.

She looks better than my mother.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2008, 06:48:12 PM »

First of all Pattie doesn`t look well: i can tell by her skin and by her neck that she drinks. And she is wearing a hat to cast a shadow on her face, so definitely she is old-looking. But it can be seen that she used to be beautiful cause despite all her face IS rather beautiful. Note the difference: she is beautiful but she doesn`t look well. Pattie is considered to have been the prettiest Beatle girl. George fell in love with her at first sight but i don`t think she provided him with all-round comfort a man like George( an introvert) needed. What i don`t like is her affair with Eric right behind George`s back in George`s own house, in their house, her making passes at Eric, who was staying in their house as a friend, as a guest. She was surrounded by 2 great wonderful men all through the day and all through the night, and she doubtless flirted with Eric, who certainly liked her, and who didn`t? But he was George`s friend and if she hadn`t shown any interest, i am sure, he would have remained just a friend. George put up with it for some time, cause he loved her, but when the situation became unbearable - imagine that! things came to a head! poor George! - he just collected all her things and asked her and her lover to leave. I can`t stand it any longer, he said. He was a man of gold heart. And for Pattie it was all the same: George, now Eric.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2008, 07:00:17 PM »

No hatred at all, i pity her. Besides, i am sure she has smth to repent of, and she knows it but she will never say the word - it`s betrayal, acting behind the back.

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2008, 10:45:04 PM »

Wow, Jane, you've obviously been reading a different book.  No one can claim to really know what was going on in their home besides George and Pattie, but according to Pattie's side of the story, she wasn't carrying on an affair behind George's back -- she cheated on him once with Eric in a weak moment during the decline of her marriage.  She wasn't making passes at Eric.  She found out about his interest from the passionate love letters he wrote her.  He broke down her resistance, then after their tryst, she ended things with him, and he went on a four-year heroin binge.  (The affair didn't take place in George's house either.)

George never 'asked her and her lover to leave.'  She left on her own in the mid-70s because their marriage had become loveless.  

George was not 'a man of gold heart.'  I'm a George fan too, but let's not get carried away with the hero worship.  He blatantly cheated on Pattie numorous times, sometimes moving girlfriends into their home!  He flooded the house with Hare Krishnas, made her feel like a stranger in her home, and became completely incommunicative.

According to Pattie's side of the story.

I think I'm going to have to read George's book now to get his.

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2008, 10:50:17 PM »

^^^^^^^That's what I have read, too, about the Pattie-George-Eric "triangle".  Eric persued Pattie relentlessly, wrote the most touching love letters, "My dearest "L"", from "E".  Eric called Pattie his "Layla"..........hence the famous song.  So I think I'm gonna have to start reading the book and let you all know what I think..............
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Page created in 0.248 seconds with 82 queries.