Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Another Divorce  (Read 2821 times)

Bobber

Another Divorce
« on: March 13, 2007, 10:00:04 AM »

This is from Fox News, so for what it's worth:

Paul McCartney Leaving Capitol Records After 40 Years

Paul McCartney is splitting with the record company he

BlueMeanie

Re: Another Divorce
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 01:50:56 PM »

Sounds like a good time for EMI to release the back catalogue and make some money.

Waiter, I'll have a double decaff latte with my flaming pie!!

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 02:47:58 PM »

Good on Sir Paul! It really irritates me how big business is totally unresponsive to both the people who work for them, including artists such as McCartney and The Beatles, and to their customers. It's all naval gazing to get more money; how can we get blood from a stone? When if they looked at the actual marketplace or listened to their own people they'd have a clue.

Goodness, am I preachy lately. *slaps self* Anyway, I hope Paul's departure scares everyone else into treating their tried-and-true (and therefore ignored) artists better. Everyone's so busy looking for the next Beatles, they can't treat the people they have decently... even if they were Beatles. I will never understand the folly of corporations, and I've worked in them for decades.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 04:53:36 PM »

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 04:59:34 PM »

Acchording to Sunday Express his new album could be released this spring  ??) ...

BlueMeanie

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 05:34:48 PM »

Quote from: 297
Acchording to Sunday Express his new album could be released this spring  ??) ...

I'll drink (a capuccino) to that!

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 06:44:53 PM »

Quote from: 483

I'll drink (a capuccino) to that!

But other sources have said that in autumn ... or even next year! I'm confused! ::)

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 11:26:27 PM »

McCartney signed to new Starbucks label

SEATTLE -  Paul McCartney was introduced Wednesday as the first artist signed to Starbucks Corp.'s new record label. The former Beatle made an appearance via a video feed from London at the company's annual meeting.

The world's largest specialty coffee retailer announced earlier this month that it was partnering with Concord Music Group to launch the Los Angeles-based Hear Music label.

The McCartney announcement is another big step for Seattle-based Starbucks' attempts to spin part of its consumer appeal into the entertainment business. The coffeehouse chain already has produced and sold some albums, markets books, and helped develop a feature-length movie.

Hear Music has been used as a brand on other releases developed for sale in Starbucks stores. The coffee giant also has a branded page on Apple Inc.'s iTunes digital music store, and a handful of hybrid music-and-coffee stores that allow customers to burn tracks to CDs.

Concord, which controls several other labels, helped Starbucks sell the Grammy-winning "Genius Loves Company," an album of Ray Charles duets.

from here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070321/ap_on_en_mu/starbucks_mccartney

... and the new album in June?  8)

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 11:37:32 PM »

Play some loud rock 'n' roll sh*t.

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • &quot;The dude abides.&quot;
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 12:32:05 AM »

If was Starbucks, I'd get Paul to re-record some Beatles songs--or do something really cool like have him do songs by George and John.  He did a pretty nice "Something" on the Concert for George.  How about Paul doing "Imagine"?  Talk about closure.  

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 12:38:04 AM »

I wouldn't like that meself, he should go live and play loud stuff in a matchbox.

Use Chris Thomas, then put it out on a record.

He always goes back to r'n'r and why not?

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • &quot;The dude abides.&quot;
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 04:02:58 PM »

I think Starbucks goes for the softer, more meditative, coffee-friendly sound.  They may do a "genius with friends" type of thing with him.  Hopefully that will exclude Michael Jackson this time.  

zoo_gang

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2007, 01:55:05 AM »

I hope they don't do a genis and friends album, Paul has enough bad duets.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 02:40:46 PM »

:o "Memory Almost Full" will be released on June 5, 2007!!!  ...UK-ains can pre-order the album from Amazon.UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000P2A242/joriegracen

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 03:03:58 PM »

:o "Memory Almost Full" will be released on June 5, 2007!!!  

Relesed earlier than we thought then!!! :o
Cool album title!!!! :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 03:12:58 PM »

Quote from: 614

Relesed earlier than we thought then!!! :o
Cool album title!!!! :)

Well, I'd read several weeks ago that he wanted some "fresh" money soon and that the album would be released in spring ... and it seems it's going to be so ... really cool album title, yep! :)

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 07:26:12 PM »

:o "Memory Almost Full" will be released on June 5, 2007!!!  ...UK-ains can pre-order the album from Amazon.UK

Some say that it reflects his Guys and Wings period ... including a 15 minute suite, similar in style to side 2 of Abbey Road album  ??) ...

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 09:38:22 PM »

.. including a 15 minute suite, similar in style to side 2 of Abbey Road album  ??) ...

Sounds very interesting!!  :o
Do you know if it's all complete new songs?

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2007, 10:13:14 PM »

Quote from: 614
Sounds very interesting!!  :o
Do you know if it's all complete new songs?
Yep, it seems that they are all complete new songs  :) ... acchording to close people to Paul  ::) ... but can't we be completelly sure so early?  :-/...

Bobber

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2007, 02:17:03 PM »

McCartney to go on holiday with Mills

Sir Paul McCartney has decided to go on a family holiday with his estranged wife Heather Mills.

The former Beatle agreed to a suggestion from Heather that they should visit New York for "family bonding time" with their three-year-old daughter Bea.

McCartney and Mills are believed to have called a truce in May, following months of bitterness over their divorce. One recent report even suggested that they had agreed to be neighbours for the sake of their child.

A source told the News of the World: "Incredible as it may seem the idea looks like a goer. It won't be a conventional family holiday, there's still tension. But if they go to Macca's Hamptons mansion in New York, as they're thinking, they'll be away from prying eyes and pretty much on neutral ground."

Page created in 0.375 seconds with 77 queries.