Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Extra Texture (Read All About It):What Do You Think About This Album?  (Read 5406 times)

Jema

• Getting Better
  • "The Beatles will exist without us." - George

I think that this is a great album and my favorites from it are You,The Answer's At The End,World Of Stone,Can't Stop Thinking About You,Tired Of Midnight Blue,Grey Cloudy Lies and His Name Is Legs (Ladies And Gentlemen).So basically I love 7 out of the 10 songs on Extra Texture (Read All About It) and overall it's an awesome album.One of George's top best in my opinion.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown

All Albums are great except  Electronic Sound and Wonderwall Music only 2 Stars.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?

I love it. Its one of my favorites by him. 'His Name Is Legs' is my favorite George song.

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector

I love 'Tired Of Midnight Blue' as well.

It is interesting this album did not do very well commercially. It is not an album that George felt was that good either. I tend to think that when their albums didn't do very good they have a tendency to get that in their head and believe it.

I think we have discussed here how a well a album does commercially really has nothing to do with the quality of the album.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?

I'm going to admit though that this album took me a long time to agree with it. Its boring upon the first few listens.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages

I think we have discussed here how a well a album does commercially really has nothing to do with the quality of the album.

But time usually gives an album the credit it deserves. For example, you can see Love's album Forever Changes in every best of all times lists despite the fact that it didn't have any success when it was released in 1967. However, Extra Texture didn't pass the test of time...
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

sewi

• Getting Better
  • Life is short

Not a bad album,not as bas as people usualy say.I dont listen too much to it but when I want some midtempo songs for relax or something I know that here are a few. Some songs sound quite a la Long Long Long, hehehehe!
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better

I've just listened to it again for the first time in ages....and remain singularly unimpressed I'm afraid. I remember buying it when it came out and walking home full of excitement and feeling that curiously textured album sleeve - then being mightily disappointed when it finished its run on my turntable. Sadly it still falls into the unforgivable trap of each song being immediately forgettable the minute it's over.

I've always liked the single ("You") but beyond that the whole album is boring and unremarkable for me. I never cared much for George's 70s albums until the one after this, "Thirty Three & 1/3", which I loved.

Bobber

I remember playing it only once. Maybe I should give it another listen, but like Mr Mustard, I don't think it will change my mind.

Jema

• Getting Better

I never cared much for George's 70s albums until the one after this, "Thirty Three & 1/3", which I loved.
[/quote] I also really like Thirty Three & 1/3.Crackerbox Palace is my top favorite song from that album,it's also one of my top favorite songs by George.I can't really choose which album I like more though,Extra Texture (Read All About It) or Thirty Three & 1/3,they're both really great albums in my opinion.

Jema

• Getting Better
Re: Extra Texture (Read All About It):What Do You Think About This Album?
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 01:33:41 AM »

I remember playing it only once. Maybe I should give it another listen, but like Mr Mustard, I don't think it will change my mind.
I really think you should listen to it again :) It took me a few listens for me to really like the songs so I hope you also will be able to enjoy the songs from Extra Texture after you listen to it again.

KelMar

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 04:26:00 AM »

Crackerbox Palace is my top favorite song from that album,it's also one of my top favorite songs by George.

I remember my cousin and I laughing so hard at the video for this song when it debuted on Saturday Night Live. It was the first thing I searched for on YouTube.  ;D

Jema

• Getting Better
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 01:31:46 AM »

I remember my cousin and I laughing so hard at the video for this song when it debuted on Saturday Night Live. It was the first thing I searched for on YouTube.  ;D
I love the video for Crackerbox Palace!I agree with you it's really funny  ha2ha I love how in the beginning George is in the baby carriage :)

KelMar

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 02:32:26 AM »

I love the video for Crackerbox Palace!I agree with you it's really funny  ha2ha I love how in the beginning George is in the baby carriage :)
It was the guys in the pointy hats that had us in hysterics!

Page created in 0.454 seconds with 69 queries.