Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Liverpool Day 5  (Read 1147 times)

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
Liverpool Day 5
« on: September 01, 2004, 12:14:08 AM »

Urgh! I feel SO rough! All these late nights (not to mention the drinks) have totally caught up with me!

I'm now back home in London :(

Yesterday was our last full day, so we really made the most of it. We started off by going to the docks - one of my mates wanted to see the QE2 (it's a big boat!) which had just sailed in, so we took a few pics of that then had some lunch (and a few bevvies!).

We then went back to the hotel to get ready for the Mathew Street festival - Jan Owen was playing in the Indigo bar at 3:00 so were hurrying back to get ready for that. We were just climbing into the lift when funnily enough we ran into Jan and promised to see him there!

We did get there on time and once again Jan did not disappoint with his set and anecdotes - the whole place went nuts (in a good way!). We then went to the Cavern and caught one of my favourite bands - The Parrots. They are awesome! Have I mentioned them before - I can't remember exactly what I've written about! Anyway, they're from Japan and really put on a great show. I last saw this band a few years ago and was mentioning to my mate that they didn't speak a word of English... and then they go and introduce the songs in English! Oh we laughed!

So the English-speaking Parrots were brilliant on the Cavern stage and even brought along their own set of screaming girls all the way from Japan - the image was complete! I think I embarrassed myself by jumping around and screaming "we're not worthy" at the top of my voice - unluckily for me, one of their entourage filmed me doing it! DOH! Hope THAT don't end up on their website!

We stayed in the Cavern till about 10ish, then went back to the Adelphi for even MORE bands! Instant Karma (with John Keats) came on about 2:00 I think (it's all a bit blurry!) - they are an excellent band who, as their name suggests, mainly play songs from John Lennon's solo years. It was great to hear live versions of "New York City" and "Nobody Told Me", but what really capped off the evening was Yoko Ono!!! Yes, the band have recently added a member who plays Yoko - and what a great job too!

"Yoko", dressed in her wedding outfit, adds a new dimension to the band, handling backing vocals and keyboards - yes, she has a great voice! She also adds some comic relief to the proceedings, as at random times she shouts out "I love you John", and "can I sing the next song John?" to which John replies "you're not singin' one of mine love!". When Yoko finally gets her wish, the rest of the band take a back seat and leave her alone with just her piano accompaniment as we are rewarded with a BRILLIANT version of one of Paul's songs "Here There and Everywhere" sung in a very Norah Jones blues/jazz style (similar to "I Don't Know Why"). Fantastic!!!!!!!!

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
Re: Liverpool Day 5
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 12:20:02 AM »

Excellent!  Thanks for all the stories alan ;D

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 12:30:18 AM »

Thank you, you're welcome ;D

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 12:41:16 AM »

so courteous ;)

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2004, 12:47:04 AM »

I know! ;D

I'm just catching up with all the new posts - so I guess I'll be here a while.... maybe I should do this tomorrow - I'm almost sleep-typing here! LOL

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2004, 01:01:17 AM »

[quote by=Herecomesyoursun link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1093997648,s=3 date=1093999276]so courteous ;)[/quote]

British people are so well mannered aren't they!

Anyway, awsome stories. I envy you! Sounds like a lot of fun. What did the Yoko chick look like anyway?

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2004, 01:12:14 AM »

[quote by=The_End link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1093997648,s=4 date=1093999624]I know! ;D

I'm just catching up with all the new posts - so I guess I'll be here a while.... maybe I should do this tomorrow - I'm almost sleep-typing here! LOL[/quote]

yeah youve had a busy weekend i guess.  Get some sleep, were not that important ;D

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2004, 01:51:48 AM »

no stay up you wimp............

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 50 queries.