Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: "A Hard Day's Night on the Big Screen Again in 35mm  (Read 1905 times)

FriendsoftheLoews

"A Hard Day's Night on the Big Screen Again in 35mm
« on: April 08, 2010, 12:47:19 AM »

"A Hard Day's Night" will be screened in 35mm on Saturday, April 24 at 6 PM (EDT_US) at the Landmark Loew's Jersey Theatre.  Admission is only $6 for adults; $4 kids (12 & younger) and seniors (65+).

The Loew's is a classic Movie Palace now preserved and being operated as a non-profit performing arts center.  The enjoyment of classic film is an important part of our mission.

The Loew's is located in Journal Square, Jersey City, NJ, USA -- which is just minutes from downtown and midtown Manhattan as well as Newark's Penn Station via PATH subway and is easily reached from the entire region by the New Jersey Turnpike .

The Loew's screens classic film every month, and for April we wanted to present three iconic films of the 1960s -- and it goes without saying that "A Hard Day's Night" had to be one of them.

We're proud to say that the Loew's has built up quite a reputation as one of the best places in the NY Area (and beyond) to enjoy classic film.  That's because we still present in 35mm (not digital) on one of the biggest screens around -- 50 ft WIDE by 25 ft high!  And the grand architecture of the Loew's adds immeasurably to the whole experience of enjoying a film experience of seeing a film here.  Even the best home theatre can't equal it.   

Last fall, the Loew's was listed in the Village Voice's annual "Best of New York" issue.  And indeed, because it is so easy to get to the Loew's, many of our audience members each month come from Manhattan, as well the rest of New York City, all of New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania and beyond.

Following the screening of "A Hard Day's Night", we will present another defining movie of the 1960s:  "The Graduate".  Separate admission for that film is also just $6 / $4 -- or combo tickets for both are only $10 adults; $6  kids & seniors.

For more info and directions, go to our website: www.loewsjersey.org or call (201) 798-6055.

The Loew's is a non-profit, so the screenings are not about making money for anyone. They are about preserving a great theatre and promoting the real experience of enjoying a movie.

Please help us spread the word about this great chance to enjoy the Beatles' first film.

Thank you.

lunchpunch

• A Beginning
  • Turn me on when I get lonely.
    • My livejournal!
Re: "A Hard Day's Night on the Big Screen Again in 35mm
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 04:56:34 PM »

Gah. I wish Seattle or somewhere close to me would do this.
Let me show you to my darkroom.

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
Re: "A Hard Day's Night on the Big Screen Again in 35mm
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 01:22:37 AM »

Trying to convince my daddy to get us to go!

Not working. :(

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 42 queries.