Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Pattie Boyd's tell-all book coming in August  (Read 42195 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Re: Pattie Boyd's tell-all book coming in August
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2008, 04:55:07 AM »

People of low character cheat. Look, if you're bored, speak up! It's not brain surgery. You choose to be deceptive. It's a choice. No excuses. If you want an open relationship then say so from the beginning. Otherwise, don't go along with the pretense that you are in a committed, exclusive relationship. And if it's an "accident" then come clean right away. Don't insult the other person by dragging it out and making them feel like a fool when they finally find out. I think this is called having respect for other human beings and not being selfish. A hard thing for most people though. We're all a bit selfish aren't we?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2008, 07:33:42 AM »

According to the Pattie bio, George was pretty open about his cheating -- especially when he moved girlfriends into the house to her dismay.  He also supposedly equated himself to Hindu gods who had many wives -- he apparently had no moral issues or sensitivity towards Pattie's feelings over these things.  I don't know if his openness exempts him, though.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2008, 09:31:29 AM »

Quote from: 1333
According to the Pattie bio, George was pretty open about his cheating -- especially when he moved girlfriends into the house to her dismay.  He also supposedly equated himself to Hindu gods who had many wives -- he apparently had no moral issues or sensitivity towards Pattie's feelings over these things.  I don't know if his openness exempts him, though.

Well, if he went into the marriage promising to be faithful and then started in with all this stuff, no, I don't think it exempts him! But then, she knew and put up with it for a long time so for her to complain about it after the fact is sort of sleazy too.

That's funny about George and the Hindu god thing. I never knew that!! What was he smoking that day!?! Crazy Beatle.   ;)

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2008, 10:04:26 AM »

Is it in Buddhism where all your sins of yesterday are a former you and not actually you today? heheh

Seems George my have found the perfect excuse in his faith to swing. I blame the Maharashi! lol
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2008, 05:44:59 PM »

And a man`s options depend on whether he - or she as well, i believe - loves the partner or not. So it all boils down to love.

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2008, 09:29:41 PM »

Buddhism is a different religion than Hinduism, George was Hindu.

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2008, 12:47:06 AM »

Not to oversimplify both religions, but Hinduism and Buddhism have far more similarities than differences.  The main difference I can think of is the pantheism (belief in numerous gods) in Hinduism, while Buddhism really has no personal creator -- Buddha himself was a human who attained total enlightenment.  Aside from that, both religions are based around karma (I don't know if the Hindus call it 'karma,' per se, but it's there) and reincarnation.

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2008, 02:11:14 PM »

I know that Buddhism and Hinduism are similar religiongs, but they are not the same. That is all I was saying. Buddha is actually a Hindu god meaning "the enlightened one". I was just saying that George was more Hindu.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #128 on: July 03, 2008, 02:55:47 PM »

Quote from: 668
I know that Buddhism and Hinduism are similar religiongs, but they are not the same. That is all I was saying. Buddha is actually a Hindu god meaning "the enlightened one". I was just saying that George was more Hindu.

The way I see it, George took all the bits he liked from many religions and put them together to make something that worked for him.

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #129 on: July 03, 2008, 05:08:20 PM »

That's why he always talked about Krishna, Shiva and many other Hindu gods and used Hindu chants. Also the OM symbol was everywhere around him.

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2008, 05:46:41 AM »

Quote from: 668

But (and again, I'm not trying to quote the Hindu religion like I'm some kind of expert in it), I don't think Buddha is a god in Hinduism.

Here's my take on Hindu vs Buddha:  Hinduism is more primitive.  With the beliefs in numeorous gods, worshipping cows, the caste system;  Buddhism is more enlightened than Hinduism.

And that is JUST ONE VIEW.  If there's a Hindu out there to enlightenen me about my viewpoint, then I welcome it.  But that's how I currently see that religion.

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2008, 02:25:03 PM »

What I meant a couple posts back.

Buddha with two "D" is Buddha as in 'the enlightened one' (my mistake before). He is the one associated with the Buddhist religion that originated in India around the life of a man named Siddhartha Gautama.

Budha with one "D" is the Hindu God. Budha in the Hindu religion is the God of merchandise and is to protect merchants.

Budha or Buddha is depicted in many different ways, the most traditional with the Hindus is this depiction:

I hoped that helped a little.
I could post a more vivid depiction of the hindu God Budha as soon as I find my book of Hindu deities, which I seemed to miss place.  :P

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2008, 04:09:49 AM »

So the thing about rubbing the Budha/Buddha's belly for luck -- is that more of a Hindu superstition?

And I may have misspoke when I said I didn't think Buddha (Siddhartha) was a god in Hinduism.  I'm really not sure;  he may very well be, in the same way that Jesus is an exalted prophet in Islam (just not the MOST exalted profit).

And does anyone know the literal translation of "Hare Krishna?"  Is that another name for the Hindu God?

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #133 on: July 06, 2008, 03:19:31 PM »

Quote from: 216
People of low character cheat. Look, if you're bored, speak up! It's not brain surgery. You choose to be deceptive. It's a choice. No excuses. If you want an open relationship then say so from the beginning. Otherwise, don't go along with the pretense that you are in a committed, exclusive relationship. And if it's an "accident" then come clean right away. Don't insult the other person by dragging it out and making them feel like a fool when they finally find out. I think this is called having respect for other human beings and not being selfish. A hard thing for most people though. We're all a bit selfish aren't we?

That's true, Sondra. I also think the cheating had a lot to do with the Godlike status that the Beatles had in those days. Everyone was telling George how wonderful he was and that he could do no wrong. Mix that in with the "free love" sh*t that was going on in those days and you have a recipe for disaster.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2008, 03:59:32 PM »

I also agree with you Sandra and Mairi.

That's ok Mr.Mustard I was confused a little before, but I hope I straightened it out a little bit.

I think to answer you other question Mr.Mustard, when you hear the Hare Krishna Mantra, all 'hare' means is to take away, or to end. So when one chants Hare Krishna their asking the God Krishna to take away their sorrows. The God Rama is also mentioned in the chat, but like Krishna it is just another incarnation of the God Head Vishnu.

I found a quote from George Harrison:
"A mantra is mystical energy encased in a sound structure and each mantra contains within its vibrations a certain power. But of all mantras, the maha-mantra (the Hare Krishna mantra) has been prescribed as the easiest and surest way for attaining God Realization in this present age."

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2008, 01:40:42 AM »

Buddishm and Hidduism have similair in beliefs, i'm not sure
on Hidduism. but my religion is buddishm, been a strict buddist
for 4 years now!  :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #136 on: July 09, 2008, 07:22:26 PM »

I don't really know squat about these religions but I do know different types of Buddhists.  My boyfriends family is from Laos and they are Buddhist and I have a friend from India who is also a Buddhist and what they believe in is different.  So I guess it's possible that there are even different types of Buddhist like there are different types of Christians.

Someone else said this earlier in the thread, it seems like George picked and choose what he liked and made it his own.  And I don't think theres really anything wrong with that.  I mean,  I believe in God but not in the way that the bible wants me to.  That is my decision and in the end I will have to deal with whatever (if anything) happens.  
<br />

larainefan

• A Beginning
« Reply #137 on: October 29, 2009, 01:18:12 AM »

Hope it's okay to resurrect an older topic.  I read this book.  Was confused when Pattie says George hardly ate, was almost never hungry.  In all the old clips of the Beatles, he is the one who was constantly eating.  Was he just doing so much cocaine at this point in his life that it destroyed his appetite?

Also, if George had already moved on from the relationship with Pattie, and was okay with her going off to Eric, what was the point of the guitar duel?

D.diews

• One And One Is Two
Pattie Boyds tell all book coming in August
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2009, 01:57:35 PM »

See this thread is funny because Mr. Garton is acknowledging exactly what he is, and seems to have no problem with it. He writes trash novels that exist to make money.

So was Kafka not a writer, because he was never published in his lifetime?

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2009, 04:00:30 PM »

Hope it's okay to resurrect an older topic.  I read this book.  Was confused when Pattie says George hardly ate, was almost never hungry.  In all the old clips of the Beatles, he is the one who was constantly eating.  Was he just doing so much cocaine at this point in his life that it destroyed his appetite?

Also, if George had already moved on from the relationship with Pattie, and was okay with her going off to Eric, what was the point of the guitar duel?

I think maybe he really wasn't okay with it, but he didn't want to really show that he cared. I don't know, it did seem a little weird to me as well. But then the fact that Pattie told him she was leaving and then he basically begged her not to leave says a lot.

"Ringo will always be my friend"--George Harrison (Rolling Stone Magazine 1987)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 83 queries.