Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What did you think of the reissued Beatles catalog back in 1987?  (Read 6068 times)

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
Re: What did you think of the reissued Beatles catalog back in 1987?
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2014, 06:47:59 AM »

The 1987 Beatles' releases were of a higher standard than other CD reissues at the time, and retailed at a whopping £12.99 each if memory serves.
The CD reissue market really started getting its act together in the 1990s, however, and, as of 2014, I think that groups like The Monkees and The Kinks are far better represented on CD (mono/stereo side by side, bonus tracks) than the biggest group in the world.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

KelMar

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2014, 02:23:40 PM »

I was buying up all those 1987  releases individually as a broke teenager then they went and remastered everything on me after I had finally completed my collection :/ thanks a lot Apple.

That was pretty much my experience too, only as a broke 30/40-something. Apple is good at that sort of thing.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2014, 03:10:45 AM »

as of 2014, I think that groups like The Monkees and The Kinks are far better represented on CD (mono/stereo side by side, bonus tracks) than the biggest group in the world.

We did get the two Capitol Box Sets several years ago.
I can stay till it's time to go

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2014, 06:32:35 AM »

I don't really do box sets, so maybe it's a personal thing, I just wish each CD had the mono and stereo versions of the LP and associated B-sides/EP tracks in place.
Whenever you see bootlegs (I'm thinking of The Stones here) that always seems to be the way the bootleggers go, and I think it makes more sense, neatening the back catalogue, and being more likely to be bought by a casual fan than a box set.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2014, 03:43:07 AM »

I think the reason that the Beatles' music is so poorly represented in terms of format release is because they are so popular and the songs are so well-loved, people will buy any format no matter how crap. Fanatics will buy it because we're completists, and casual listeners will buy it because they just want to hear the songs and can't tell the difference in terms of sound quality.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.274 seconds with 47 queries.