Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Your age  (Read 6770 times)

nimrod

Your age
« on: January 21, 2014, 11:19:45 PM »

Why is it that some people don't want people to know how old they are - even people they've never met  ha2ha

a lot of my friends on facebook don't fill in the bit that says what year they were born, so you get a reminder that its somebody's birthday today but it doesn't say which birthday (only on about 20%)

I have to say that I notice its mostly the ladies who are shy of showing theyre age

Im always puzzled why though, is it something to be ashamed off ?

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Re: Your age
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 11:34:44 PM »

Why is it that some people don't want people to know how old they are - even people they've never met  ha2ha

a lot of my friends on facebook don't fill in the bit that says what year they were born, so you get a reminder that its somebody's birthday today but it doesn't say which birthday (only on about 20%)

I have to say that I notice its mostly the ladies who are shy of showing theyre age

Im always puzzled why though, is it something to be ashamed off ?

Yes. I think it can be a bit of fun sometimes playing up to the stereotype of being worried about how old y

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 11:39:18 PM »

Try again. Accidentally hit post too soon

I think a lot of it is people playing up to the stereotype of being worried how old they are. But some people do seem to take it too seriously. It overestimates how much people would care.

It might also be an overhang from when I was a kid and told it was rude to ask how old someone was. Made it a slightly taboo topic.

Personally Im happy for people to know how old I am. As long as they make suitable insincere comments about how young I look.  ;D

nimrod

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 12:13:24 AM »

I turned 61 in November

I don't care if people think Im old, that's their problem......Im bloody well proud to have made it to 61 ;)

If somebody asks me how old I am I usually add a few years (like 6 or 7) its funny when they say 'ohh you don't look it'

don't be ashamed of your age !!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 01:42:19 AM »

57, I like everything but the aches and pains! ;)
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 01:47:26 AM »

nimrod

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 02:18:25 AM »

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 04:35:13 AM »

"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star.
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 08:51:09 AM »

http://tangledupinmusic.wordpress.com - yet another music blog

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 09:08:57 AM »

Funny you should bring up this topic, nimrod. Lately,  I've been kind of worrying about getting older. I guess what I worry about is that the typical person in their mid 20s have such and such and done such and such and I haven't. What I also find myself thinking is that I am very childlike and I feel like I don't act my age sometimes (for example, when my sister, her boyfriend and I all went to my parents house for dinner two weeks ago I was playing with my sister's hair, making her giggle and laugh while she was eating, kicking her under the table, putting salt in her juice etc ), I like bumming around, climbing trees, and being plain silly.... But it kind of feels the older you can't really do things like that. But yes, it is all in the mind and a social perspective. Age is just a number.

.... Turning 25 on Friday!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 11:14:16 AM »

57, I like everything but the aches and pains! ;)

At 58, I resemble that statement!
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 11:30:20 AM »

It's the new 58!

:P

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Brynjar

• Getting Better
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 06:10:05 PM »

35  :)
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 10:22:49 PM »

I'm a newly minted 50. Doesn't seem much different to 40 to me.

It looks like we have a real spread of ages here. Good to know a forum like this isn't just the preserve of boomers. Given some critics say that Beatle fandom is just a boomer thing and will die out with that generation.

Bobber

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 09:14:33 AM »

I'm 24. Twice.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 10:36:05 AM »

It's the new 58!

:P
I can't wait!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 12:25:16 PM »

45 in April

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 03:47:44 PM »

I'm 35. Until about two years ago I used to think that I felt much younger than I actually was. But then I had to deal with a group of 17-18 year old interns at work for a while and I thought they were such a bunch of stupid, immature little children... (no offense to all the much, much cooler teenagers on this board, of course...  ;D). I've been perfectly content with being in my 30s ever since.  ;D

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 06:31:47 PM »

I'm a brand-new 46.  :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 06:35:22 PM by Normandie »

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2014, 06:38:43 PM »

Funny you should bring up this topic, nimrod. Lately,  I've been kind of worrying about getting older. I guess what I worry about is that the typical person in their mid 20s have such and such and done such and such and I haven't. What I also find myself thinking is that I am very childlike and I feel like I don't act my age sometimes (for example, when my sister, her boyfriend and I all went to my parents house for dinner two weeks ago I was playing with my sister's hair, making her giggle and laugh while she was eating, kicking her under the table, putting salt in her juice etc ), I like bumming around, climbing trees, and being plain silly.... But it kind of feels the older you can't really do things like that. But yes, it is all in the mind and a social perspective. Age is just a number.

.... Turning 25 on Friday!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!

Happy birthday, a day in advance, KE!  cheer1 

Silliness can be a very good thing, I think. It's nice that you have a sense of humor and are in touch with your playful side. So many people aren't! One needs to be able to laugh or else life will just get too overwhelming.

Last week I wrote "Dust Me" in the heavy dust on my TV stand and texted the pic to my friends, joking about my pathetic housekeeping skills. Sometimes it's either laugh, or cry.   ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.533 seconds with 85 queries.