Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Suits  (Read 2466 times)

Bobber

Suits
« on: November 13, 2014, 08:44:42 PM »

I've been in contact with Bill Harry quite often recently. He regularly posts some interesting and/or funny things on his Facebook page. As he keeps forgetting his password to get in here himself, I asked him if it's alright if I post his stuff in here, mentioning him as a source. I'm happy he agreed. This is something about bands on the Merseyside and their suits.

We know all about Beatles suits being made by tailors at Beno Dorn or Horne Brothers, but most Liverpool tailors, particularly in the city centre, threw themselves into the activity of making suits for local groups and publicising them. I remember the tailor's at the side of Lewis's had a male dummy model holding a guitar and was surrounded by photos of Lee Curtis, the tailors at the side of the Odeon who made the suits for Rory Storm & the Hurricanes had photos of them taken outside the shop. The entire city centre seemed to be suddenly aware of Liverpool's great musical revolution once the Beatles had stormed the charts - and suddenly the entire population of Liverpool became aware of a scene that had been active for years.

Tamara

• A Beginning
Re: Suits
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 03:00:04 PM »

Nice story. I hope Bill Harry will be around more often.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Suits
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 01:01:30 AM »

That is cool.  Nice to see the Cryan Shames in the ad too.

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 39 queries.