Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Want to sent fanmail to Ringo? Be quick...  (Read 11506 times)

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Want to sent fanmail to Ringo? Be quick...
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2008, 11:00:50 PM »

he's brassed off about something!  :-/

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2008, 03:54:50 AM »

Certainly does seem that way lately....
<br />

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2008, 12:03:35 AM »

yes, apparently telling a fan to f*** off last week in Monaco.  :-/

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2008, 08:43:56 AM »

Just something about the fanmail business, I've read this article somewhere...

RINGO STARR STATEMENT REGARDING RECENT VIDEO UPDATE ON HIS WEBSITE:

Ringo Starr recently put a video update on his official website asking people not to continue to send fan mail to be signed after October 20. This was in direct response to an inordinate amount of items which have recently appeared for sale on e-bay, and to those that repeatedly send cards and items to be signed.

This message was not aimed at "real fans" and after over 45 yrs of signing we know they will understand. Ringo has always signed items and is in fact the only Beatle to have been doing so.

Ringo also feels strongly that it is a waste of paper and we all should be mindful of our carbon footprint. At the end of the day Ringo wanted to make a message that was clear and to the point and is confident his real fans understand that. That said, the recent response from the media has prompted him to clarify that video.

"How amazed am I to the reaction to my video update. I hope this statement gets as much. Please read this in a mellow way. Peace and love, Ringo."

http://abbeyrd.best.vwh.net/news/1011noautographs.html

Sorry if it's been posted before by the way, I suppose it's old news being from back in October, but I haven't been in touch with the computer for a while, hehe...
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

colleengirl95

• Getting Better
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2008, 10:21:12 AM »

Oh my... it's the first time i heard Ringo say something like this except for the "I hated the Philippines" but i don't blame him maybe he is experiencing stress and all of those things. I understand everything perfectly and I still love Ringo :)
[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2008, 07:27:29 PM »

^Ringo said he hated The Philippines? When, where, why, and/or how?

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2008, 08:58:07 PM »

^  The Beatles were treated horribly when they toured in the Philippines.  Things got so bad they thought they were going to be killed.

From Wikipedia:

In July 1966, when The Beatles toured the Philippines, they unintentionally snubbed the nation's first lady, Imelda Marcos, who had expected the group to attend a breakfast reception at the Presidential Palace.[68] When presented with the invitation, Brian Epstein politely declined on behalf of the group, as it had never been the group's policy to accept such "official" invitations.[69] The group soon found that the Marcos regime was unaccustomed to accepting "no" for an answer. After the snub was broadcast on Philippine television and radio, all of The Beatles' police protection disappeared. The group and their entourage had to make their way to Manila airport on their own. At the airport, road manager Mal Evans was beaten and kicked, and the band members were pushed and jostled about by a hostile crowd.[70] Once the group boarded the plane, Epstein and Evans were ordered off, and Evans said, "Tell my wife that I love her."[71] Epstein was forced to give back all the money that the band had earned while they were there before being allowed back on the plane.[72]

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2008, 09:06:12 PM »

This site goes into more detail (I'm not familiar with this site but hopefully the info is accurate).  It also has the Beatles "Anthology" transcript describing the whole matter:

http://991.com/Buy/TopItems/LennonGlasses/Stiffed.aspx

To make matters worse, all security detail assigned to the boys were withdrawn leaving them extremely vulnerable. They were literally kicked and jostled as they left their hotel and totally harassed all the way to the airport. Things were no better there where the airport manager has also removed all security for the Beatles. They went so far as to shut down the power to stop the escalators, forcing the boys to scale several flights of stairs with their own luggage, only to face an angry mob of 200 Filipinos brutally manhandling them! Ringo was literally floored by an uppercut and kicked on the ground. He suffered a sprained ankle as well and had to be helped to the customs area. Mal Evans and Brian Epstein were injured as well. Alf Bicknell suffered a cracked rib and a spinal injury.

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2008, 09:13:32 PM »

^=0
How could I forget about this?

My daddy, from The Philippines, says the whole 'bigger that Jesus' got a whole lot of Filipinos angry. And it did get my daddy, a Beatles fan, mad, but he forgave them. =D
My daddy is a good man.

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

colleengirl95

• Getting Better
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2008, 09:46:10 PM »

awww.... i remember when i fist heard that i began apologizing to John and George because i felt so bad about it. My uncle told me about what the Filipinos had done and i was going crazy when i heard about what they did till now i kept on apologizing you know talk to either John or George in my prayers and say i'm sorry for what they've done they don't know what they were doing at that time..
[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums

Pitch

• Getting Better
  • Yes, I'm gonna be a Starr...
    • My Artwork
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2008, 06:04:08 PM »

I have a question. ^^

Do you think it would be alright if someone were to just send him fan stuff-- like gifts and such? Not to be signed, of course! ^^ But do ya'll think he'll still accept /stuff/?

My opinion on this?
Good for Ringo!! He's a brand new, perhaps better, man who has new music and deserves to be known for more than the person he was 40 years ago!

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2008, 07:25:23 PM »

i do believe that a tiger cannot change his stripes..........and thus i believe ringo still loves us and will be normal again b4 long...remember the year he tracked santa?????he is a fan fanatic...

Pitch

• Getting Better
    • My Artwork
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2008, 04:26:35 AM »

This one got me right in the heart.~
^^

ManBeatles

• A Beginning
  • my name is Elson.
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2008, 06:51:50 PM »

Quote from: 1546

This one got me right in the heart.~
^^

that's Paul in the left?

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2008, 08:26:22 PM »

Quote from: 1505

that's Paul in the left?

That's a young Ringo talking to old Ringo. And the whole thing is just stupid. I can't believe people actually got upset over that video. It's just Ringo be straight with his fans. That's a show of RESPECT people. He could be like most rock stars and BS his fans. He could send back form letters or hire some teen to sign every thing. Or he could charge an arm and a leg for his signatures. Instead he chose to be honest! So then he gets bashed? Ugh. People are never happy. No wonder he's so annoyed! He's a guy who's tired of signing crap. So what!

Plus, he's already put in his dues ten times over. I think he's justified in saying enough already.

Pitch

• Getting Better
    • My Artwork
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2008, 04:33:03 AM »

Amen.~
Just leave the bro alone, eh? =3
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.387 seconds with 79 queries.