Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: Beatles References in modern shows  (Read 106597 times)

KelMar

Re: Beatles References in modern shows
« Reply #360 on: June 04, 2011, 06:29:35 AM »

Don't know if these two were mentioned already. Anyway, Family Guy is absolutely hillarious.  ;D

FG - Ringo Starr Song
Family Guy- John Lennon

Funny! Family Guy is one of those shows where I'm either totally offended or rolling on the floor laughing, sometimes all at once! I only watch it when my son is home; it's funnier with him here. Besides, he needs me to explain some of the older pop culture references.  ;)
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #361 on: September 22, 2011, 09:48:43 AM »

On Shooting Stars a funny quiz show they had a picture of a baby that had a famous person's mouth and eyes on this one it had a neard and eyes and they had to guess who that baby belonged to and it turned out to be Paul (Paul's eyes) & Ringo (Ringo's mouth)

gvdv

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #362 on: March 17, 2021, 07:12:24 PM »

The other day was watching a Crime programme called Silent Witness and at the end they played A Day In Thwe Life

Yoko appears on a episode of South Park and in a Halloween Special in The Simpsons you see a grave reading Paul McCartney

I know this is a very late follow up to this post, but I wanted to give some more details about the 'Silent Witness' references to The Beatles.

Silent Witness – Season 12 Episode 4 – toward the end of the episode, the first one and a half verses of ‘A Day In The Life’ are played, then cutting to the line at the end of the song, “I’d love to turn you on”.

They played the original recording - I have no idea how they got permission to do this, or why they would have been given permission to do so.

Silent Witness – Season 12 Episode 3 (?) - pathologist trainee (really an aspiring journalist) says that she is from Blackburn, and Harry says, “4000 holes”.

There are also other references to The Fabs either earlier in Season 12, or in either Season 10 or 11.

Sounds like either one or some of the writers were Beatles' fans, or one o the producers or members of the cast. (Probably everyone).

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #363 on: March 17, 2021, 08:26:05 PM »

Thanks for restarting it gdv. I didn’t even realise we had this topic. It is interesting they were able to use the actual recording. It’s very unusual to hear original Beatle music in a film or Tv series. I remember the publicity Mad Men got when it used a few seconds of Tomorrow Never Knows. It cost them quite a bit of money but I suppose for a top tv show the budget is pretty high per episode.

Other ones that popped up was Komm Gib Mir Deine Hand in JoJo Rabbit and I’m Looking Through You at the beginning of Ghost Town. It’s a real surprise when it happens.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #364 on: January 22, 2024, 02:47:55 AM »

I’ve been watching the British spy show Slow Horses. Which is quite good if people like that sort of thing. Gary Oldman is great in it.

In one episode they refer to some MI5 files being moved to storage as “Ringos”. I didn’t  think that much of it but later on they talked about the lower classified files being moved to a storage facility as “Georges and Ringos”. The more highly classified ones being retained  in the head office were”Johns and Pauls”  ha2ha

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #365 on: January 22, 2024, 09:57:00 PM »

I’ve been watching the British spy show Slow Horses. Which is quite good if people like that sort of thing. Gary Oldman is great in it.

In one episode they refer to some MI5 files being moved to storage as “Ringos”. I didn’t  think that much of it but later on they talked about the lower classified files being moved to a storage facility as “Georges and Ringos”. The more highly classified ones being retained  in the head office were”Johns and Pauls”  ha2ha

Loved that series.  icon_good

Kirstin Scott Thomas is in it , she played Aunt Mimi in Nowhere boy (very well) if I'm not mistaken.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #366 on: January 23, 2024, 03:19:37 AM »

Loved that series.  icon_good

Kirstin Scott Thomas is in it , she played Aunt Mimi in Nowhere boy (very well) if I'm not mistaken.

She is. She’s great. And was perfect as Mimi.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #367 on: January 23, 2024, 08:46:32 AM »

She is. She’s great. And was perfect as Mimi.

She really was. Only a handful of actors and roles stick in my mind as being absolutely spot-on several years after I've seen a film, and that's one of them.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Page created in 0.555 seconds with 50 queries.