Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 'Life' - Keith Richards  (Read 2183 times)

stevie

• Getting Better
'Life' - Keith Richards
« on: December 31, 2010, 12:03:20 AM »

Got Keef's autobiog for xmas and started it last night. I went through the index and there's heaps of Beatle refs, especially for John. The pair did an acid fuelled drive through London once, which John couldn't remember even years later.  Keef reckoned the only 2 musicians he could ever identify with, were John and Gram Parsons, as they didn't care about anything but the pureness of the music. In 2006, Keef ran into Paul on the beach on some islands and they had a good time hanging out. They even wrote a song together. It was before Macca played the Super Bowl and Keef dared him to play Please Please Me instead of the alloted songs but Paul said he'd get into trouble!

I read Bill Wyman's book, 'Stone Alone' years ago, and he always claimed to have written the riff for 'Jumpin' Jack Flash'. I searched in Keef's book and he makes no mention of it! But Bill and Charlie were always getting ripped off by the Glimmer Twins.

Great book so far, he doesn't hold back and writes with a real flair for the narrative.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 34 queries.