Solo forums > Paul McCartney

Is Paul Losing His Voice?

<< < (13/13)

fendertele:
he did falsetto im sure on coming up, unless it was linda alone ?

Sondra:

--- Quote from: 971 ---I've just rememberd Paul doe's a lovely falsetto on "So Bad" , So yes he could do that style of singing(thumbsup)
--- End quote ---

He could hit the notes well, but I don't think he could hold the note and give it that same power that singers like Garfunkel are able to do. Which is why he always resorted to the growling thing. Which was good for what he was doing anyway. More rock and roll. But I wonder if he could have trained his voice to accomplish those big power notes. For some reason, Because comes to mind. The potential seemed to have been there.

Was listening to Elton John today. Another guy with great range. Probably more similar to Paul than Garfunkel. Some of those high notes he hits are pretty amazing. Like it when he refers to himself as sounding like a castrati!  He would have made a great fifth Beatle I think. Except he'd have had to tone down the glamour a bit!  :X

Sorry to have gotten off topic.  :B

alexis:
Back to the sweetness thing ... I think it's hard to beat "Yesterday" and "I Will" for sweet vocals.

That singer from Squeeze has an interesting voice, kind of like that too at times. Does anyone else think so?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version