Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Anyone collect their vinyls?  (Read 59483 times)

KelMar

Re: Anyone collect their vinyls?
« Reply #240 on: February 11, 2012, 06:52:43 AM »

Oh geez...

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #241 on: July 22, 2012, 07:55:07 PM »

Here are a few photo's of my Beatle collection and my record collection. Most are the origional US Capitol pressings from wayback! The Abby Road album is a late 70's version cut from the Origional Masters. I have the White Album Origional Masters but for some reason I have it somewhere and couldn't locate it-It's around! Also a couple of bootlegs! Total albums count 238.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #242 on: July 22, 2012, 10:41:09 PM »

Here are a few photo's of my Beatle collection and my record collection. Most are the origional US Capitol pressings from wayback! The Abby Road album is a late 70's version cut from the Origional Masters. I have the White Album Origional Masters but for some reason I have it somewhere and couldn't locate it-It's around! Also a couple of bootlegs! Total albums count 238.

Based on the condition of the covers, I'm going to guess that the actual vinyl is in pretty good shape also.

Nice collection.
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #243 on: July 23, 2012, 01:06:50 AM »

Based on the condition of the covers, I'm going to guess that the actual vinyl is in pretty good shape also.

Nice collection.
Thanks,
 I don't think I have any scratches or warps. I 've alwys tried to keep them safe. I enjoy listening to them every so often.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

VBMCollector

• One And One Is Two
    • Virtua Beatles Music
« Reply #244 on: February 15, 2014, 11:08:25 PM »

Nice collection, Dcazz ! :)

One of my friends recently offered me a copy of Rubber Soul in mono pressing (Capitol T 2442, rainbow label). It’s perhaps for me a starting point for a future collection of US pressings. Presently, I’m looking for several UK stereo albums, on original Parlophone Label (PCS).

I am interested in the original British discography since my father introduced me to his collection when I was a child. In the sixties, he collected french singles and EP’s, but as some songs (Thank You Girl, for example) were not published in France, he also sought the English records (it was possible to find there at some stores, in Paris).

Today, we continue to collect both and I started to get interested in original German pressings from the Polydor period (1960-1902). A theme that interests me particularly ! ;)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 11:39:02 PM by VBMCollector »

nimrod

« Reply #245 on: February 21, 2014, 10:10:10 PM »

Wow Dave Im jealous :)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #246 on: February 22, 2014, 03:54:07 AM »

The copies of The White Album (not shown) and Abbey Road are from the Original Master Recordings. I got these in the 80's when I lived in California. They sounded so good I sold my skis' and bought a Bang and Olsen(?) cartridge so I could hear them even clearer.
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #247 on: March 01, 2014, 05:40:33 PM »

The copies of The White Album (not shown) and Abbey Road are from the Original Master Recordings. I got these in the 80's when I lived in California. They sounded so good I sold my skis' and bought a Bang and Olsen(?) cartridge so I could hear them even clearer.
I listened to some of 1/2 Speed Master of Abbey Road this am. It really does make a difference to the ears. I can hear the high end of the cymbals, guitars and string with better clarity. You still get the vinyl vibe as well.
Mark Twain

antistatica

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #248 on: October 31, 2014, 05:10:02 PM »

I'm the newone  on forum, and I have to say - I am real record collector. I have  about  90 albums of Beatles ( with a solo albums too ) , and  this is a neverending joy  of collecting them . A  few albums are really rare , like first edition of  "Meet the Beatles" which is really expencive and rare.
The sound of records  is pure sound of  60s.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #249 on: November 02, 2014, 02:35:12 PM »

i am thinking about dumping my collection...i am just not into it like i use to be...i got a lunch box dolls 45s with sleeves albums vintage posters some old mags patches stick pins cake decorations and more but its just gathering dust and taking up space... :-[

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #250 on: November 03, 2014, 02:35:12 AM »

i am thinking about dumping my collection...i am just not into it like i use to be...i got a lunch box dolls 45s with sleeves albums vintage posters some old mags patches stick pins cake decorations and more but its just gathering dust and taking up space... :-[

Send me back the Pete Best record I have you then ya bastage.

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
« Reply #251 on: November 03, 2014, 10:56:54 AM »

The time to get vinyl was the dire 1980s.

In the dire 1980s everybody shifted over-night (err, not me, didn't buy a CD player until 1997) from a format that cost about £3.49 - £5.49 per unit to a format (in its infancy and with little in the way of sleeve-notes or bonus tracks, and often appallingly transferred) that cost anything from £12.99 - £18.99 per unit.

Fast forward to 2014, and now is the time to buy CDs, a format (advanced, sleeve-notes, bonus tracks aplenty) that costs anything from £1 to, at the very most, about £9.99, and yet a significant amount of people, or so we're led to believe by the Record Industry, are prepared to pay upwards of £50 for an album which, judging by all the comments of Amazon, has a 50/50 chance of being made with really poor materials despite the claims of 'virgin vinyl' etc. on the cover.

I don't get it.

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #252 on: July 01, 2015, 11:24:52 PM »

The time to get vinyl was the dire 1980s.

I don't get it.

Funny, What comes around goes around  glassesslip

Now was the time for me to sell off my original Canadian Capitol records, as I got "top dollar" for them.

*** Still have these for sell: Super rare 1980 FULL Stereo retro Capitol "Beatlemania! With The Beatles" Album and the hard to find Dr Ebbets needle drop recording CD of the same album.

Did all this since I collected all the Original UK LP's, and am now currently buying the original UK Singles...

« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 11:26:52 PM by Bingo Bongo »
Beatles music gives me Eargasms

Bobber

« Reply #253 on: July 02, 2015, 07:07:27 AM »

Good stuff.  icon_good

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #254 on: July 02, 2015, 12:59:00 PM »

One of my friends recently offered me a copy of Rubber Soul in mono pressing (Capitol T 2442, rainbow label). It’s perhaps for me a starting point for a future collection of US pressings. Presently, I’m looking for several UK stereo albums, on original Parlophone Label (PCS).

I am interested in the original British discography since my father introduced me to his collection when I was a child. In the sixties, he collected french singles and EP’s, but as some songs (Thank You Girl, for example) were not published in France, he also sought the English records (it was possible to find there at some stores, in Paris).

I recommend everyone buy the original UK LP's.  What people are paying for the 2012 Stereo & 2014 Mono reissue LPs, you could have a great start on the originals. Only the White LP & Sgt. Pepper are a little expensive, the rest not so much. (unless your after the first pressing (Gold) Please Please Me stereo version)  icon_king

Unfortunately, since there was no real "Past Masters", collecting the UK Singles can get a little expensive.  4ac

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #255 on: July 02, 2015, 02:35:36 PM »

That's an amazing collection, BB! I have only a handful of vinyl Beatles LPs, all U.S. versions.

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #256 on: July 02, 2015, 03:55:20 PM »

Ya being patriotic I had to have the Canadian versions, but since I really don't play my records much, now was the time to take advantage of the price of records.  Unfortunately like I mentioned, it also means the price of Beatles UK Parlophone/Apple singles/EPs are also high!    icon_mad

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #257 on: July 03, 2015, 04:41:06 PM »

I love the early Canadian Beatles albums.  I have Long Tall Sally and Twist and Shout on vinyl transfer CDs.
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #258 on: July 03, 2015, 09:57:41 PM »

I love the early Canadian Beatles albums.  I have Long Tall Sally and Twist and Shout on vinyl transfer CDs.

Interesting ibanez.  Do you prefer this over real CD quality?  Does it have a lot of the pop & hisses like an album does?  I am somewhat interested in doing this myself, but wonder if it's worth doing.

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #259 on: July 04, 2015, 02:04:47 PM »

Luckily I sold off my 2012 reissue Stereo LP set for more than I paid for it, and kept the Black Box to store my Original UK LPs & Singles/EPs in.  icon_king

Here is my Beatles "White" LP and Black Box  icon_good

« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 02:07:48 PM by Bingo Bongo »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Page created in 0.734 seconds with 81 queries.