Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44

Author Topic: How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?  (Read 184643 times)

fabmark

• One And One Is Two
Re: How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?
« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2005, 03:27:51 PM »

hello an apple, this looks like a friendly place to discuss all things beatles, look forward to getting to know you all
Let em come  :-/

Sheet Music Plus Homepage

strawb3rryfi3ldsfor3ver

• Getting Better
  • What filthy ways are these?
« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2005, 05:11:43 PM »

XD I was pro'lly meant to be a Beatles fan. I have some notebooks from elementary school where I spell 'beetles' as 'beatles'.
[face=Courier]Things they do look awful c-c-cold... yeah, I hope I die before I get old.[/face]

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2005, 09:01:49 PM »

Awww that's cute!
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Jessi

• One And One Is Two
  • Got to be good looking 'cuz I'm so hard to see.
    • Ramblings
« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2005, 05:38:48 AM »

I always vaguely knew who the Beatles were, but was never very interested in their music until I was 11 or so and my art teacher showed us Yellow Submarine in our art class.  Then I thought they were okay until 1 came out and I bought it. From then on, I thought they were really cool, and then someone bought me Help! for my birthday. I heard I've Just Seen A Face... fan for life. :)
The sun is up.  The sky is blue.  It's beautiful.  And so are you.

slimjim

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2005, 05:48:26 PM »

Quote from: The_End
When did you first hear of The Beatles? Was it through their films or maybe a track you heard on the radio? What makes their music so special to you? Can you remember what it was that suddenly made you think "wow"?

I must have seen them performing one of their singles on Top Of The Pops, the BBC's long-running chart single programme, back in the '60s. My older brother was a teenager at the time, and was a fan.
A forum for European Beatles Fans

« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2005, 07:43:47 PM »

Hi! I'm a newbie to the forum, so hello everyone!

I got into the Beatles at a v young age, my dad was nuts on them and so listened to them all the time when I grew up. When he left I made him leave all his Beatles records, and then started buying cd's when they became available!

Amanda

slimjim

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2005, 10:54:04 PM »

Hello Amanda! Nice to see you here, too :D
A forum for European Beatles Fans

« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2005, 06:26:53 PM »

I was two when I remember throwing one of my toys down the stairs during a temper tantrum. . .  and that toy was my Sgt Pepper's record.  My parents got me into the Beatles with that record and my life has been Beatlefied since then!
At 5 I got the Beatles 20 greatest hits, at 11 my godfather gave me about 8 of his Beatle records, and since then, I've been a big fan.

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #128 on: April 27, 2005, 08:15:34 PM »

hi djapp, and welcome to dm's.
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

JimColyer

• A Beginning
  • I wrote Save The Planet.
    • Jim Colyer
« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2005, 12:12:10 AM »

I am 59.  I first heard of The Beatles in the summer of 1963 when From Me To You was played on the radio.  Del Shannon had out a version of the song and for awhile, I liked his better.  I soon changed my mind.  Read my Beatles article.  http://jimcolyer.com/papers/entry?id=61

norwegianwoody

• A Beginning
« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2005, 01:47:06 AM »

A little man appeared before me floating on a bowl of Rice Krispies and said, "Beatles young man, Beatles!"  Thereafter my life was changed.

Actually my sister and I would watch the Beatle cartoons in our basement together.  Then I saw "A Hard Day's Night," and when I was in the third grade my parents finally caved in and bought me "SPLHCB" lp and life hasn't been the same since.

Yamisonic

• A Beginning
  • Love is all and love is everyone
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2005, 12:21:31 PM »

When I listened Strawberry Fields Forever, I was hooked at the verse which was all quiet with some loops and trumpets in the background. It's cool. I loved the whole song though.

Then I listened to the blue album with my brother, and he could sing all the songs. It was very enjoyable. Then I got Abbey Road ... "the rest is history".

"Life is what happens while you are busy making plans" -- John Lennon
"Love has a nasty habit of disappearing overnig

Heart

• A Beginning
« Reply #132 on: July 03, 2005, 01:56:01 AM »

I listened to a lot of oldies when I was younger and the songs by The Beatles always got me excited. It's only now since they stopped playing a lot of their music on the radios that I'm investing money in their albums. I've always love their music though :)

mclen57

• A Beginning
« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2005, 03:53:11 AM »

I did it the easy way. Me and my family were sitting in front of a box with moving B&W pictures on it. And a funny looking stiff-jointed guy who kept making me think this was a show about big feet 'cause he kept saying "really big shoe" came out and introduced these 4 guys with girl's hair as the Beatles. I thought they were pretty sissy looking, shaking their heads and everything. All the girls in the audience must not have liked them very much 'cause they were all crying and screaming. The only one I liked was the big-nosed guy pounding the drums. I thought that was a good job! Make girls scream and cry and beat things and I wouldn't have to get a haircut! That's for me! Been hooked since. ;D

Henry the Horse

Tamara

• A Beginning
« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2005, 02:27:47 PM »

A few years ago I had a boyfriend for a couple of weeks. He was really a beatlesfan. Of course I had heard of the Beatles, but didn't know exactly what music they made. I knew Help, Yesterday and Let It Be of course, heard that on the radio. But one night we sat down together next to the cd-player and he let me hear a lot of different things that I had never heard before. I remember hearing Revolution 9, but turned it down after a minute and asked for another song. I was interested in the music from the Beatles, it really did something to me and I started to buy cd's. One by one I got them all. I listened to many different things before and do now, but the beatles are really great. My friends don't understand it, but that doens't matter. If I could only get a chance to make them listen to it!

Mercuryworks

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #135 on: July 19, 2005, 08:19:35 AM »

Well my stepdad is a BIG collector and a HUGE fan and he introduced to some bands the most I took interested of is Queen and The Beatles. And ever since Lucy in the Sky I had been taking my stepdad's cds and check them out and eventually later I became a Beatle fan after White Album and Sgt.Pepper and I keep exploring the Beatles more and more.
"And in the end, The love you take is equal to the Love.....You make."
-The End, Abbey Road

lyndal

• A Beginning
« Reply #136 on: July 21, 2005, 06:48:17 AM »

I have really enjoyed listening to everybody's stories. It seems that they have all been touched in a different way, whether it be from a song, a vision of the Beatles, or something else. It just goes to show, doesnt it?

becky

• A Beginning
« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2005, 03:23:36 PM »

When did I first hear the Beatles? Well, I first heard them when I was in elementary school because my music teacher showed us the Beatles Yellow Submarine movie. But after a year I forgot who the Beatles were, but I heard the Beatles Yellow Submarine song on the radio again when I was in Middle School and I asked my mom who wrote that song and she said the Beatles did. I really liked the Yellow Submarine song and that's when I became a Beatles fan after hearing that song for a second time. :)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2005, 04:38:09 AM »

I don't think you can really 'discover' the Beatles. They're just sort of always there. I mean, it's not like you stumble upon them and go, hey I just heard a song by some really cool band, I wonder what else they've done. It's just a matter of how into them you get. Avoiding them is a lot harder than finding out about them. They're everywhere in some form or another.

Public Pervert

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2005, 07:11:42 AM »

My friend's dad is a huge fan of The Beatles, and me and my friends would always poke fun at him because we thought they were totally lame. Well, until I actually heard some of their songs, then I got hooked on them. Most of my friends don't know that I like them, because I'm afraid of being ridiculed by them if they find out.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44

Page created in 0.347 seconds with 94 queries.