Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: "Love" Cirque du Soleil DVD for June...  (Read 14851 times)

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
"Love" Cirque du Soleil DVD for June...
« on: May 01, 2008, 06:43:59 PM »

Hey all you out there............did you hear that in June a DVD will be released showing the making of the Beatles' "Love" show by Cirque du Soliel???  You all probably know about this now.  And it's gonna be dedicated to the late, great Neil Aspinall.  Are any of you going to buy it???  I know I will.  

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
Re: "Love" Cirque du Soleil DVD for June...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 06:55:54 PM »

I probably will, too. I'll probably check with the first buyers to see if the issuers did anything retarded on it, then probably purchase (you know, loused up the sound or something).

This will be the only way I'll ever see the show, as there is no way I will ever go to Las Vegas. I really want it destroyed. It is wrong to build a city in a desert and use up all those resources (says someone in the water-strapped west). I would be responsible; I would evacuate everyone in an orderly fashion. Then I would obliterate it with a giant rock from space.

So, yes! The answer is probably yes. :)
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 08:16:58 PM »

^^^^^I'm going to definitely buy it.  Like you said, it's the only way I'll ever go to Vegas and see the show............I don't have money for a trip like that....... :(
But I think it's gonna be more of the making of it and all the rehearsals, I think....

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 08:22:18 PM »

I saw the show, and will probably buy the dvd.  The show was amazing.  Of course, the dvd won't be the same thing, but I would like to buy it because at times, there was so much going on in the show that I might have missed some of it.

And I love Las Vegas. I love the gambling, I love the drinking... I love it all! Please don't destroy it for my own selfish reasons  ;D
<br />

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 04:25:52 AM »

HeatherBoo, I appreciate what you're saying. Many people find great enjoyment in Las Vegas. Be assured I will certainly give you fair warning to clear out when I call down the giant space rock to destroy it all!

I would be very interested to hear your comments on the DVD after watching the live show. I've seen a couple of CdS shows here in Denver. Really amazing and always a million things to look at. So please let me know what I'm missing by seeing only the DVD. :)
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 12:15:31 AM »

K thanks for the fair warning! I just love Sin City  8)

Yes, I will be sure to comment after watching the DVD.  
The show got mixed reviews.  Most of the people who disliked the show however did not like it becuase they had seen other Cique du Soliel shows and were expecting more tricks and stunts.  And while Love did have tricks and stunts, it was more to tell a story.  Each song had a different scene.  They interpreted the song with dance and props and stunts and tricks.  It was very enjoyable and entertaining.  Especially so if you love The Beatles.

I hope I didn't bother the people around me as I sang along to every song.  Not alot of people were rocking out! I couldn't help myself  ;D
<br />

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
    • Twitter: Sammi_CoJo
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 07:55:55 PM »

I would so buy it!!!
I love that CD and would LOVE to go see it!

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 09:00:32 PM »

im looking forward to this i always wondered why they hadnt released this show on dvd before now.

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 10:52:37 PM »

I want it so bad, I watched some of it at the grammy's I want to say

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 11:27:41 PM »

i would rather see the show live than on dvd, why dosen't it show in the UK?? :-/

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 11:29:07 PM »

because theirs only one LAS VEGAS BABY! :P
just kidding, I don't know.

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 07:49:43 PM »

I'm pretty sure its only in Las vegas because Cique Du Soliel does all of their shows in Las Vegas.  They have quite a few going on right now out there.  And they are making some serious money too.  I paid $160 bucks for my ticket and they were in the middle of the theater.  
<br />

BlueMeanie

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 09:50:41 AM »

Apple Corps announces global DVD release of All Together Now on June 24.

Full story: http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-news/regional-news/2008/05/14/liverpool-to-host-uk-premiere-of-movie-about-the-beatles-64375-20906303/

Trailer:

t2Q91LjUYkY

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 12:36:06 PM »

^^^^^OH MY GOD!!!!  I LOVE IT!!!!  I can't wait for the release!!!!!

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 01:09:55 AM »

Quote from: 551
there is no way I will ever go to Las Vegas. I really want it destroyed.

;D

Las Vegas is the Rush Limbaugh of cities: it's almost impossible to overstate its absurdity and foolishness. Your hit-it-with-a-giant-rock-from-space idea has real merit, but I fear the explosion will only succeed in spreading a lot of really intolerable bits of rubbish over far too wide an area. I say quarantine the whole city, seal it up in some sort of giant impregnable bubble, and launch it into the sun.  8)

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2008, 02:25:16 AM »

:o :o
<br />

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 02:49:05 AM »

;D Poor Heather is feeling the heat!

Quote from: 1161
Las Vegas is the Rush Limbaugh of cities:
I'm dying! What a quote.

Quote from: 1161
I say quarantine the whole city, seal it up in some sort of giant impregnable bubble, and launch it into the sun.  
I think sealing it in an impregnable bubble will suffice. We did this at college to a small loaf of bread. We hadn't intended to. The loaf got pushed to the back of the closet and when we discovered it again, it was this green, liquidy thing, still with slice marks, but a true slime mold hybrid that had started to melt through the wooden pantry shelf. So naturally we saved it in a beaker for further study.

Over the course of years, "the bread" (as it come to be known) went through a series of toxic changes, turning all shades of orange, brown, grey, etc. Every few years (yes, this was a long experiment; "the bread" followed us from college) we'd open it-- outside, prepared to run. The stench was unbelievable. It was an amazing potential weapon.

Then, finally, after being lost in the basement for some time, we found it again. The liquid in the vial was absolutely clear. When we opened it, it was the scent of fresh oranges.

Las Vegas, this is your future!!!!

====

Man, I'm not supposed to do this. I'm not supposed to get off-topic.

Wow, I really look forward to that "Love" Cirque du Soleil DVD.  :o

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2008, 03:23:11 AM »

Quote from: 551
The loaf got pushed to the back of the closet and when we discovered it again, it was this green, liquidy thing, still with slice marks, but a true slime mold hybrid that had started to melt through the wooden pantry shelf.

Oh God, so that's what that stuff in the back of my fridge is. I thought it had something to do with the condenser.

But obviously I'm only kidding about Las Vegas. I'd be fine with the place if they'd just get rid of the Drive Thru Church Of Elvis / Celine Dion type of thing.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2008, 04:07:40 AM »

We're referring to the Strip of course as most of Las Vegas is quite normal. Suburbs with hard working families just like anyplace else. I know people who live there and they're actually very nice. I think it's too bad people won't go see LOVE because it's in Vegas. It's an AMAZING experience. I don't have a problem visiting. It's become more like Disney than anything else. A lot of shopping and rides. As for the other attractions, anything consenting adults want to do with their free time is their own business. Who am I to judge.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2008, 03:33:57 PM »

I'm not faulting anything about Las Vegas, its attractions, or its people. Just its location. It sucks up huge amounts of water and energy that could be far more wisely used than creating a playground in the middle of the desert. We out west live and die by our water. Such extravagant waste seems criminal to me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Page created in 0.254 seconds with 85 queries.