Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Beatles Acting.  (Read 1885 times)

Pothos

• A Beginning
The Beatles Acting.
« on: January 07, 2014, 10:57:58 PM »

Have you any specific opinions on The Beatles acting. Any scenes or movies that you think stand out.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

KelMar

Re: The Beatles Acting.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 06:21:06 AM »

It seems that Ringo was generally considered to be the best actor among the lads, but I think they all were very natural in their films. But their acting wasn’t limited to the time they spent on the movie sets. During all those press conferences, interviews and random times caught on camera I’m sure they often had to project a mood that was contrary to what they were feeling. That takes acting skill too! It’s hard for me to say what scenes or movies are my favorite. The scene from AHDN where they are dealing with the man who travels “on this train regularly, twice a week” is a great one. I like George’s scene where he proclaims the shirts “dead grotty” and Susan a drag. Ringo and John are hilarious in the elevator scene in HELP! and the restroom scene is probably my favorite. I’m sure if I sat down and watched the movies now I’d come up with lots more. But I definitely think “actor” belonged on all their resumes.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 06:42:01 AM »

Ringo was perfect for the role of Youngman Grand, Esq. in The Magic Christian...

The Magic Christian (1969): Yellow Cash Road

I thought he was brilliant in Caveman.  He made himself understood using a vocabulary of only fifteen words...

Caveman

I can stay till it's time to go

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 07:20:37 AM »

Ringo did seen to have the most potential. But it wasnt really explored that deeply. Even now it'd be interesting to see him as a hood or something in a British police drama.

I think John and George were good at projecting their personalities. They came across well on screen. Not that you'd necessarily call it acting I guess. Not in the sense of delivering a part that isn't you.

But I think Paul was the weakest. He looked like he was trying to act in AHDN. And not doing it that well. He exuded the same aura in Broadstreet (from memory. I saw it when it came out and definitely have not sought to revisit it). Just didnt strike me as being able to fully place himself in the film. Maybe he couldn't fully let go of self-consciousness.

KelMar

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 07:32:52 AM »

Ringo did seen to have the most potential. But it wasnt really explored that deeply. Even now it'd be interesting to see him as a hood or something in a British police drama.

Funny you should mention that. He did play a streetwise type in "That'll be the Day".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That%27ll_Be_the_Day_%28film%29

http://youtu.be/tJjgf-iEv8o

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 07:39:30 AM »

Funny you should mention that. He did play a streetwise type in "That'll be the Day".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That%27ll_Be_the_Day_%28film%29

http://youtu.be/tJjgf-iEv8o

I never saw the film. Although a brother had the soundtrack. There's still time for him to show up in Law and Order: UK

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 43 queries.