Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatles Scrabble!  (Read 3359 times)

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
Beatles Scrabble!
« on: December 16, 2012, 02:00:26 AM »

A lot of people on here probably already know this. But I thought I'd mention it. There's a Beatles version of the Scrabble boardgame out! I just found this out about a week ago and am totally gonna buy it. Sounds amazing. I guess if you create a word related to the Beatles in any way, you get bonus points. And there's cards involved. That's all I know so far.

Has anyone played this yet?
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

Fab4Fan

• Getting Better
Re: Beatles Scrabble!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 04:56:01 AM »

I bought it last year around Christmas if I'm not mistaken (or maybe it was the year prior) but I have not yet opened it. Wish I could help you out. I also have the Beatles Monopoly game - do you have that one?
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 06:32:51 AM »

You've had it that long? I thought it was brand new and I read that it made its debut this fall.
Yeah I have Monopoly too. I'm interested to see if they'll come out with yet another Beatles-themed game in the near future, lol.
-Julia

DizzymissLizzy909

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 04:59:48 PM »

This is so cool! I haven't seen it anywhere so far, but when I googled the game it said it just came out fall 2012.
I have Beatles monopoly, although most of my non-Beatles friends aren't interested in trying it :p

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 05:18:05 PM »

^Yeah, I'm excited about it.  party2

I found out about it on www.thefest.com. It's the world's largest online/catalog Beatles store, check it out if you haven't. I also saw it in the music and CD section of Barnes & Noble bookstore.

I make my dad play the Beatles games with me, lol. I have Trivial Pursuit too. They should also just invent an all-new Beatles game that isn't just a Beatles version of Monopoly, Scrabble, etc. I think that would be cool, lol. We had to make our own boardgames in an art class I had a few years back in 11th grade. I made one called "The Beatles World Tour." The board was a map of the world, and a pathway went all throughout it and you had to land in like five or six different countries. Each player picks the Beatle they want to be, and out of clay I made stands for the pieces and a die that used music notes and hearts for the dots on it, lol. There were cards too, and the goal of the game was to be the Beatle with the most fans at the end of the tour. And I had to make instructions. It was just a goony little game, I should post pics, lol.

I also wanna get that original Beatles Flip Your Wig game from the early '60s, it's on ebay.  :laugh:
-Julia

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 05:23:54 PM »

I have Beatles monopoly, although most of my non-Beatles friends aren't interested in trying it :p

I wish we all lived nearby each other! Anyone here miraculously live in northeast Ohio? lol
-Julia

Jema

• Getting Better
  • "The Beatles will exist without us." - George
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 12:39:21 PM »

This is news to me as well! I already have the Beatles Monopoly and Trivial Pursuit, so it will be awesome to add the Beatles Scrabble to my collection!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 12:16:03 AM »

Oh, that DOES sound cool. And I just happen to have a Barnes & Noble coupon giving me an extra 10% off in addition to my member discount.  ;)

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 10:09:43 PM »

I also wanna get that original Beatles Flip Your Wig game from the early '60s, it's on ebay.  :laugh:
That would make sucha  good Xmas present!

I could do with a new scrabble board..... Hmmmmm!

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
    • Instagram
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 05:37:16 PM »

^Yeah, the Flip Your Wig game would be an amazing present, I'd be ecstatic if I got that! It's expensive on ebay though. One has a starting bid of $125. I'm gonna try to bid on another that's at only $47 right now. But bidding sucks. I wish it would say "buy it now."

It's funny you mentioned that it would be a good Christmas present, 'cause there was a poster on ebay from the early '60s that advertises the game, it said something like "New for 1964...get it this Christmas." The game was only $2.95 then, and look what we're paying for it now! lol
-Julia

Fab4Fan

• Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 08:57:22 PM »

Hey, Beatlemaniac64, I messed up.  You are correct about the Scrabble game.  I have so much Beatle stuff I don't always remember what I have.  I have the Monopoly and Trivial Pursuit games - not Scrabble.  Sorry, I just got a little confused.   :-[

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
    • Instagram
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 05:03:59 PM »

^That's fine, I totally know the feeling! I think I mentioned in the "You know you're a fan" section that my Beatles book and magazine collection has grown so much that I am finding things I didn't even know I had, lol.  ;)
-Julia

Fab4Fan

• Getting Better
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2012, 01:55:19 AM »

Lol, I know what you mean!

Page created in 0.338 seconds with 59 queries.