Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Amusing beatles Story from way back!  (Read 1968 times)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
Amusing beatles Story from way back!
« on: June 13, 2012, 12:07:26 PM »

When the Beatles hit the scene we we 7-8 years old and thats ALL anyone talked about on the playground or school was about the Beatles.
I went to Catholic school in my younger years and at some point the time came to choose our confirmation names. At the end of this proccess the nun went around the room and asked everyone what names they chose. One kid said "St. John" and the nun gave her approval and gave a little bio on St. John. Another kid said,"St. George". The Sister again showed her approval and gave a little bio on St. George. She asked me and I said,"St. Paul". And was very happy with my choice. As she went further along she asked my freind Mark Dunn and he replied, "St. Ringo!". The whole class broke out laughing and even the sister was somewhat amused when she realised what we were doing and laughed with us. Although Mark wasn't allowed to keep his name I'm sure he came up with a suitable replacement. By the way, my confirmation name is still St. Paul! 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:30:42 PM by Dcazz »
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

TomMo

• A Beginning
  • You Can't Do That
Re: Amusing beatles Story from way back!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 03:00:04 PM »

And I chose "John" as mine. Thanks for reminding me. I had forgotten.
"Beware of soft shoe shufflers"

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 03:20:21 PM »

I wonder how many adult kids are out there still with their beatle saint names!? Lol!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 12:04:19 AM »

That's a cute story, Dcazz....I'll have to keep that in mind when my son is confirmed in a few years.  :D

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 01:54:14 AM »

When the Beatles hit the scene we we 7-8 years old and thats ALL anyone talked about on the playground or school was about the Beatles.
I went to Catholic school in my younger years and at some point the time came to choose our confirmation names. At the end of this proccess the nun went around the room and asked everyone what names they chose. One kid said "St. John" and the nun gave her approval and gave a little bio on St. John. Another kid said,"St. George". The Sister again showed her approval and gave a little bio on St. George. She asked me and I said,"St. Paul". And was very happy with my choice. As she went further along she asked my freind Mark Dunn and he replied, "St. Ringo!". The whole class broke out laughing and even the sister was somewhat amused when she realised what we were doing and laughed with us. Although Mark wasn't allowed to keep his name I'm sure he came up with a suitable replacement. By the way, my confirmation name is still St. Paul!

That is funny.  I guess if he had said St Peter instead of St Ringo, that would have been OK (not that any 8 year old would have heard of Pete at the time).

The Beatles (1960-1970) - John, Stu, Paul, George, Pete & Ringo

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 02:42:45 AM »

Beatle St. Peter might have been considered excommunicated!
Mark Twain

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 46 queries.