Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Stella McCartney  (Read 5976 times)

Runforyourlife

Stella McCartney
« on: June 24, 2004, 04:14:10 AM »

When I was in New York City a few months back I got to stop by Stella McCartney's store. As a clothes freak, I adore going in to designer shops and checking out the stuff. Even though I'm not personally crazy for anything I saw, I'm still glad I went so I could see her "thing." Her clothes are a little more on the "tacky" side for me. Anyway...maybe she's got fans on these boards. I'll post some pics I found of her (on google) just for fun.

(I know...everyone wonders why I'm continually creating threads about the Beatles kids. I swear I'm mainly a Sean fan, but I think they are all interesting enough to atleast be given some amount of attention. Disregard the whole thing if it annoys you.)

I'm SURE she has a lot of fans of her designs, but I'll post some pics of them and you guys can comment (or not) on what you think. :)...
Some Stella designs...

That's all I have time for now. I know that's not really a large list, but from what I saw at her store there were about three things that I thought were fairly "pretty" and the rest just didn't appeal to me. :) I'm more of a Donna Karan/Marc Jacobs/Ellie Saab/Lanvin type I guess. :)

Rowdy

• Getting Better
Re: Stella McCartney
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 10:56:08 AM »

Models were nice looking.....but seeing a female that looked a lot like Paul.....well, those pics freaked me out a bit.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

Wayne L.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 11:54:49 AM »

I wouldn't be too surprised if Stella McCartney would be selling her clothes line on cable home shopping channels QVC or HSN before too long.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 04:56:50 AM »

Stella's dresses are still quite sought after and highly paid for.  No QVC for SM.

She's pretty, but a bit odd looking.  Maybe it's just the jpg's, but there is just something...maybe that Paul look.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 05:18:06 AM »

Her dad is prettier.

Runforyourlife

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 11:24:57 PM »

Mr. Charlie, when I googled the pics I made sure to choose the prettiest and nicest of all the ones there, as well as for the clothes...I want to be fair to Stella and to everyone when I make a topic on whatever subject. :)

Although I'm probably in the minority here, I don't think any of Paul's kids with Linda are as pretty as Linda herself. I think she was a most beautiful lady, and she had a confident air about her that I've always respected. She wore very little makeup and was simple and natural in her appearance.

Stella has a face shape like Paul. But she's a mixture of both her parents. Linda's face was a bit on the thinnish side, though, that's why I say.

However, as far as her clothes are concerned, I think she will always be very sought after, mainly because she has a lot of high-profile friends and others who support and wear her stuff. But as an average, ordinary lady like myself who just likes to buy something that I think looks great and want to look cute in, Stella is not for me.

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2004, 03:29:34 AM »

Linda grew into a fairly lovely woman (when they first met she still hadn't grown into her face seemingly).

ringorama

• A Beginning
  • Control yourself, you'll spurt
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2004, 06:41:18 AM »

Well, Stella has a different look to her, I can kind of see her father, but kinda not.
For her clothes, they're really interesting, but not the sort of clothes I'd wear. I'm sure they're sought after in Hollywood and all though.

Runforyourlife: I saw this picture and I thought it should be added (mostly cause of Sean ;D )

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2004, 12:49:14 PM »

GREAT PICTURE!!! Wow, Lennon/McCartney together again!

Runforyourlife

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2004, 06:20:43 PM »

Thanks so much for the piccie Ringo...I don't think Sean looks very flattering there. Unsmilling and those glasses = not so attractive Sean to Runforyourlife. That's also a fairly old pic, as well. :)

But it was sweet to post it.

Oh and the best shop to check out in NYC is Marc Jacobs!!! I think I wanted everything I saw. Forget Stella, Marc is THE hip designer. (Ralph Lauren, Armani, Versace are the ones you kind of can't touch...and they're so expensive!!)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2004, 07:42:43 PM »

Imagine if they would have had a kid together. Sheesh. 

Hannah

• A Beginning
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2004, 03:46:14 PM »

Proud Papa Paul (PPP)
Don't walk on grass-smoke it!

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2004, 07:35:43 PM »

I think Stella looks hammered in the pic with Sean.  He looks a bit frightened.  And sort of like Jason Lee

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2004, 07:37:39 PM »

[quote by=Hannah link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1088050450,s=11 date=1089215174]Proud Papa Paul (PPP)
[/quote]

macca seems to be a boob fan just like me, just look at his eyes! ;D