Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: An innocent kiss  (Read 3584 times)

Bobber

An innocent kiss
« on: December 11, 2013, 10:38:10 AM »

Six year old suspended for 'sexual harassment'

CANON CITY, Colo. -
A six year old boy is suspended from school in Canon City for kissing a classmate on the cheek

His mother says it's a crush and the two children like each other. But the school is calling it something else; sexual harassment.

First grader, Hunter Yelton, told us he loves science and phys-ed. Also...that he has a crush on a girl at school, who likes him back.

It may sound innocent enough...but at six years old Hunter now has 'sexual harassment' on his school record.

"It was during class yeah. We were doing reading group and I leaned over and kissed her on the hand. That's what happened," said Hunter Yelton.

Six year old Hunter was at home on Monday instead of at school.

"They sent me to the office, fair and square. I did something wrong and I feel sorry," he said.

"She was fine with it, they are ‘boyfriend and girlfriend’. The other children saw it and went to the music teacher. That was the day I had the meeting with the principal, where she first said 'sexual harassment'. This is taking it to an extreme that doesn't need to be met with a six year old. Now my son is asking questions… what is sex mommy? That should not ever be said, sex. Not in a sentence with a six year old," said Hunters’ mom, Jennifer Saunders.

Both hunter and his mom, Jennifer, admit he's had some trouble at school in the past. Hunter has been suspended for rough-housing, and for kissing the same girl on the cheek.

“We've been working with him with the classroom disruption. He was grounded for awhile. Big restrictions," said Saunders.

Report Bonnie Silkman asks Hunter, “Are you trying to be good at school? Hunter replies, “Yes…I have a lot of energy. I mean six year olds. They have a lot of energy."

The superintendent at School District RE-1, says any school record remains within the district. And Hunters’ actions fit the school policy description of 'sexual harassment'

"How can you do this? How can you say this about my child? Remove sexual harassment, remove it from his record. I'm going to stand up and fight for him because that's not the case, that's not what happened at all,” said Saunders.”

The school district also says Hunters' parents may believe that kissing the girl at school is overall acceptable- but that's where the school disagrees.

They're hoping the suspension changes hunter's behavior.

Hunter is supposed to return to school in Canon City on Tuesday.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
Re: An innocent kiss
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 11:16:38 AM »

and a teacher was fired after found  naked Pictures on the net

KelMar

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 05:37:02 PM »

This is just ridiculous! While they are busy making an example of this little boy I am sure there are a bunch of other kids getting bullied. That's the real issue in schools these days. I would bet that this child is extremely bright and not having his educational needs met. That's often the reason for misbehavior in the classroom. They should pull him out of that school system if at all possible.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 04:51:43 PM »

and the president laughing during the Mandela funeral 5dp

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 06:12:23 AM »

This is just ridiculous! While they are busy making an example of this little boy I am sure there are a bunch of other kids getting bullied. That's the real issue in schools these days. I would bet that this child is extremely bright and not having his educational needs met. That's often the reason for misbehavior in the classroom. They should pull him out of that school system if at all possible.

...and commiting suicide as a result.

Priorites in this country are all screwed up!
I can stay till it's time to go

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 10:46:10 AM »

a peach is a peach
a plum is a plum
a kiss is a kiss
without the slip of a tongue

Page created in 0.252 seconds with 47 queries.