Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: "Love" Cirque du Soleil DVD for June...  (Read 14850 times)

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
Re: "Love" Cirque du Soleil DVD for June...
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2008, 06:44:44 PM »

;D I am loving the bread experiment!  I can only imagine how extremely disgusting that "bread" had gotten!

:D Las Vegas is the Rush Limbaugh of cities  ;D

You guys are too funny!

Hey, to save water they can go ahead and relocate Vegas if they want, no problem!  Funny thing is Harihead, I should be more concerned with California's water myself.  My mother works for Ca Dept of Water Resources!  

And I love that Vegas has a drive-thru wedding chapel, if i ever get married while in vegas, I want it to be in a drive thru wedding chapel ;D  ;D

Oh, yea and the Love rocks!
<br />

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2008, 04:41:04 AM »

Quote from: 1204
And I love that Vegas has a drive-thru wedding chapel, if i ever get married while in vegas, I want it to be in a drive thru wedding chapel

Cheers, Heather: I hope it was obvious from the git-go that I was just doing shtick. The Vegas strip isn't my kind of place, but of course there was no thought given to pleasing me when it was built and that's exactly the way it should be.  ;D

Actually, I made that bit about drive-thru weddings up mostly because I was hungry at the time and drive thrus are the first (and usually only) thing I think of. But it turns out drive thru wedding chapels really do exist:

http://www.chapelsoflasvegas.com/drivethruweddings.htm

Don't know about the Elvis angle, though.

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2008, 09:51:20 PM »

Yup they do exist!  I think they even have one in Reno too  ;D

And, everyone is entitled to their opinions.  I don't dislike someone who doesn't share mine.  In fact, I think it's great that people care enough to have their own  8)
<br />

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2008, 07:33:33 PM »

So the release date in June 24th????  Why is everything music/movies/dvd released on a Tuesday here in the USA???

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2008, 11:58:02 PM »

I know what an odd day to release stuff.  Should be like Friday or something.
<br />

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2008, 02:13:47 AM »

I agree.............or on Sunday when all the week's adds break in the papers.........

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2008, 08:10:03 PM »

Quote from: 551
I'm not faulting anything about Las Vegas, its attractions, or its people. Just its location. It sucks up huge amounts of water and energy that could be far more wisely used than creating a playground in the middle of the desert. We out west live and die by our water. Such extravagant waste seems criminal to me.

Never been to Vegas, afraid of what will happen to me if I go there. I'm strong, and I can resist anything, except temptation usually does me in (apologies to Groucho).

But back to torching Vegas ... it's a tough issue in my mind. It grew up around a spring or creek or something, and was a thriving town/city long before it became a playground. When I think hard about whether the playsters have the right to use those resources, it turns into one of those thin-edge-of-the-wedge kind of things that seem to be one of my failings. OK, let's say it's wrong for the hotels to be there. How about the hotels in Florida, messing up the Everglades and all? Or pretty much all of Manhattan, built on a small island with a fragile ecosystem? Who gets to decide whether the stimulus for development (and its inevitable resource destruction) is bad (gambling, organized crime, Celine Dion, etc.), or OK? The answer to me is obvious (I should be the one!), but I suppose others may disagree for one reason or another.

It's kind of like my mom's condo area in Rockland Co., NY, about 20 miles north of NYC. When she bought it 20 years ago, there were about 50 units stuck in the middle of what seemed like the primeval forest that went on forever. Now, you can't see a single tree for all the newer condo units that have been built around hers. She has complained about how wrong it was to build up the new units, nature is being destroyed and all. But implicit in all that of course is that it was OK to build her unit ...

I don't know, it's hard for me to figure these things out. Maybe the best thing is to just be smart about the choices we have yet to make. That's hard enough for me!!

Does anyone out there have a good way to figure these sort of things out? Maybe we need a resident board ethicist  :)
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2008, 12:06:47 AM »

In all honesty, I could care less about going to Vegas.  I don't gamble, the shows are expensive, the "good" lodging is expensive...........and they charge you 8 bucks for a cup of coffee room service!!!!  I'm not kidding.  The little widow woman who lives across the street from me went to Vegas earlier this year on a "free comp" with her sister and husband and she said she'll NEVER go back again.  She said Tunica, Mississippi.......here in the states, about 3 hours from me......has better gaming tables and hotels.  
So...........I'd much rather see "Love" on dvd than a live show..........

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2008, 01:35:49 AM »

I don't even want to go into how much money I spent in Vegas... Not including what I gambled away...  :D
But I would do it again in a second  8)
<br />

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2008, 08:14:29 PM »

How about the hotels in Florida, messing up the Everglades and all?
Good questions, Alexis, and ought to be asked by every sensible person. It all comes down to responsible use of the Commons-- those resources we share on Mother Earth. If we do it wrong, we die-- just like the Easter Islanders, the Anasazi, the Maya of Central America and the Greenland Norse. If we're smart, like the Tikopians, New Guineans, and Japanese, we live. (Although Japan cheats in its abuse of fishing commons, it does a great job of managing its island resources.)

People all over America are smart and stupid in how they manage their resources. Out West, I have to say we are largely stupid. Florida has pools of intelligence mixed with sweeping blights of stupidity. Look at where people choose to build their homes. You can't even get insurance in most places because these trophy homes on the beach cost so much to rebuild when the hurricanes come most people can't afford to insure their sensible homes, not being the millionaires who are once again making life miserable for the "have nots". On the other hand, when Florida realized the Everglades were vital to the entire operation of the state's ecosystem, they took steps to protect it.

Everything is a balance. People use resources and will keep on doing so. Rather than kill all humans, or use up all resources, I would like to strike a happy balance. We have historical examples in front of us. We have to have the will to follow them.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2008, 09:43:49 PM »

Well............still off the subject a bit...........I want a lottery in Arkansas sooooo bad!!!!  It's gonna be on the November voting ticket.  But see, I'm in what they call the "Bible Belt" and you got all these Baptists, (sorry if any of you are that), who are totally against gambling and lotteries.  But hey.........then they pack up and go to Tunica and gamble where no one will see them.............And drink a beer in back of their house where no one can see.........not like me, a Catholic, who doesn't really give a s&*t what people think...........

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2008, 12:26:27 AM »

Hey I heard that in the bible belt alot of the states don't sell alcohol on Sundays!!!!  Is this true??!?!?!?!?!?  No Alcohol, no gambling... what would my life be!!!  :P ;)
<br />

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2008, 12:33:27 AM »

Quote from: 1204
Hey I heard that in the bible belt alot of the states don't sell alcohol on Sundays!!!!  Is this true??!?!?!?!?!?  No Alcohol, no gambling... what would my life be!!!  :P ;)

It's not just the bible belt! Out on Long Island you can't buy it on Sunday and you can only get alcohol in a liquor store. I remember the last time I was there we were running around Saturday night before the liquor stores closed so we could have wine with dinner! It was so funny because now I'm used to California where you can go into Ralphs (grocery store) at all hours of the day or night and get whatever you want! It was like going back in time. I love it back there though. Different feel to it because of things like that.

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2008, 02:56:56 AM »

Quote from: 216

It's not just the bible belt! Out on Long Island you can't buy it on Sunday and you can only get alcohol in a liquor store. I remember the last time I was there we were running around Saturday night before the liquor stores closed so we could have wine with dinner! It was so funny because now I'm used to California where you can go into Ralphs (grocery store) at all hours of the day or night and get whatever you want! It was like going back in time. I love it back there though. Different feel to it because of things like that.

My great aunt used to have a house in Mattituck way at the end of the island. Are you out that way? I grew up in Westchester, but live far away now. You can buy likker here on Sunday's, but you have to be wearing your gun on the outside.
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2008, 03:00:23 AM »

Yes! I was in NJ last summer visiting family and I went into a grocery store to buy some beer...walked up and down every dang isle... finally realized that you cannot but alcohol in there!! WTH!!!!  Had to go to a liquor store... Strange!!  I think they did sell alcohol on Sunday though (I could be wrong).

I know what you mean though, it has a different feel, and I like it.  
<br />

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2008, 03:15:18 AM »

SORRY! OFF TOPIC ALERT!

Quote from: 568

My great aunt used to have a house in Mattituck way at the end of the island. Are you out that way? I grew up in Westchester, but live far away now. You can buy likker here on Sunday's, but you have to be wearing your gun on the outside.

I grew up in Lake Ronkonkoma. Right in the middle! (Still Suffolk County) We used to go out to Montauk Point all the time though. Which is way at one of the ends. I love how everything back there is either named after Native American tribes (like all my old schools) or things like: Hicksville or Amityville or Old Beth Page. Our Lake even has a scary legend to go with it! It's got character that place. I miss it!

Now back to our regular scheduled programming...

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2008, 04:42:37 AM »

Cool, east coast girls  8)
<br />

BlueMeanie

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2008, 09:39:21 PM »

Apparently, the DVD has been delayed. You just knew it would happen.

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2008, 12:12:15 AM »

But of course!
<br />

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2008, 01:23:06 AM »

Quote from: 483
Apparently, the DVD has been delayed. You just knew it would happen.

^^^^^^The DVD has been delayed?????  What happened ol' great BlueMeanie???  I was counting the days down to next Tuesday.  Shed some light, dude.............
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Page created in 0.377 seconds with 82 queries.