Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Israel vs The Rest  (Read 23043 times)

blackmath

• A Beginning
Re: Israel vs The Rest
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2009, 02:15:51 PM »

The site is Turkish but the video kinda speaks for itself.
http://www.internethaber.com/news_detail.php?id=173070
WARNING: Do not watch if blood makes you faint.
WARNING: 18+, I suppose.
I gave up watching after 30 seconds. I just couldn't stand it. This is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. The Saw V? Are you kidding me?

I really don't know how someone could have good feeling towards Israel after seeing stuff like this unless of course if you don't have a heart.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2009, 04:32:33 PM »

Looks to me like this is an attack on Islam and its coming from outside and within this faith .
The Wests War on Terror , Israel and Islamicists are slowly destroying this religion , moderate people of all faith and none need to step up to the plate and end this Holy War ?
And learn to live in peace and respect each other .
Only a political solution can end this war ?
There also needs to be an end to all forms of religious fundamentalism , Jaw Jaw not War War .

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2009, 07:14:38 PM »

Like your style D. Spiritualism should replace religion imo.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2009, 09:49:39 PM »

To be honest, I don't think most of us have a deep enough understanding or knowledge of this issue to effectively discuss it. But that's just my opinion.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2009, 10:08:40 PM »

Quote from: 1393

Then it is portrayed like that everywhere, which means it is true.

I was just being very careful with my wording......this place does that to you after a while. lol
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2009, 10:11:18 PM »

Quote from: 15

I was just being very careful with my wording......this place does that to you after a while. lol

It's not like it's a secret. After all, they do call Israel the 52nd state. The UK being the 51st of course.  ;)

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2009, 10:55:50 PM »

Quote from: 216

It's not like it's a secret. After all, they do call Israel the 52nd state. The UK being the 51st of course.  ;)

What concerns the UK, there`s an article called Better Off As 51st State by Larry Elliot published in the Guardian, June 3, 1996, which proves the same idea. Nobody is insisting on it, but as you see, clever people write about it.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2009, 11:21:33 PM »

What concerns the UK, there`s an article called Better Off As 51st State by Larry Elliot published in the Guardian, June 3, 1996, which proves the same idea. Nobody is insisting on it, but as you see, clever people write about it.

It's a joke.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2009, 11:52:33 PM »

It's a joke.

Don`t worry, Sandra, I know it.

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2009, 03:53:45 AM »

Most Americans seem to automatically take the Israeli's side. Is this brainwashing?

Automatically? What information do you have to conclude most Americans' opinions in these issues are automatic, as opposed to well-considered?
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2009, 05:16:43 AM »

Quote from: 568

Automatically? What information do you have to conclude most Americans' opinions in these issues are automatic, as opposed to well-considered?

None. Semantics aside, I have no proof, just my own little observations which are both irrelevant and limited. It was just a thought.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2009, 10:39:39 AM »

Most Americans seem to automatically take the Israeli's side. Is this brainwashing?

Munich, Leon Uris books in the seventies and Speilberg movie after pretty much insured most of us grew up feeling sorry for Isreal.
don't follow leaders

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2009, 11:19:38 PM »

Quote from: 483
How long were you and KE in Israel?
10 years

Quote from: 185
Leon Uris books in the seventies
He writes very good books. And his most famous book "Exodus" gives a very good background to the conflict. I hear the movie was not very good though.

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2009, 03:02:37 AM »

None. Semantics aside, I have no proof, just my own little observations which are both irrelevant and limited. It was just a thought.

Sorry, Sandra, I think I came across brusquely. I was tired, and didn't express my feelings well ...

Thanks - Alexis
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2009, 06:52:03 PM »

Quote from: 596
10 years

He writes very good books. And his most famous book "Exodus" gives a very good background to the conflict. I hear the movie was not very good though.

True, cracking good reads but really nothing more than propoganda. It does nothing more than back Israel's case.
don't follow leaders

Swine

• A Beginning
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2009, 10:09:15 AM »

Then it is portrayed like that everywhere, which means it is true.

that is a debatable statement miss jane
[size=18]LIFE IS GETTING WORSE[/size]

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2009, 08:00:12 PM »

Quote from: 1789

that is a debatable statement miss jane

that is a nice statement swine, so here you go: debate it

J_Moondog

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2009, 05:32:44 AM »

I think it is crucial when discussing Israel's "right to exist" that it is understood what is meant by that when the question is asked.  First of all, the "right to exist" is not a legitimate term in international law.  In other words, no state demands the right to exist and no state's existence is recognized under international law.  In terms of peace proposals, Palestine has always been in favor of a settlement that would guarantee the existence of the state of Israel in exchange for mutual recognition - a proposal that is supported by practically every country in the world and historically rejected by the United States and Israel.  If one looks back at the diplomatic history, they will find that Israel shifted their position when the PLO and the Arab states supported the two-state settlement solution and that shift was characterized by the "right to exist", which meant that Palestinians would not only have to support a solution that would grant Israel statehood (since they already supported that) but, rather, have to acknowledge the legitimacy of the state that dispossessed them from the land.  I'm not sure who would support that, nor is there any reason to argue that Israel should be above the standards of international law.

Swine

• A Beginning
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2009, 08:00:09 AM »

that is a nice statement swine, so here you go: debate it

its reported everywhere that all russians like vodka and that most of them are alcoholics, so it must be true.

Swine

• A Beginning
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2009, 08:00:35 AM »

Quote from: 1832
I think it is crucial when discussing Israel's "right to exist" that it is understood what is meant by that when the question is asked.  First of all, the "right to exist" is not a legitimate term in international law.  In other words, no state demands the right to exist and no state's existence is recognized under international law.  In terms of peace proposals, Palestine has always been in favor of a settlement that would guarantee the existence of the state of Israel in exchange for mutual recognition - a proposal that is supported by practically every country in the world and historically rejected by the United States and Israel.  If one looks back at the diplomatic history, they will find that Israel shifted their position when the PLO and the Arab states supported the two-state settlement solution and that shift was characterized by the "right to exist", which meant that Palestinians would not only have to support a solution that would grant Israel statehood (since they already supported that) but, rather, have to acknowledge the legitimacy of the state that dispossessed them from the land.  I'm not sure who would support that, nor is there any reason to argue that Israel should be above the standards of international law.

wonderful post
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Page created in 0.387 seconds with 89 queries.