Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Paul Abuse  (Read 2781 times)

ringo rules

• Getting Better
Paul Abuse
« on: October 19, 2006, 10:51:28 AM »

Not sure if this topic has been started but I just read on ninemsn news that someone has made claims that Paul physically abused Heather, anyone else read this?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

dr.robert

• A Beginning
Re: Paul Abuse
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 12:11:59 PM »

I saw it on the news last night and they had it on the Today show news this morning. That sure doesn't sound like the Paul I've watched and read about for so many years. Sounds like it's a bunch of sh*t to me. Of course, if Heather wants an even bigger chunk of his money, what better way?

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 12:21:41 PM »

I spent a lot of time deriding Michael Jackson fans who were certain their man was innocent based on what they knew of him as fans, so I can't now go and say of course Paul's innocent.
I hope he is (of course), and take some solace in that the claims she makes, even if true, are "moment of passion" things, not  premeditated or prolonged abuse. This is a couple who broke up after only a couple of years, with a little baby to boot. Things must have gone very very wrong and they must have had some major blowouts
don't follow leaders

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 12:26:20 PM »

Quote from: 112
Of course, if Heather wants an even bigger chunk of his money, what better way?

Not really. If she wants to force Paul to settle out of court to avoid the embarras sment of further revalations it could have been a good move (presuming she is behind the leaks. She denies it of course.)
But if Paul does take to court, this could really reduce any payout she would recieve by preventing the inclusion of any gagging clause.
don't follow leaders

dr.robert

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 01:10:20 PM »

You're right Kevin. We don't know what goes on in their private lives and behind closed doors. Public figures can show a whole different side of themselves when the camera's turned off and nobody's watching. I can only hope it's not true as I've been a big fan since 1964.

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 04:02:09 PM »

It'd be interesting to review images of anger and violence in Paul's songs (I don't know the recent albums as well as I should), but you can go back to "Helter Skelter" and "Maxwell's Silver Hammer"--both of which mix innocence and violence (HS mainly with the manic performance).  

I think Paul benefited from being around John in that John wrote from his gut (in his best songs) and it forced Paul to go beyond the facile front to explore real emotions (just compare the fluff of "Martha My Dear" to "Let it Be").  

I don't know if Paul kicked or stabbed Heather or wouldn't let use a chamber pot (can't blame him for that!).  But the alleged incidents seem fairly isolated--not a pattern of domestic violence necessary to prove spousal abuse.  

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 04:24:51 PM »

Quote from: 9
I think Paul benefited from being around John in that John wrote from his gut (in his best songs) and it forced Paul to go beyond the facile front to explore real emotions (just compare the fluff of "Martha My Dear" to "Let it Be").  

I cannot agree with that. I was listening to Revolver last night and was impressed by the sheer confidence in Paul's songwriting. So many styles taken on and done so well. Paul has imagination and daring coming out his ears, while John is still knocking out guitar tunes like he always had (and some not very special ones at that).
Paul didn't and never has written "gut" songs. It's not his thing. John benefited from Pauls presence just as Paul did from John. ** It's not all about spilling your guts to the public. It's about fine songwriting as well. Combine the two and you're onto something.
This is not to denigrate John, but Paul was no facile lightweight knocking out "fluff."

** I've deleted a bit here about Johns lack of post '65 #1's. It was so riddled with inaccuracies as to be downright embarrassing.
don't follow leaders

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 04:59:14 PM »

So is this the big news everone's talking about? I kept missing it. I don't think Heather is the most reliable source. That's all I'm saying.

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 11:19:30 PM »

I don't want to believe that Paul abused Heather!  I don't know but I don't believe he'd hurt another human being.  My belief!

ma_tt2

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 02:16:43 AM »

I don't believe it.

Bobber

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 06:51:41 AM »

I wish he had abused her.

Oh, Kevin, All You Need Is Love was a UK #1, wasn't it? And what about Strawberry Fields Forever?  ;D

ma_tt2

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2006, 07:27:11 AM »

Since Ticket To Ride, Help!, Daytripper, All You Need Is Love, The Ballad Of John & Yoko, and Come Together made it to #1. Still not as many as Paul.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 08:09:44 AM »

Quote from: 63
I wish he had abused her.

Oh, Kevin, All You Need Is Love was a UK #1, wasn't it? And what about Strawberry Fields Forever?  ;D

Oops, a bit rash there wasn't I? For some reason in the heat of the moment I thought Ticket To Ride was after Daytripper. Duh. SFF was a number 2 here.I wasn't trying to downplay Johns talent, just elevate Paul's. Excuse me, but I've got some humble pie to eat. Back to Beatles 101 :B
don't follow leaders

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2006, 01:16:15 PM »

I think it's a load of crap.

Heather is a gold-digging slut and she's just crying wolf. Don't say I didn't warn you.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Mendips

• Getting Better
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 06:18:22 PM »

So if he stabbed Heather (aka biatch #1) then why didn't the gold digging whore call the police?
What kind of mother would let her baby be around an abusive man who stabbed her mother?
What a load of crap!
And what's this about Paul not letting the skank buy an ANTIQUE bedpan? I'm really sure Paul never let the trollop have money to buy what she wanted. ::)
 Hey slut, pee BEFORE you retire for the night and you won't have to get up before the morning.
Dumb twit.
It's all a load of crap, I tell ya!
John: You're just a lonely old man from Liverpool.
Grandfather: But I'm clean!
John: Are ya?

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 01:28:21 AM »

Quote from: 185

I cannot agree with that. I was listening to Revolver last night and was impressed by the sheer confidence in Paul's songwriting. So many styles taken on and done so well. Paul has imagination and daring coming out his ears, while John is still knocking out guitar tunes like he always had (and some not very special ones at that).
Paul didn't and never has written "gut" songs. It's not his thing. John benefited from Pauls presence just as Paul did from John. ** It's not all about spilling your guts to the public. It's about fine songwriting as well. Combine the two and you're onto something.
This is not to denigrate John, but Paul was no facile lightweight knocking out "fluff."

** I've deleted a bit here about Johns lack of post '65 #1's. It was so riddled with inaccuracies as to be downright embarrassing.

I think you're right to disagree.  Revolver is a high point for Paul (just as Hard Days Night was for John).  But I think Paul is able to inject some "gut" into "Got to Get You Into My Life" which is more than just a boy-wants-girl song and "Eleanor Rigby" which is almost more John's terrain about alienation ("no one was saved" sounds like a John line).  

I guess what I should have said is that the rocker Paul always had just a touch of menace to him despite the pretty boy looks (from "I'm Down" to "I'm Looking Through You").  I know it's not his style, but I think it would be very therapeutic for him to do a balls-out rockin' album right now.  Knock the doors off the studio like "Helter Skelter."  But I guess he kinda did that with "Driving Rain" and "Run Devil Run."  What do you think?

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 09:20:29 AM »

Quote from: 9

I think you're right to disagree.  Revolver is a high point for Paul (just as Hard Days Night was for John).  But I think Paul is able to inject some "gut" into "Got to Get You Into My Life" which is more than just a boy-wants-girl song and "Eleanor Rigby" which is almost more John's terrain about alienation ("no one was saved" sounds like a John line).  

I guess what I should have said is that the rocker Paul always had just a touch of menace to him despite the pretty boy looks (from "I'm Down" to "I'm Looking Through You").  I know it's not his style, but I think it would be very therapeutic for him to do a balls-out rockin' album right now.  Knock the doors off the studio like "Helter Skelter."  But I guess he kinda did that with "Driving Rain" and "Run Devil Run."  What do you think?

Wow. Good answer. I regret to say I've not heard either of those two songs - I lost interest in Paul's (and others) solo career after Back To The Egg. But yes, I see where you're coming from and agree.
don't follow leaders

Paulsluv

• A Thousand Pages
  • Hold me tight, Paul!
    • My livejournal
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2006, 06:46:46 PM »

I don't believe this for a minute! Paul would never hurt an animal, let alone another human being. I think Heather's projecting onto Paul, but that's just my view on it.
Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.--Lilo and Stitch.
Beatles to battle!--Paul, Yellow Submarine movie
Listen. Do you want to know a secret?
Have you hugged your Paul Today?
Drop me a letter in my mailbox. :D

Wayne L.

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2006, 09:32:47 PM »

I don't believe Paul abused her at all, but it was the other way around & hating his music is just as crazy.  

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2006, 02:19:12 AM »

bang bang pauls silver hammer came down upon her head
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.285 seconds with 82 queries.