Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Paul Super Bowl  (Read 24188 times)

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
Re: Paul Super Bowl
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2005, 12:49:46 AM »

i thought it was awesome
i dont know if na na's were taped or not but it was still a good show

Paul McCartney :)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2005, 01:33:51 AM »

I just watched it again and I'm not getting the Na Na's being taped. I mean EVERYBODY knows this song so it's not unrealistic for everyone to start singing at the exact moment when the Na's come. BTW, I swear everytime I watch him do this song I wanna scream!! I can't understand people getting sick of it!

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2005, 03:17:21 AM »

No dont get me wrong, Hey Jude is my #1 favorite song in the world, I just found it odd that they all concluded perfectly, despite the fact that he cut the Na Naas short of the real version.

Juniors Farm, youll notice my first posts immediately after the show weere, "Best halftime show ever"  "Paul rocked" etc.  I'm not trying to be skeptical, i just noticd after a second viewing something i found odd.  I could be wrong, most people think I am.  It was just a discussion point.

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2005, 03:34:14 AM »

The one thing I did notice is that the drummer doesn't seem to be drumming correctly during Hey Jude. And he's too loud in the other songs. He's no Ringo!!  Oh, and what the hell is Thank You Super Bowl!! Like it's a person or something.

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2005, 03:36:52 AM »

yeah, the drummer was on a different planet. perhaps, he was jsut excited by the fact that he is playing at the half time show at the SUPERBOWL with PAUL MCCARTNEY . My, what I'd do for a chance like that.
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2005, 03:38:46 AM »

I've got an idea for next year.  They have the same stage format, but during the show the ground opens up and rotting corpse of Ronnie Van Zant (wearing his Neil Young t-shirt) staggers to the microphone and leads the audience in an "obviously choreographed" version of "Sweet Home Alabama."  

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2005, 03:38:53 AM »

Quote from: Maccalvr
The one thing I did notice is that the drummer doesn't seem to be drumming correctly during Hey Jude. And he's too loud in the other songs. He's no Ringo!!

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2005, 03:40:20 AM »

Quote from: Herecomesyoursun
anyone else think the "na na na naaas" were obviously tapes?

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2005, 03:43:43 AM »

Quote from: lennonlemon
yeah, the drummer was on a different planet. perhaps, he was jsut excited by the fact that he is playing at the half time show at the SUPERBOWL with PAUL MCCARTNEY . My, what I'd do for a chance like that.

Okay so I wasn't hearing things! It's just that I heard that song so many times the drums were distracting me. Ringo is much more subtle that's for sure.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2005, 03:46:30 AM »

Quote from: Maccalvr

Okay so I wasn't hearing things! It's just that I heard that song so many times the drums were distracting me. Ringo is much more subtle that's for sure.

Oh yea, Ringo did just enough and wasn't a hog.  But you gotta adapt to other drummers, and the guy's power and excitement was welcome for me since it's the Superbowl.

« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2005, 03:53:03 AM »

I love watching Abe drum. I thought he did fine, maybe I'll have to watch the tape again.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2005, 03:54:09 AM »

Yeah the guy was cool. Very into it! It just takes me a while to adjust!! It's sorta like listening to the song on the wrong speed.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2005, 04:58:49 AM »

Abe is freaking incredible. I need to watch it again I guess as I didnt see any mistakes or oddness in his playing. He has been with Paul for about 3 years now so he's no stranger to the song. Here's a quick link to Abe-

http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Abe_Laboriel_jr.html

(notice some of the other bands he's performed with too)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2005, 05:02:32 AM »

It just seemed different from what I'm used to. I'm no drummer though so I don't know. I just think Ringo sounds softer and slower. Different pace? I don't know. Seems like he's adding something. Now I have to go listen to Ringo again. Maybe I'm imagining it.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2005, 06:17:29 AM »

I couldn't access the site for about 24 hrs until now. I would have responded to personal crits of me, but it seems old news now.

But I will say this: I have posted positive stuff, but I'll admit that the superbowl hype has drawn out my "anti-Paul"vibes.

I will also say that I think there aren't many realists on this board. Too much idolatory of Macca. You guys, it is OK to crit him. It is OK to see his faults. Just because he was great once (positive statement there), doesn't mean he's great now.

If it's OK to go over the top (Paul rules, is awesome, he rocks, he is the man, all that juvenile stuff) in praise of him, then I'm sure you'll forgive me my mild crits of him.

« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2005, 06:21:58 AM »

This is the drummer who has been playing with him for the last few years, and garners accolades everywhere he played.

He was dong fills, same as Ringo, except he did his own rather thatn try to copy Ringo note for note.  It was quite good.  He may have been a tad more prominent in the mix than he should have been, but one can't fault his playing.  And I'm sure after a year or two of touring with Paul the Superbowl was just another gig.

« Reply #136 on: February 08, 2005, 06:24:23 AM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn
I couldn't access the site for about 24 hrs until now. I would have responded to personal crits of me, but it seems old news now.

But I will say this: I have posted positive stuff, but I'll admit that the superbowl hype has drawn out my "anti-Paul"vibes.

I will also say that I think there aren't many realists on this board. Too much idolatory of Macca. You guys, it is OK to crit him. It is OK to see his faults. Just because he was great once (positive statement there), doesn't mean he's great now.

If it's OK to go over the top (Paul rules, is awesome, he rocks, he is the man, all that juvenile stuff) in praise of him, then I'm sure you'll forgive me my mild crits of him.

If someone goes overboard on criticism, and one rebuts it, they are then pegged as Macca worshippers.  This happens in all forums, not just this one.

No one said Paul was above criticism.  What is being said is that yours was over the top and not backed up by anything.  Certainly you are entitled to express your opinion, but then so does everyone else.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #137 on: February 08, 2005, 08:41:14 AM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn

Yes, its fine to criticize him (he's old, egotistical, money grubber, media puppy), but all he did was perform a really good 4 song set halftime show at the superbowl. Why are you so negative towards this?

Its almost like Paul lost his appeal to the bashers at a certain date in time. 71', 73', 76'??? Hell, I dont know. If you dont dig his music, quit complaining about it to us that still do enjoy it. Thats all i'm saying. Lennon was a jerk, but i'm not spreading the word if you know what I mean.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #138 on: February 08, 2005, 10:11:43 AM »

Quote from: tkitna

. If you dont dig his music, quit complaining about it to us that still do enjoy it.

Personally, I'd much rather debate on some musical opinion I didn't agree with than blat on about which beatle is the cutist, or if i would make a decent girlfriend for paul.
For me-keep the comments coming-just be able to take the comebacks
don't follow leaders

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #139 on: February 08, 2005, 11:43:30 AM »

Thats my beef though. If I dont like Yanni and you do,,,,,no matter what you say isnt going to change my mind. So wheres the debate?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Page created in 0.299 seconds with 84 queries.