Beatles forums > The Beatles

What did you think of the reissued Beatles catalog back in 1987?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Brynjar:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on December 27, 2013, 11:56:12 PM ---The first album out on CD was Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band on 1 June 1987.  The advertisements read "It was twenty years ago today."

--- End quote ---

Oh, so the cd´s were not released all at once?

I remember when I got into the Beatles.. it was in 1994, I ordered all the cd´s through mail service from the then biggest music retail in Iceland but later regretted it cause I so much wanted the "bread box":

..but of course I was not gonna buy all the albums again to have that box.. but then again.. I wanted that booklet that came with it.  roll:)

ibanez_ax:

Hello Goodbye:
Here's what I bought on 1 June 1987.  I didn't care much for the earbuds that came with the Discman so I bought the SONY MDR-CD5 headphones which I still use frequently today.

Hello Goodbye:
The booklet that came with the CD was pretty good because it showed The Beatles setting up to take the cover shot.  It also had a directory of who was on the cover.

This was 1987 and there was no internet.  We were seeing this for the first time.  It was pretty exciting to see those pictures and learn who on the cover we had difficulty identifying over the past twenty years.

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: Brynjar on December 28, 2013, 01:01:17 AM ---Oh, so the cd´s were not released all at once?

I remember when I got into the Beatles.. it was in 1994, I ordered all the cd´s through mail service from the then biggest music retail in Iceland but later regretted it cause I so much wanted the "bread box":

..but of course I was not gonna buy all the albums again to have that box.. but then again.. I wanted that booklet that came with it.  roll:)

--- End quote ---

Sgt. Pepper's was released first, Brynjar.  They made a big fuss over the "twenty years ago today" thing in the ads leading up to the release.  Stores sold out of the CDs quickly that day.

I remember when the "bread box" became available.  By then, I had all the CDs so I didn't bother with it.  But I'm curious about what was in the booklet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version