Beatles forums > Song Of The Week Series

Song Of The Week - The Word

<< < (4/5) > >>

tkitna:
I like that version from the 13th Elevators.

nimrod:
me too

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:

--- Quote from: In My Life on December 15, 2012, 02:42:26 AM ---Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 1 Corinthians 13:8

--- End quote ---

The whole chapter 1 Corinthians 13 is a beautiful description of what Love is.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." (1 Corinthians 13:4-7)

KelMar:

--- Quote from: Hombre_de_ningun_lugar on December 15, 2012, 03:33:50 PM ---The whole chapter 1 Corinthians 13 is a beautiful description of what Love is.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." (1 Corinthians 13:4-7)

--- End quote ---

I think this is one of the most important passages in the Bible.

DizzymissLizzy909:
This is a great song, and very underappreciated I feel. Musically maybe not brilliant like some of their other work, it's a relatively simple melody but definitely catchy. I just love the lyrics though... straight to the point. They're not just singing about loving a girl, they're just talking about love in general... a good introduction to peace and love of the 60's :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version