Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatles Day: Pick a date for it! Too many, already  (Read 2253 times)

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
Beatles Day: Pick a date for it! Too many, already
« on: June 22, 2011, 02:33:47 AM »

Beatles Day: Pick a date for it! Too many, already

I thought July 10 was Beatles Day?! Septermber 9 was declared National Beatles Day in 2009. Why do we have so many? Why is there another one? It's getting confusing and crowded with all these Beatles Days. We need to have just one Beatles Day. What's the purpose of this one? I see it's the anniversary of the "All You Need Is Love" broadcast.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=223970750960386

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: Beatles Day: Pick a date for it! Too many, already
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 04:22:39 PM »

Every day is Beatles day if you ask me! But yeah, I see your point.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Bobber

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 08:02:47 PM »

Why should we need a Beatles Day anyway?

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 01:40:32 AM »

Some people have answered me the same way that you have, Mairi. Yea, I get that with the "everyday is Beatles Day". Yadda, yadda, yadda. I look it that way on Sunday mornings when I listen to BWTB, when I go Beatlefest, and when I go to a Macca/Ringo concert. The answer I seek is a specific one with a set yearly date. Global Beatles Day. National Beatles Day. Beatles Day. We need one universal Beatles Day and not a handful of rogue Beatles days. It's going to get confusing.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 02:19:54 AM »

Well, the thing is that there are many significant dates in the Beatles' history, so it's hard to say which one best represents the Beatles. I'd say that might have something to do with it.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 03:19:02 PM »

Some folks tell me, "Everyday is Beatles Day." Yea, I get that if that is what you subscribe to. For me, that mentality is like that for me on Beatlefest weekend, going to a Paul or Ringo concert, and on Sunday mornings when I listen to Breakfast With The Beatles. If there is to be one official universal Beatles Day, it either should be established by the survivng Beatles, their widows, and the fans. Not a handful of rogue Beatles days set up by individual fans, themselves.

Also, why not have an internet vote with a multiple choice of dates on all the Beatles forums, the Beatles official website, the Beatles and solo-Beatles' Facebook and Twitter pages, at the Beatlefests in Chicago and New Jersey, in Liverpool at The International Beatles Week, and at Abbey Road On The River in Louisville, KY. and in Washington D.C.. I'm not sure how long the voting period would last, but after it ends, they would be counted. The date with the most votes and is agreed and decided by Paul, Ringo, Yoko, and Olivia and the fans, that that day would be deemed as International/Universal Beatles Day! Though I do like the dates of July 10 and September 9.

What do you think of the concept of having one International Beatles Day? What date or dates would you throw in for it if there were ever to be an official vote for one? Should the fans decide it, the surviving Beatles and their widows, or both?

Page created in 0.332 seconds with 47 queries.