Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What if it had been Paul?  (Read 9144 times)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
Re: What if it had been Paul?
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2004, 07:16:08 PM »

I think that if Paul was shot instead of John, Paul would be the most popular Beatle right now. Cause when you say 'Paul McCartney', most people think of a 60+ guy that plays golden oldies shows and writes vegetarian cookbooks, and if you say 'John Lennon', most people think of this almost mythical legend that remains young forever.

That's just one of the positive sides of dying young. People remember you differently. James Dean is remembered as one of the most attractive men of all times, Marlon Brando as an old fat guy. Same with Marilyn Monroe and Brigitte Bardot. And imagine if Elvis would have died ten years earlier...

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2004, 12:07:12 PM »

[quote by=Biscuit_Power link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1086662658,s=25 date=1090178168]IThat's just one of the positive sides of dying young. People remember you differently. James Dean is remembered as one of the most attractive men of all times, Marlon Brando as an old fat guy. Same with Marilyn Monroe and Brigitte Bardot. And imagine if Elvis would have died ten years earlier...[/quote]

You've got a point there BP. Debbie Harry did a song with Blondie called Die Young, Stay Pretty which sums up your sentiment - and look at HER now!

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2004, 04:30:38 PM »

The only thing I think could have happened had it been Paul is that he would have taken all the honours. Paul was the soul of the group, the leader, ther eal master behind the songs, the genius who composed yesterday... We all know how dead people become saints...
JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2004, 02:50:23 AM »

I think if it would have been paul if someone said the beatles they would think paul mccartney instead of john lennon, i guess john lennon is more popular because he got shot.  if it wouldve been paul it wouldve been worse, and john would take it a different way then what paul did, i cant see how you think you blame paul for saying the drag quote. he was feeling sad and mad all at the same time and did not want to deal with reporters, i wouldve done the same thing.

Paul McCartney :)

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2004, 06:03:52 PM »

I disagree. To say that it is much better not to say anything and avoid questions...
JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2004, 08:59:05 PM »

But the whole thing about John is that he was all for "peace" and was very political. In addition to losing a great musician, the irony of his murder was that he campaigned against violence and all of that. If any of the other Beatles had been shot instead, it would have been just as tragic, but the whole "stigma" of John's death was who he was, and his personality. Just like a Martin Luther King or a JFK. No offense to Paul, but he didn't have that aura or that sense of being controversial. 

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2004, 09:47:30 PM »

Gandhi (I'm sorry I misspelled it... I got home from Marching Band and am exhausted), Malcolm X, John Lennon, JFK, Martin Luther King, Jesus... all advocators of peace.  All murdered.

Why the hell?!?!

sexy sadie

• Getting Better
  • once there was a way to get back home...
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2004, 01:28:40 AM »

it would have been weird if it was paul, because of the whole "paul is dead" rumors years earlier. once he dies, it finally will be true...i agree on the whole reacting differently to his death thing. even though paul & john did argue before he died, paul probably feels deeply saddned and he'll always have the feeling of losing his best friend. :'(
Ashley*

one sweet dream, pick up the bags and get in the limousine. soon we'll be away from here. step on the gas and wipe that tear away. one sweet dream came true today...

[img]http://img122.exs.cx/img122/8264/jsj21oc.jpg[/img

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2004, 11:16:31 PM »

I thought George and ringo were more close to John after they broke up.....not Paul.....

strawb3rryfi3ldsfor3ver

• Getting Better
  • What filthy ways are these?
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2004, 01:26:51 AM »

...it'd still be really sad. I don't think that Paul's "death" would've had the same exact impact, but it would've been just as awful and devistating.

And about Paul's whole..."It's a drag." comment, you'd think -- John Lennon, his friend, once-long-time writing partner, they were like brothers -- he'd rather just let it lay, and not have the press twisting it up in some long definitive "John Lennon 1940-1980" article, right? Instead of saying loads of things...we know he loved John, and obviously it would've hurt him a lot. It's hard to just go back and think about these things.

...that was my ripped-off corner of a dollar in -- not enough of anything interesting to be two cents.
[face=Courier]Things they do look awful c-c-cold... yeah, I hope I die before I get old.[/face]

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2004, 05:38:16 PM »

Had it been Paul, he would be the "cool" Beatle. John is kind of immortal right now and never really got to the point where he was considered old. People can still wonder "what if?" about John.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Because

• A Beginning
  • asian girls are hot
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2005, 06:49:18 AM »

this is an interesting topic to pose, but in actuality, why would it ever be paul? look at who john was, what he did. he was much more than a musician, he was an icon. ringo had more of a chance of getting shot than paul. but anyway, i digress. everyone grieves in their own way, paul's way is a more private one so it appears.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2005, 09:55:33 PM »

How do you figure Ringo could have been shot more easily than Paul?
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.362 seconds with 72 queries.