Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Best Avant Garde Release  (Read 3163 times)

Rowdy

• Getting Better
Best Avant Garde Release
« on: July 10, 2004, 08:24:23 AM »

Two Virgins was kind of interesting in parts.....reminded me of some weird Pink Floyd stuff from their early days....a lot of it was painful to the ears though, especially after long periods of time.....the second release was slightly more interesting, but still not all that great......I kind of like The Wedding Album though.....the "John...Yoko...John...Yoko" track really sounds lovely....and scary at times.....there's like that noise in the background of sorts that makes it sound so ominous. Yoko singing about peace with John whispering it in the background was kind of catchy....and it's cool to hear them talk about the bed ins afterwards....and I liked Yoko's bonus tracks on the cd release........so yeah, Wedding Album, hands down.....most fun to listen to/best packaging/best bonus tracks.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
Re: Best Avant Garde Release
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 11:22:53 PM »

I have all the Rykodisc re-issues of John and Yoko's 'avante garde' albums, but I have to admit I haven't actually listed to them much! The only one I have played more than once IS the Wedding Album - it was a while ago though! I bought Wedding on vinyl a good few years back and it really is a great package! I seem to recall side two of the album is made up of interviews at their bed-in at the Amsterdam Hilton... I might be wrong though, as I said, I haven't listened to this for YEARS! ;D

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 38 queries.