Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Zoom Meetings  (Read 861 times)

KelMar

Zoom Meetings
« on: March 31, 2020, 05:27:54 PM »

I don’t know if any of you are using Zoom, but apparently there’s been a lot of hacking going on. I was just attending a workshop and it got bombed. The images were gross enough but the really scary part was when the guy started talking and calling people by name. I’m really p*ssed. Learning how to archive old scrapbooks was going to be the highlight of my day!

Beware Zoom Users: Here’s How People Can ‘Zoom-Bomb’ Your Chat
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Zoom Meetings
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 06:54:57 PM »

I'm so dumb, I dont even know what Zoom is.  When at work, we have meetings on Skype, Circuit, and Microsoft Teams.  Why they cant just choose one to use is beyond me.

Shame people are so crappy they feel the need to hack others.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 10:04:22 PM »

I'm so dumb, I dont even know what Zoom is.

The only Zoom I know of was an early 70s PBS show for preteens who were too old for Sesame Street...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7gzHLKT5g4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7gzHLKT5g4</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiA4j4RiKBA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiA4j4RiKBA</a>

It was a simpler time.
I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 01:09:15 AM »

You and me both, Todd.  ha2ha  Luckily most people in publishing are introverts, and even Skype and FaceTime are avoided, so all I've had to master is email.

The only Zoom I know of was an early 70s PBS show for preteens who were too old for Sesame Street...

Fond memories!  :)

KelMar

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 03:37:48 AM »

You’re not dumb, Todd. I didn't know, either.

The first time I heard of it was when some mom was complaining on Facebook about parents having to teach their kids at home right now. She said “Well, sure; you have zoom but....”. And I thought “Zoom? Fun!” I loved that show and still do!

Luckily most people in publishing are introverts, and even Skype and FaceTime are avoided, so all I've had to master is email.

This was supposed to be a series of workshops presented by an archivist from Long Island. I saw the email about them about 15 minutes before the first one last week. I was nervous about participating and almost didn’t but thankfully they want everyone to turn off their audio and video! Last week a few people came late and had their cameras on. That’s what I thought was happening today.  roll:)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 03:30:18 PM »

You’re not dumb, Todd. I didn't know, either.

Todd, I just re-read my original post. I didn't mean to "agree" that you were dumb. Not at all. I hope you didn't take it that way. I just meant I had never heard of Zoom, either.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apropos of that, I was distraught yesterday because my desktop PC had apparently experienced a catastrophic electrical failure and needed to be replaced. I spent a long time waiting to speak to The Geek Squad and then Hewlett Packard. This was the worst timing, given that my at-home work is my only source of income now.

Turns out I had been pressing the WRONG BUTTON on the monitor and that in fact all is fine. I'm not used to these all-in-one setups.

I've never been so happy to feel stupid.  ha2ha

KelMar

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 04:21:00 PM »

^^^
Oh, Kathy; I am SO glad your computer issue had an easy solution! I’ll have to tell you what I did when I first got an iPhone. I went at least a day wondering what was wrong with the volume. I could barely hear it. I was just short of calling tech support when I took one more look online. I discovered I’d neglected to remove the plastic film that was covering the front of the phone. Worked great after that! ;D

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2020, 11:37:26 PM »

That's funny, Kelley! I could totally see me in that situation.  :)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2020, 11:40:02 PM »

Until your post, Kelley, I had never heard of Zoom. Now it seems to be popping up everywhere. I noted an article on Fox News about the service's vulnerability to hacking. My older daughter's boyfriend has been teaching online, and a bunch of stir-crazy 13-year-olds kept crashing the meeting. (Enforced isolation and 13-year-olds: What an awful combination, LOL.)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 10:23:44 AM »

Todd, I just re-read my original post. I didn't mean to "agree" that you were dumb. Not at all. I hope you didn't take it that way. I just meant I had never heard of Zoom, either.

Thought never even crossed my mind Kath until you mentioned it.  No worries.   icon_good

Page created in 0.725 seconds with 57 queries.