Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: When did you first see Let It Be?  (Read 3732 times)

Wayne L.

When did you first see Let It Be?
« on: May 27, 2004, 10:55:05 PM »

Re: When did you first see Let It Be?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 10:56:05 PM »

1970.  Depressing as hell.  It was clear the group was dead and not coming back.

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 01:27:46 PM »

JohnLennon

• One And One Is Two
  • lennon 817
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 09:25:28 PM »

DAVID PEEL IS REAL

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 10:31:40 PM »

Still haven't seen it...waiting for the eventual DVD release...

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

Stratford

• A Beginning
  • Young and unlearned
    • Lair of tilly
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 05:27:10 PM »

Last year. I downloaded it from Kazaa, watched the first ten minutes, and then deleted it. I dunno, it was just too depressing. I was afraid it would spoil my image of the band.

I eventually downloaded it again and watched it all through. It was just as depressing as I had first though, though it didn't harm my image of the band too much - I've never been too fond of the LIB period anyway.

It isn't just that the documentary's about something so sad as the breakup, but it's so poorly made as well. No real grasp of things or anything. And to top it all, the version I watched had out-of-synch sound ;)

It has it's few moments, but I don't plan to buy it for meself anytime soon...
You can have my love, you can have my smiles. Forget the bad parts, you don't need them. Just take the music, the goodness, because it's the very best, and it's the part I give most willingly.
George Harrison[/righ

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 03:21:04 AM »

i am downloading two outtakes files from let it be about 90 minutes and 60 minutes.common wealth,house of the rising sun,you win again and more

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2004, 04:23:22 AM »

Just a few months ago! I loved it. I didn't find it depressing. I loved John and Paul messing around singing Two of Us and taking about the their trip to India. The arguing parts were funny. It's interesting to see them act like normal human beings. Anyone who's together that much bickers. I don't think that's what led to the break up. The whole rooftop concert was cool, and the jamming stuff with Billy Preston was fun to watch. They did do a whole other album after this, so it wasn't the real end. Anyway, I just wasn't depressed by it. What depresses me is the last two videos in the Anthology series. They all start talking about how it fell apart and so on. It's hard to watch.

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2004, 07:57:18 AM »

I want to $#%$%$ kill my computer. I had it on for well over six hours downloading the Let It Be film. Then, when it gets within a half hour of finishing, my computer gets the blue screen of death. I come back to KazaA and the file is nowhere to be found.....and a search on my computer doesn't have it turn up either.....I'm not sure which I hate more, Kazaa's messed up ways and how it has often deleted nearly finished files, or the fact that my computer just doesn't want to work.....ticks me off.

EDIT: Just watched the film a few hours ago......not really sure what to make of it....just lots of sloppy demoish stuff....and then we get the glorious rooftop performance...nothing all that great, I actually liked Help! better....

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

Pepper

• One And One Is Two
  • We ask the question and the answer's "yes"...
    • Lucy Pepper Page
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 07:53:40 PM »

2003 in january
I was too curious to stop the video... I think it is a kind of depressing but I love the rooftop concert at the end. I've Got A Feeling rocks more than if you just here it if you see the Beatles on TV! :)
[face=Book Antiqua]"And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make..."[/face]

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2004, 01:17:49 AM »

I'm waiting for the official release.
I have the Apple rooftop concert though