Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatles Album Ranking  (Read 2229 times)

The_Taxman

• One And One Is Two
Beatles Album Ranking
« on: December 12, 2010, 02:00:31 AM »

Recently I decided to re-listen to all of my Beatles albums and rank how much I like each track out of 10, to determine my ranking of their albums.

I listened to all of the studio albums (for Yellow Submarine I only listened to side 1) and both past masters.

Here is the result:

1.Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (98%)
2.Revolver (96%)
3.Rubber Soul (93.57%)
4.Magical Mystery Tour (93.18%)
5.Abbey Road (92%)
6.Help! (91%)
7.A Hard Day's Night (90%)
8.Let It Be (88%)
9.The Beatles (87%)
10.Yellow Submarine (86%)
11.Past Masters Vol. 2 (85%)
12.Beatles For Sale (83%)
13.With The Beatles (80%)
14.Past Masters, Vol. 1 (79%)
15.Please Please Me (76%)

nimrod

Re: Beatles Album Ranking
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 03:21:23 AM »

I rate them all between 90 & 100%
I dont regard MMT or Yellow Sumarine as Beatles albums. MMT was a double EP in the UK, they made it an LP by sticking a few bits and bats on it.

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star.
Re: Beatles Album Ranking
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 05:37:11 PM »

5.Abbey Road (92%)

Well, this is the thing about Abbey Road. If you rank how much you like each track out of 10, probably songs like "Carry That Weight" will get a 7 or 8 because they are not that great as  single songs. But "Carry That Weight"  along with "Golden Slumbers" and "The End" ==> the magic of "Abbey Road". And if you ask me, it's way better that "Magical Mystery Tour" (considering it an album, which is not). But even if it was a real album, Abbey Road would outclass MMT any day in my opinion.
I like "Revolver" mainly for Paul's songs. But to me there are too many downers on it, I'm tired of "Yellow Submarine" and I hate when people know The Beatles for this freakin song.... "Love You To" is boring to me just like the other George sitar tunes, "She Said She Said" is weird, I don't know, but I hate the lyrics... "Good Day Sunshine" is fine, but it can be annoying at times.
But don't get me wrong, it's still my third or fourth favourite Beatle album, I'm just saying that I am surprised that I don't like 3 or 4 songs on it, thing that will never happend with Abbey Road or Sgt. Peppers, in which I love every single song.
I like "Rubber Soul" too, the only thing that annoys me a little is "What Goes On"
I also like "Please Please Me" which contains one of the best Beatles covered songs : "Twist and Shout", "Baby It's You" and "Anna" ...man, I love those 3 songs.
"Beatles For Sale" is bad only for the songs that the Beatles covered. The original songs are great in my opinon (espacially "I Don't Want To Spoil The Party").
My least favourite is "With The Beatles" because of some bad covers and mainly because it's  weeker than the others (it's not a bad album though).
http://tangledupinmusic.wordpress.com - yet another music blog

Page created in 0.402 seconds with 41 queries.