Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A Comment On Let It Be  (Read 5766 times)

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
A Comment On Let It Be
« on: November 03, 2005, 02:55:52 PM »

We all know that Abbey Road was The Beatles' last album, but I'd like to suggest that, in a sense, Let It Be WAS indeed their last album. The last time the 'Threetles' got together was in early 1970, as we all know.

According to this very website:

Jan 03
Saturday
All You Need Is LOVE!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
Re: A Comment On Let It Be
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 09:28:50 PM »

A neat idea, but i'd have preferred the Get Back album in 69 and Abbey Road spring 70 with The End as the official last fab track.
I'd also prefer no single released from Abbey Road so the last single would have beeen Let It Be.Or maybe Winding Road over Xmas 69.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 11:57:19 PM »

yeah......the long and winding road was their eulogy......

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 10:03:56 AM »

I wondered if anyone would agree that it makes sense. Let It Be tracks were also mixed in 1970. I think Zipp's nostalgia about Abbey Road as the last album are also true. The End at least is the last track on Anthology, with the clever back-to-back final piano chord from A Day In The Life gracing it. I wonder who thought of that idea. Every time I hear it, I think of Sir George.
All You Need Is LOVE!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 01:01:19 AM »

Lets just let it go with Abbey Road. At least then they can go out on a high note.

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 03:11:06 AM »

There was a New York radio station that previewd "Abby Road" and it had some of "Paul's " solo work on it from his McCartney lp? I believe he was going to put a couple of his songs on it and then withdrew them?

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 03:19:57 AM »

The 'Get Back' sessions and perceived project were in the can before 'Abbey Road'. Granted, 'I Me Mine' was finished by the Threetles after, but the undertaking of mixing, etc. for 'Get Back/Let It Be' was done.

ma_tt2

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 04:10:40 AM »

I'm starting to think Let It Be was the weakest album they put out, I still like it though. They should of released it ahead of Abbey Road though

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 04:50:30 PM »

Yes, it should have been released ahead of Abbey Road - to make the situation clearer. You know, Beatles history. But, it seems, eventually, copyrights will run out (as far as I know, music copyrights last 50 years), and then anyone will be able to put Beatles music on the market! Then, we'll just get all kinds of compilations - like those illegal CD comps in the far east. From then onwards, people will see the Beatles music in terms of SONGS rather than albums. I myself would actually see that as an altogether better situation when it finally happens.  
All You Need Is LOVE!

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 12:45:33 AM »

I wouldn't change anything. The albums were done at the right times for the right reasons. It's their history and I'll never understand why people want to change it. Is it flawed? Yes. Was it an imperfect, magical, dynamic parcel of time and history? Absolutely. And, in a global, universal, 5 billion year sense, what they accomplished during their 8 year recording career is nothing less than remarkable, and that includes their 'weak' material.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 08:07:04 AM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm
I wouldn't change anything. The albums were done at the right times for the right reasons. It's their history and I'll never understand why people want to change it. Is it flawed? Yes. Was it an imperfect, magical, dynamic parcel of time and history? Absolutely. And, in a global, universal, 5 billion year sense, what they accomplished during their 8 year recording career is nothing less than remarkable, and that includes their 'weak' material.

Bang on. If everything were perfect it would be so boring.  
don't follow leaders

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 11:26:55 AM »

I'm just saying that eventually people won't be interested in seeing The Beatles in terms of albums, but in terms of songs. Because their songs will be available in any combination, to buy on CD, or download from the net. That's all.
All You Need Is LOVE!

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005, 01:15:05 PM »

Quote from: GreenApple
I'm just saying that eventually people won't be interested in seeing The Beatles in terms of albums, but in terms of songs. Because their songs will be available in any combination, to buy on CD, or download from the net. That's all.

Well you can do that already, can't you?

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2005, 12:35:20 AM »

Quote from: GreenApple
We all know that Abbey Road was The Beatles' last album, but I'd like to suggest that, in a sense, Let It Be WAS indeed their last album. The last time the 'Threetles' got together was in early 1970, as we all know.

According to this very website:

Jan 03
Saturday

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2005, 12:54:56 AM »

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2005, 06:06:40 PM »

Quote from: zipp
... and Abbey Road spring 70 with The End as the official last fab track.

I prefer John's quote:"I'd like to say thanks on behalf of the group - and I hope we passed the audition." and the laughs as the last thing of their last (released) album.
If you think about it, it sums up lots of things: their last performance, their sense of humour, their early years searching for a company, their status as the biggest band, their (first) leader,... lots of things.

Wayne L.

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2005, 08:04:35 PM »

Let It Be is a great classic rock album by the Beatles even though it's not a masterpiece like Abbey Road.  It will never get the respect it deserves from fans after over 30 years because of the breakup but the music is solid despite the tension. I heard the original Get Back bootleg album almost 18 years ago & it should have been released before AR.  LIB has some great tracks on it that define the Beatles as a great legendary 60's rock band just as much as Rubber Soul & Sgt. Pepper.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2005, 08:55:02 PM »

Quote from: Wayne_L.
Let It Be is a great classic rock album by the Beatles ... [...] ...

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2005, 11:20:57 PM »

I love Let It Be. I just do. I think the fact that Paul is throwing out his VERY BEST SONGS OF THE MOMENT while John is throwing in a bunch of second-rate heroin garbage that actually is pretty good and George is being totally ignored creates, well, an interesting dynamic. I love "Two Of Us," I love "I've Got A Feeling," I love the title track, "Get Back," I love "Don't Let Me Down" -- whoops, that's on "Naked!" -- I just kinda love the album's vibe in general.

I know its an unpopular opinoin but there it is.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2005, 11:28:17 PM »

I love "Two Of Us", "Dig A Pony", "I Me Mine", "Let It Be" and "Get Back".

I like "Across The Universe", "I've Got A Feeling", "One After 909" and "The Long and Winding Road".

Can't stand "Dig It", "Maggie Mae" and "For You Blue".
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.322 seconds with 77 queries.