Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Songs where one Beatle namechecks another  (Read 1600 times)

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
Songs where one Beatle namechecks another
« on: November 06, 2014, 11:05:40 PM »

I don't know whether this would be better placed in the games section but I'm sure a moderator will move it if appropriate.

I was thinking of songs, either by The Beatles or after their disbandment where a Beatle/ex-Beatle names one or more of the other fabs/ex-fabs in song. I don't mean songs about another Beatle ("Here Today", "All Those Years Ago", "How Do You Sleep?", "Never Without You" etc) but one where they clearly name each other....

There are plenty of examples ("Glass Onion", "Living In The Material World", "God", "Liverpool 8" etc etc) and even those instances where one Beatle actually addresses another Beatle directly ("For You Blue", "Honey Don't") - how many examples can you think of?

But here's the thing... I can't (off the top of my head) think of any where Paul, the most prolific Beatle, actually names any of the others! Am I missing something obvious? There must be such a song somewhere in McCartney's mighty canon of compositions.... surely?  :-\

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Songs where one Beatle namechecks another
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 01:00:49 AM »

Hmmm.  Good question.  I always thought 'Brother John' mentioned in the song "Let Em In" was in fact Mr. Lennon, but that seems to be argued that it was Paul's brother-in-law John Eastman.  I don't think Paul has ever said for sure, but I could be mistaken.

I'll have to think about this for a awhile.

Page created in 0.276 seconds with 40 queries.