Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Ram On  (Read 963 times)

Ram On
« on: May 26, 2007, 06:20:05 PM »

Thought i would let you know why im a big fan of Paul & Linda's Ram Album.
The album was given to me by a school mate who thought it was a load of rubbish, i had just got to the point were i could buy records i had T.rex's The Slider and Bowie's Ziggy Stardust .
I had listened to The Beatles as mums younger brother was a big fan but was a little young to really appriciate them at the time.
It was Ram that got me hooked and i moved backwards buying Beatles albums.
Then Wings albums when they came out.
So what was given to me as a load of rubbish , I quickly fell in love with , it only took a couple of plays to realise it was the work of a genius .
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey was the song that got me first i loved how it changed tempo it  was great to sing along to as an 11 year old .
I Just kept playing the album over and over again and loving it more and more and now  36 years on im still playing it sometimes 2 or 3 times a day .
Just love everything about it and im really glad my friend Colin gave me this load of rubbish as it's one of my music treasures i just could'nt be without it , it's going in the box with me at the end lol

DaveRam  :)
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Ram On
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 09:28:04 PM »

It's a genius album beyond words, the music is so beautiful!
i must admit though that when i first listened to it i thought it was a messy
album but i gave it listen after listen & realized how wrong i was.
I think as years as gone on it is now regarded as a Macca masterpiece  :)
and i can't argue with that!It makes me cry, laugh & feel great! ;)
RAM ON

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 10:46:42 PM »

Agree with you Andy it is a real masterpiece like painting with music , it's always felt like their was a lot of love and fun put into it by Paul and Linda .
I always think Paul is at his best when he does'nt try so hard just let his talent flow .
It never fails to deliver as an album for me .
And i know what you mean about it's messyness but i think thats it's real strength .
It just seems so effortless .
 Just glad i was given it and i got it's magical charm straight away .
I often think my friend Colin most have had cloth ears not to hear it's bueaty ," A load of Rubbish " i think not , but then he was a Status Quo fan lol

DaveRam :)

Rook

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 01:58:52 AM »

Ram is a classic, and I like the fact that it's kind of a best kept secret in music. The first time I heard this album was in the early 80's and even as a young Beatlemaniac, I pretty much dismissed it. But something always drew me back to it...when the 90's rolled around, I was able to hear it with some...enhancements hehehe and I've loved it ever since. You're absolutely right, Dave, you can hear the atmosphere of those sessions come through in the tunes. Great Album!   8)

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 02:31:22 AM »

I love this album so much. All the songs are really special.
My favorite moments are the end of The back seat of my car, the intro in Dear Boy and Heart Of The Country.
Really sad that reached #2 in the US charts, behind Carole King's Trapestry.
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 46 queries.