Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Day Tripper  (Read 1228 times)

stevie

• Getting Better
Day Tripper
« on: April 22, 2011, 09:14:46 PM »

You know how every now and then you 'rediscover' a certain Beatles song after gearing it for years and never really appreciating it?

Have just done it with Day Tripper! I was on the treadmill the other day, listening to my ipod mix - heaps of beatles and other top rock songs - when DT came on.  I'd never realised it had all these crunchy guitars going in the background - on the old records and radio you only hear the classic riff.

God, even though the lads were exhausted when they recorded this - and the vocals still sound weary - and trying to finish Rubber Soul in a ridiculously hectic schedule, the sheer energy is captured perfectly. No wonder Jimi Hendrix loved it and did his own version.

I rediscovered Penny Lane like this back in 1995. Came home drunk and put the Blue album on. Lay on the floor and pounded PL 15 more times in a row!!!

I wonder what the next Beatle song will be that I rediscover? Anyone else have similiar stories and songs?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Day Tripper
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 11:46:10 PM »

Sure. It happened to me a few years ago with 'A Day In The Life'. It was one of those songs that I was really sick of and didnt listen to for a long time. I got tuned up one evening and it came on. Blew me away for some reason. I'm sick of it again, but it was something else that night. I dont listen to the Beatles very often anymore, but i've been reviewing their albums in another thread and so far, nothings smacked me upside the head yet. Maybe something will before i'm done.

Day Tripper has always been one of my favorites.

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 38 queries.