Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Naked vs Rubber Soul  (Read 2309 times)

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
Naked vs Rubber Soul
« on: October 27, 2007, 06:18:55 PM »

Just an observation here ...

I've been driving around for weeks with Rubber Soul in the car, it took about 3 weeks for me to get even a teeny bit tired of it.

So I popped in Naked. After one morning of driving, I'm like "OK, enough of that lot". Even though it has some of my favorite songs (Let It Be, Get Back, even I've Got a Feeling), it just doesn't seem to have the depth that Rubber Soul does.

So funny, because Naked was when they were at their peak technically, while Rubber Soul was when they were just beginning to taste what the studio could do for them. Maybe it's the difference between old age burnt out-ism and teenage enthusiasm, musically speaking?

Anyone else feel the same?

I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Re: Naked vs Rubber Soul
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 09:04:30 PM »

old age ?? haha...cute...the Beatles recorded Rubber Soul in 1965 (they were then between the ages of 22 to 25--and Let It Be was recorded in early 1969 (when they all were between 25 and 28...)

yeah..they were GEEZERS  lol

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 02:30:04 AM »

LIB is probably my least favorite album, because I felt they weren't into it and it shows. For RS, they definitely were. They were working functionally as a group. I think there's a thing in creativity where it's very hard to lie. If you're enthusiastic, it communicates to the audience. If you're just trying to get through the work, it shows, even if you're very talented and know how to put songs together. There's a spark. That's my feeling, anyway.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 03:46:03 AM »

Quote from: 551
LIB is probably my least favorite album, because I felt they weren't into it and it shows. For RS, they definitely were. They were working functionally as a group. I think there's a thing in creativity where it's very hard to lie. If you're enthusiastic, it communicates to the audience. If you're just trying to get through the work, it shows, even if you're very talented and know how to put songs together. There's a spark. That's my feeling, anyway.

Yes, no spark in LIB Harihead, I think you hit the nail right on the head, (kind of like Maxwell, no offense intended!), as usual. You have a way with words ... are you a lawyer, or a philospher? (Or a yogi disguised as a Beatles fan?!)

RS ... a sense of enthusiasm seems to pervade, outdone only by the utter and sheer excellence of the product!!

Just my two cents, pence, etc.!

I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 05:07:03 AM »

Rubber Soul awakened me in my teen years.  Its release coincided with my coming of age.  How could it be any better?

I can stay till it's time to go

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 04:03:55 AM »

Lucky, lucky Hello Goodbye. I missed the good stuff by a few years. I happily got by with Neil Young, however. :)

Quote from: 568
are you a lawyer, or a philospher? (Or a yogi disguised as a Beatles fan?!)
How kind, Alexis! Of your choices, I come closest to a yogi disguised as a Beatles fan. :) In truth, I'm a writer-- nonfiction for the bills, fiction for the soul. Cheers.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

real01

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 09:54:14 PM »

Quote from: 568
Just an observation here ...

So funny, because Naked was when they were at their peak technically, while Rubber Soul was when they were just beginning to taste what the studio could do for them. Maybe it's the difference between old age burnt out-ism and teenage enthusiasm, musically speaking?

Anyone else feel the same?

Well, form Naked / Le It Be... The songs that I like are the one released as singles: Across the Universe, Let It Be and The Long And Winding Road (plus Two fo Us & Dig It).
And Rubber Soul is simply - wonderful.

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 06:46:21 PM »

oh face it, Hari..you're a secret disciple of Timothy Leary & Alan Ginsburg..as I was LOL

love children at heart, ya know...

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 06:56:08 PM »

Not a bad thing to be. :)

CleanOldMan

• A Beginning
    • My Last.fm profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 03:47:19 AM »

There's no way in hell I'd be able to choose which one I like the better of the two. They both happen to be my top two favorite Beatles albums, and I haven't been able to choose my favorite of the two for quite a while.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 11:12:23 PM »

Rubber Soul is a classic & is one of my all time favourite albums & Naked
i think was a great improvement on the original LIT. I prefer Naked better on
my listening pleasure! :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Page created in 0.431 seconds with 63 queries.