Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Yellow Submarine  (Read 24689 times)

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
Re: Yellow Submarine
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2007, 07:34:19 PM »

Thanks for the tip, Revolution! But $35.50 sounds a little steep for me; I was hoping for something under $15. :)

I hope you're joking about Apple not having a master plan, BM. I  just assumed they had some bean counters somewhere figuring out how to reveal the Beatles product over the greatest number of years to increase revenue. To think that it's just haphazardly released is a little depressing, because it means some songs will certainly be overlooked, and we may not get things we're missing in a timely manner. But I suppose no one really knows? (Sorry to be so serious, but I'm genuinely curious.) Cheers.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Revolution

• Getting Better
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2007, 02:28:18 AM »

Check back,you might find one cheaper than that. ;)

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2007, 02:46:24 PM »

I'll keep my eyes open and watch my back! Cheers.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

real01

• Getting Better
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2007, 10:29:06 PM »

I just watched the Yellow Submarine. 1st time. I like the colours, I like the music, I like playing with words ("Once upon a time... or maybe twice..."), I like the ending... :-)
You can watch it (but not download) from here: http://www.tv-links.co.uk/index.do/4# (just go to letter Y and there it is - Yellow Submarine!)

BlueMeanie

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2007, 08:43:33 AM »

Quote from: 593
Check back,you might find one cheaper than that. ;)

I did. It was 5 quid more!!

It is a bit of a mystery that it seems to have been deleted again. However, The Beatles official website says it's available. But then it's not in their shop!!

« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2007, 09:48:19 PM »

Quote from: 395
personally speaking but it cracks me up to think that hippies got stoned in theaters back in 68 when it was first released.

yeah, I was one of them  :D :D Came out in 1968--saw it around Christmas that year (around the same time The White Album was released Nov/Dec) I was fifteen at the time, but didnt get stoned until 2nd time I saw it at 19. It was cutting-edge animation for that era.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2007, 01:21:37 PM »

It looks alike Yellow Submarine  ;D

BlueMeanie

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2007, 01:25:48 PM »

That's amazing! Welcome back Dmitry. Good holiday?

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2007, 01:44:31 PM »

Quote from: 483
That's amazing! Welcome back Dmitry. Good holiday?

Thanks! It was great holidays but too short  ::)
Some pictures http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/b-mailboxes/m-1155751566/s-150/

Buttmunker

• Getting Better
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2007, 10:50:48 PM »

I have a question about the film.  I've watched it once just recently (paid $50. for it on e-bay, peekaboo!), and after watching it, decided to check out the "special features."  Within was a great theatrical trailer, and within the trailer was real-live Beatles!  Real live Beatles doing some goofy stuff with studio equipment, and enjoying "Yellow Submarine" IN A PRIVATE MOVIE THEATER (overindulged rich and privileged make me sick, peekaboo).  

Well, now to my quesiton: is the live Beatles featured in the trailer available anywhere in a comprehensive collection?  It certainly wasn't in the cartoon.  Is it "lost," or just being hoarded in their sacred vault?

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2007, 03:26:29 AM »

I love the Yellow Submarine! Welcome back, Dmitry!

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2007, 02:08:46 PM »

I could have swore it was a Yellow Submarine?
maybe it was one of those unidentified flying Cup-Cakes!
or just my Imagination??

............ But i haven't got an imagination!  ;D :P

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2008, 08:52:06 PM »

Does anyone know if the "Yellow Submarine" DVD will ever be re-released?  (Why it was discontinued?)

I was looking for it online at B&N and Amazon and realized it is gone (yes, I am totally late on this).  Then I tried searching through the online catalog of my local libraries and saw that their sole copy was "lost" (probably stolen by a desperate Beatles fan?  ;) ).

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2009, 12:45:48 AM »

I didn't realize the guy who played Twiggy in The Royle Family did the voice of Paul I thaught it be another actor with the same name

Yarvelling

• Bootleg Members
  • One And One Is Two
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2009, 07:28:36 AM »

Ringo and Old Fred walk into a huge 30's style 'mad professor' type lab. There's a huge Frankenstein's monster lying on a large bench.
Old Fred (in a shocke voice) - Thats Frankenstein....
Ringo - Yeah!  I used to out with his sister....
Old Fred - His sister?
Ringo - Yeah, Phyllis....

:D  :D  :D
I love daft little jokes like that ;) 
I love Yellow Submarine; a very funny, imaginative film, with a script that captured the Beatles' offbeat (almost Milligan-inspired) humour absolutely brilliantly :)
I got my copy for £9.99 off Ebay a couple or three months ago; I think it's an Asian release, but it IS the digitally remastered version, and looks (and sounds) fabulous!  I love the Eleanor Rigby segment too - a very 'sixties' backdrop, with the clever animations that fit the sad mood of the song brilliantly.
Cheers,
Steve.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2012, 01:04:06 AM »

My dad tookme and a couple of my friends into Boston to the Paramount Theater which was one of the first with suround sound and we made him sit through it twice. God bless him.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

TomMo

• A Beginning
  • You Can't Do That
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2012, 11:43:49 PM »

I have to admit I'm not too impressed with Yellow Submarine as a cartoon movie(excluding the music) which I saw for the first time back in 72 since Bugs Bunny & Daffy Duck are much better personally speaking but it cracks me up to think that hippies got stoned in theaters back in 68 when it was first released.

I resemble that remark. Actually, I did see Yellow Submarine on the day it was released in '68. No special medication was needed. You haven't experienced the movie until you see it on the BIG screen, especially the Sea of Holes.

Btw, one of the screenwriters also wrote the book, "Love Story". His name is Erich Segal.

As for the jokes, the movie is better appreciated if you were raised on Beatle humor and knew the public persona of each member of the band.
"Beware of soft shoe shufflers"

KelMar

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2012, 06:02:39 AM »

Btw, one of the screenwriters also wrote the book, "Love Story". His name is Erich Segal.

I noticed that the first time I watched "Yellow Submarine" and it really surprised me.

TomMo

• A Beginning
  • You Can't Do That
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2012, 09:12:48 PM »

I noticed that the first time I watched "Yellow Submarine" and it really surprised me.

Even more bizarre is that Erich Segal and Al Gore were roommates at Harvard. Maybe Gore was the inspiration for the chief Blue Meanie.
"Beware of soft shoe shufflers"
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.424 seconds with 81 queries.