Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Beatle Fest  (Read 4147 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Beatle Fest
« on: July 14, 2008, 01:16:46 AM »

Has anyone ever gone to any of these? They sound sort of interesting! Pattie Boyd's doing appearances lately too. How weird is that? Here's info on the latest one in Vegas and the one coming up in Chicago. If anyone lives in that area. Guess I missed out on the Vegas one. Not that I could have talked anyone into going with me! It's sort of like a Star Trek convention in a way. Only not as dorky! Heh.

LAS VEGAS WRAP UP: For all those in attendance, it was perhaps our greatest FEST ever. Pattie Boyd spoke on all three days and stayed till all autograph requests were completed. Her display of Photographs and Fashion were fabulous and she had a 12 minute Video running non stop in here Exhibit Room. Pattie will have the identical set up for the Chicago FEST, in 4 weeks! Donovan mesmerized the audiences each day with stories and song, plus full concerts on the second and third evenings, one acoustic and the other electric, with Liverpool backing him. He, too, signed for all fans who waited in line to meet him. All the other guests also contributed to the excitement of the show. An added bonus was Neil Innes, who dropped by to say hi and performed 2 Rutles songs. He announced that we will be having a second World Premiere of a new film on his life, called The 7th Python at our Chicago FEST on Saturday, August 9th at 11:00AM (earlybird special). Two members of the Cast of the LOVE show joined us on our stage to talk about their experiences on the show.
On a sad note, on Monday Night June 30th, we learned of the passing of Carol Lapidos' Father, Irwin Blum. For all of the FEST regulars, Irwin was the man at the Ticket Booth for all our FESTS, until a few years ago. He was 91 and will be sorely missed. Liverpool closed the concert with Imagine, dedicated to Irwin.

CHICAGO - AUGUST 8-10 -We have quite a line up of Special Guests for our third and final FEST for 2008 -  So if you haven't made plans, don't delay!  After July 25th, tickets go up in price. Guests include Pattie Boyd,  Billy J. Kramer, Neil Innes, The Smithereens, Mark and Brett Hudson, Ken Mansfield, Nancy Lee Andrews, Allan Tannenbaum, Ian Wright, and others. The Smithereens will be performing on Saturday, Aug 9th -  a Beatles set including songs from their latest CD, called b-sides The Beatles. The CD will be available at the FEST for the first time anywhere!!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Beatle Fest
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 12:00:40 AM »

I will have to make it out one year in Vegas.  I like excuses to go to Vegas!  I just end up spending so much stinkin money though  ::)
<br />

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 01:37:18 AM »

I still find it odd that Pattie Boyd is appearing at these things now. It seems so tacky and desperate.

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 02:21:00 AM »

"Beatle Brunch" on the radio here on Saturday mornings are always "plugging" it.  And it just all sounds to weird to me.  I know, Patti Boyd will be there and they always have the Pete Best band there with Neil Aspinall's illegitamate son, Roag, as Pete's drummer.  Now that's weird.  And even more weird is Roag's mom is Mona Best, Pete's mom, and Neil had an affair with her.  Go figure...........

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 03:27:03 AM »

Yea, Pattie being there does seem kind of desperate....I mean yea she was married to George and in a Beatle movie but... I dunno...I guess people obviously enjoyed meeting her & getting her autograph.  I guess if I ever met her I might ask for one.  Just for the heck of it.
<br />

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 04:57:53 PM »

I know some guys on ebay that are "obsessed" with Patti Boyd and go to these Beatle Fest just to see her.

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 12:05:18 AM »

:D
<br />

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 08:51:40 AM »

The way I look at it is Pattie is a part of Beatle history so she can appear at these events if she wants to.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 01:16:40 PM »

And Heather can do it. Smiling and greeting people.

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 05:47:31 PM »

Oh no..............NOT "Witch Heather".............

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 05:57:28 PM »

She would probably know better than to show up because all the Beatle fans would beat the crap out of her xD

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 06:10:43 PM »

Answering the question why she had moved to the USA Heather said it was because of numerous Paul`s fans in Britain, who consider her to be a monster. But, she said, BUT in the USA people treat her well and kindly.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 06:42:29 PM »

^ Somehow I highly doubt that.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 08:22:19 PM »

Quote from: 682
The way I look at it is Pattie is a part of Beatle history so she can appear at these events if she wants to.

Of course she can do it. Anyone who knew them for twelve seconds can do it. It's just that she used to be part of the inner circle. It's usually the people who were on the fringe and who are now trying to make a buck off of their association. She should be above it. Picture Jane Asher doing this. You can't can you?  :)

But I understand that it's a thrill for the fans so in a way I'm sure it's a great thing.

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 11:58:49 PM »

Yea the way I was thinking is that she's just doing it for the money...Pattie that is.  And I think and hope Heather would be smarter than trying to show up at something like that in any country  ;D

And lets not forget now, not all Heather's are bad  ;)   She's giving the other Heather's a bad name  ;D  
<br />

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2008, 08:30:56 AM »

I can't imagine Jane doing it no. Certainly not Heather either!  :P

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2008, 08:38:09 PM »

All the women can do it.
As for me i think that Pattie is worse than Heather. Paul and Heather parted, without betraying each other in the first place, but Pattie betrayed George by leaving him. Actually it proved to be good and for George`s benefit. Because otherwise he would probably not have children!

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2008, 11:18:32 PM »

Well............this "Beatle Fest" thing is doing a "Beatle Brunch" cruise at the end of this month.  Can you believe that??????  A "cruise" on a ship???  What will these people think of next.....

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2008, 11:19:56 PM »

Quote from: 682
I can't imagine Jane doing it no. Certainly not Heather either!  :P
^^^^^^Hey JimmyMc fan...............your "sig" picture of Jimmy makes him look like David Cassidy back in the day...............

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2008, 12:49:09 AM »

^ ha yeah. Jimmy and David looked a lot alike. I have a few more pictures where Jimmy looks like David  :P
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 81 queries.