Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: NBC DEVELOPING EVENT SERIES ABOUT THE BEATLES  (Read 3263 times)

Casbah

• A Beginning
NBC DEVELOPING EVENT SERIES ABOUT THE BEATLES
« on: June 22, 2014, 04:25:31 PM »

I remember bringing this up as a thread in the past. Some of you said it could never be done. Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll partypeople Let the flaming begin!  ha2ha

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/14/nbc-developing-event-series-about-the-beatles

BY MATT FOWLERThe creator of Showtime's The Tudors and History's Vikings, Michael Hirst, is currently prepping an eight-episode event series about The Beatles for NBC.

As Deadline reports, Hirst, who as a solo writer and creator wrote every episode of The Tudors and every episode of Vikings (so far), will be writing the series, which will tackle the story of the famed Liverpool quartet - John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr. Full details are not known at this time, though with eight episodes one might assume that the entire run of The Beatles' career as a rock and roll phenomenon could be covered. Especially given Hirst's penchant for historical storytelling.
"Someone told me a few minutes ago they saw John walking on the street once wearing a button saying "I Love Paul." And this girl said she asked him, "Why are you wearing a button that says ' I Love Paul'? He said "Because I love Paul."

KelMar

Re: NBC DEVELOPING EVENT SERIES ABOUT THE BEATLES
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 08:24:23 PM »

I came across this today:

Proposed Beatles TV Series Hits Snag

It will be interesting to see what happens!

Casbah

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 09:50:41 PM »

That is interesting! And maybe not a bad thing either...will definitely have to keep an eye on this.  Could turn out to be a battle of creator/writers.  But it sounds like ATV wants it done.
"Someone told me a few minutes ago they saw John walking on the street once wearing a button saying "I Love Paul." And this girl said she asked him, "Why are you wearing a button that says ' I Love Paul'? He said "Because I love Paul."

fanofthefab4

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 11:09:08 PM »

Casbah,

I hope you don't mind that I'm letting you and everyone else know that the rest of your quotes about John Lennon being asked (which was in 1974) why he was wearing the button that said I Love Paul,he answered,because I love Paul. 8) :-* :)

Casbah

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 01:17:14 AM »

Ah, yes, fixed it, Thanks!

riham

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 11:55:37 AM »

There must be sufficient good quality live recordings of the Beatles to actually throw together a decent live album.

Fab4Fan

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 04:33:05 AM »

There must be sufficient good quality live recordings of the Beatles to actually throw together a decent live album.

I rather enjoy the 1977 Capitol release of "Live At The Hollywood Bowl!"

The crowd is bonkers!

Here's a taste (enjoy!):

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&amp;v=-yeRhnqBVaw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&amp;v=-yeRhnqBVaw</a>

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Bobber

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 08:46:22 AM »

That is what one would expect. At the same time, equipment was not overall available. Plus the screaming girls would make it pretty unlistenable. The Hollywood Bowl recordings are the best ones around I think. There is a lot of live recordings on bootlegs, but it is not as good as Hollywood Bowl (which in return did have some things redone in the studio if I'm correct).

Page created in 0.379 seconds with 50 queries.