Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Israel vs The Rest  (Read 22950 times)

Swine

• A Beginning
Israel vs The Rest
« on: December 29, 2008, 12:32:31 PM »

does israel have a right to excist? or are they founding their rights on an ancient book?
[size=18]LIFE IS GETTING WORSE[/size]
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

BlueMeanie

Re: Israel vs The Rest
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 12:38:14 PM »

You're really going to open up a can of worms here.

Swine

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 12:52:37 PM »

am I? but it is a current affair isnt it. as a matter of fact its been a current affair for at least 60 years.
[size=18]LIFE IS GETTING WORSE[/size]

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 02:14:37 PM »

Quote from: 1789
does israel have a right to excist? or are they founding their rights on an ancient book?

Why wouldn't they?

P.S. What happened to your post #s ... new sig/avatar? ... ah, I see, you are maybe not "The Swine", rather just "Swine"?
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 09:42:17 PM »

Quote from: 568

Why wouldn't they?

Why would they? Just because the Israeli's share a religion? I've met quite a few Israeli's travelling around the globe. Whenever I tried to discuss the matter to them, I was stroke by their stubborness and determination. There seemed to be no room for discussion. Because, as they said, it was written in the Thora/Old Testament that the land was theirs. I always found that a bit narrow reasoned to be honest.

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 10:31:45 PM »

I don't usually write on this board but I just had to respond on this.
ISRAEL EXISTS. End of story, whether it has the right to is a different question. Yes, it was partially founded on the Old Testament, but it's also undeniable that there has been Jewish population in Israel throughout history. due to the situation after WWII it was clear Jews need their own state, and Israel was the natural choice. There was vote and the rest of the world decided on Israel's foundation.
So yeah, we have the right to exist by law. and we exist. and there are people here, living souls with lives and families who have no other place but this teeny tiny country, who know no other home, and who are deeply offended by individuals such as you, swine (starting to live up to your name there, eh?), who think it's just fine to suggest that all Israelis need to maybe be wiped out, cause they're nothing but trouble to the rest of the world, right?

We are here to stay and nothing can be done about this now. Arabs need to face this, the rest of the world needs to face this. you can't just kick 7 million people out of their home all of a sudden.  

Hope that answers your question, dear.

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 10:36:01 PM »

Quote from: 1810
who are deeply offended by individuals such as you, swine (starting to live up to your name there, eh?), who think it's just fine to suggest that all Israelis need to maybe be wiped out, cause they're nothing but trouble to the rest of the world, right?

Where did Swine say "all Israelis need to be wiped out" or that "they're nothing but trouble to the rest of the world?"

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 10:44:26 PM »

Quote from: 1161

Where did Swine say "all Israelis need to be wiped out" or that "they're nothing but trouble to the rest of the world?"

How do you call questioning the existence of Israel? (although, take notice, I did put a "maybe" there. and these examples were brought because that's what I've been exactly hearing most of my life.)
I understand people don't get it, really, but these questions make you feel quite attacked.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 10:55:19 PM »

I see a pattern here with a couple of avatars. What's that about?

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 10:57:55 PM »

I understand people don't get it, really, but these questions make you feel quite attacked.

"Feeling" like you've been attacked is not the same thing as actually having been attacked. Properly made, statements have a logical meaning in them and that is what is to be responded to. The associated emotional responses such statements give rise to are a different matter. Swine is simply raising a discussion topic.  

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 01:40:05 AM »

I do not have a problem with Israel.  Hey!!!!  These guys have been "dumped on" for centuries.  I am Catholic and I make no side remarks or such.  All I got to say is.............let Israel send their version on the FBI/CIA.....what's it called, the "Masab"......correct my spelling please.........but these "soldiers" would put anyone in their place.  This is just my opinion........

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 02:27:34 AM »

The way I see it, every country has the right to exist...
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

BlueMeanie

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 10:20:47 AM »

who are deeply offended by individuals such as you, swine (starting to live up to your name there, eh?), who think it's just fine to suggest that all Israelis need to maybe be wiped out, cause they're nothing but trouble to the rest of the world, right?

This over the top reaction just goes to illustrate Bobber's comment when trying discuss this topic with an Israeli he was stonewalled.

This is a discussion forum. Sometimes we talk Beatles, and sometimes we talk serious stuff. If you cared to stick around for long enough you'd also discover that some of us possess a modicum of intelligence.

As an Israeli it would be great to have your input in the 'discussion'. Nobody has offended you. In fact you have just offended all of us by suggesting that mearly having this conversation means that we want the jews wiped out.

Shame on you StarDust.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 10:30:29 AM »

Quote from: 216
I see a pattern here with a couple of avatars. What's that about?

Solidarity comrade. 94beatlesrthebest called The Swine a communist.

Bobber

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 12:42:16 PM »

Quote from: 610
The way I see it, every country has the right to exist...

Palestina?

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 06:48:35 PM »

Quote from: 63

Why would they? Just because the Israeli's share a religion? I've met quite a few Israeli's travelling around the globe. Whenever I tried to discuss the matter to them, I was stroke by their stubborness and determination. There seemed to be no room for discussion. Because, as they said, it was written in the Thora/Old Testament that the land was theirs. I always found that a bit narrow reasoned to be honest.

IMO, narrow reasoning by a group of Israelis doesn't mean that Israel shouldn't exist. Even if the whole country were filled with unpleasant, narrow minded dogmatic Torah spouters, whether Israel has a right to exist would be determined independently of that.

As far as I see, the reasoning given for invalidity of Israel's claim to exist are that 1) We were here first (Palestinians), 2) It's a false country, set up by political partition, ignoring native and cultural issues on the ground at the time.

Either or both may or may not be true, but if they are used as grounds to deny Israel's existence, then I can't think offhand of any country that  is exempt from similar claims of invalid political existence. Native Americans, Druid Dudes of the British Isles, (Irish Catholics in Northern Ireland? ... claiming ignorance here as to whether that is even a good example), Aborigines down under ... they may all have as legitimate a claim to the lands that were once theirs, and were taken by force and usually pretty ugly behavior besides.

There may be good reasons for Israel to not exist, and other countries too ("Imagine ..."), but I guess that probably wasn't the thought behind the original question!

Just my 2c/p/shekels - thanks!
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 09:11:46 PM »

Everybody has the right to exist. Israel included, no question.

Bobber

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2008, 09:16:53 PM »

Quote from: 1393

Palestina? (Again...)

BlueMeanie

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 12:34:56 AM »

Quote from: 1393

That's a very, very wild statement, that needs backing up. You can't just say that and walk away.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 01:29:29 AM »

Quote from: 483

Solidarity comrade. 94beatlesrthebest called The Swine a communist.

Ah. I knew I was missing something.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 79 queries.