Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: What should Ringo do for his next album?  (Read 2580 times)

Wayne L.

What should Ringo do for his next album?
« on: August 11, 2007, 06:42:10 PM »

I think Ringo should release a covers album of classic Stones, Who, Kinks & Animals songs since they were the Beatles rivals back in the 60's.  It would be an inside joke because he's a former Beatle & it would be cool hearing him do The Last Time, Happy Jack & Tired Of Waiting.  

BlueMeanie

Re: What should Ringo do for his next album?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 06:54:20 PM »

Quote from: 395
I think Ringo should release a covers album of classic Stones, Who, Kinks & Animals songs since they were the Beatles rivals back in the 60's.  It would be an inside joke because he's a former Beatle & it would be cool hearing him do The Last Time, Happy Jack & Tired Of Waiting.  

He's already recorded his next album. Liverpool 8. It's only delayed because of the 'Best Of'. And by the way, in my humble opinion, that's a really crap suggestion! Can you seriously hear Ringo singing this stuff?

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 09:18:54 PM »

You obviously don't like Wayne's opion's BlueMeanie? :-/

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Wayne L.

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 09:55:14 PM »

I already know he has recorded his next album Liverpool 8 BlueMeanie, but this is for the next one in the near future.  

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 12:21:50 AM »

I really don't know what I want for Ringo's next album. The only thing I know I really want is a LOT OF PROMOTIONS. If he wants, he could sing the Andrew Sisters. I don't care. I just want a SUCCESSFUL RINGO ALBUM.  :(
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 01:14:26 AM »

I dont much care what he does as long as its another album full of new material.

Nothing better than getting a new Ringo album.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 07:28:05 AM »

Quote from: 395
I already know he has recorded his next album Liverpool 8 BlueMeanie, but this is for the next one in the near future.  

I have no problem with him doing a few covers, but I can imagine The Last Time, Happy Jack & Tired Of Waiting sounding pretty cheesy.

The Fox Drummer

• A Beginning
  • I'm a drummer, not a wetnurse.
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 05:32:03 PM »

I think Ringo singing Who, Stones, etc. covers would just be...I dunno, demeaning in some way. Not because it's not fabulous music, but because...well, it's Ringo, former Beatle. :-/ I don't really know how to explain myself beyond that - it might be funny in some regards, yes, but that's the music that the Beatles music is thought to be on the same level on, and I don't think he should go for something that similar and something that his group was once so competitive with.

Hope that made some sense...!

EDIT: And Ringo as a solo artist has such a different sound than as a Beatle. It just wouldn't work.
<br />One thing I can tell you is you got to be free...

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 11:23:20 PM »

The Who and Stones ought to be remaking Ringo tunes.

• A Beginning
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 01:12:33 AM »

He can do whatever he wants.  Sad truth:  Only us die-hards will buy it.  There are no radio stations that will play any tracks as everything is programmed and horribly homogenous, and Ringo, unfortunately, isn't taken very seriously as an artist.  He should do what he used to do best--get a huge all star line up and go nuts.  And lose Mark Hudson.
What time does the Bus leave?<br /><br />The opinons expressed by 834 are solely maintained by 834 and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of other members or management of this site.  They are not meant to offend or insult, they are just

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 03:03:05 AM »

I think Hudsons run with Ringo brought us his three strongest solo efforts and i'd like to see more. 'Liverpool 8' will have Hudson and Dave Stewart listed as producers (I think) as Ringo and Mark had that little falling out. Maybe Stewart will only be mentioned, but I think he just came in and cleaned everything up. Anyways, I for one would love to see Hudson and Ringo continue to make music together.

Please. no more All-Star stuff. Let Ringo go out and tour with the Roundheads and play some of this good music off of his last 4 or 5 albums.

• A Beginning
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 03:11:17 AM »

I don't mean in his All-Star touring repetoire, but like in the good ol' days. Get the Claptons and Voormans and Paulies in there.  Put together a Ringo II.  Unfortunately 1973 is a long ways away.
What time does the Bus leave?<br /><br />The opinons expressed by 834 are solely maintained by 834 and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of other members or management of this site.  They are not meant to offend or insult, they are just

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 05:35:06 AM »

Quote from: 788
I don't mean in his All-Star touring repetoire, but like in the good ol' days. Get the Claptons and Voormans and Paulies in there.  Put together a Ringo II.  Unfortunately 1973 is a long ways away.

I see what you mean, but damn, all of Ringos albums have plenty of guest appearances (some recently from the people you just listed). If you bring too many people into the studio, it all of a sudden doesnt become a Ringo album in my opinion. I like to see him keep as independent as possible.

No, he'll never have a top seller, but who cares. As long as us diehards enjoy it.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 07:01:09 AM »

I saw Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings the other year, and they were so much fun. I'd have loved to have seen Ringo do something like that, with a really great set of musicians. Some great old rock 'n' roll numbers, plus all of Ringo's best solo stuff. I think that would have been fantastic, instead of all this All-Starr Band sh*t. I mean, I want to see Ringo, not have to sit through bloody John Waite, and that bloke from Men At Work!!

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 70 queries.