Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Where Were You?  (Read 51688 times)

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Where Were You?
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2008, 01:41:41 AM »

I remembering hearing about it on the news.  I was a Beatle fan at the time, although not quite as much as I am now.  I just remember thinking how sad because he wasn't even really that old and should have had alot more time on this earth.  I went to work and talked about it with some co-workers who had lived through beatlemania and they were all pretty sad.  For them it was someone who they grew up with, he and the group were a part of their lives growing up and now a peice of it is gone.

I like to believe George is somewhere resting and at peace.  As we all know he was a very spiritual man, and I feel that since he knew he was sick and that the end was coming, he was able to leave his body the way he would have wanted to. I think he was at peace with it.

<br />

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2008, 12:25:32 PM »

Quote from: 1204
I like to believe George is somewhere resting and at peace.  As we all know he was a very spiritual man, and I feel that since he knew he was sick and that the end was coming, he was able to leave his body the way he would have wanted to. I think he was at peace with it.

I completely agree with you HeatherBoo.

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2008, 02:23:46 AM »

Quote from: 1204
I just remember thinking how sad because he wasn't even really that old and should have had alot more time on this earth.  
So very true.

All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

dcowboys107

• A Beginning
  • Surf's Up
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2008, 02:55:05 AM »

Well for some background information, I had just started to like The Beatles in the fall of 2000 with all those Beatles' 1 commercials being aired and all.  So within the next few months I fell in love with them and borrowed and listened to whatever I could get my hands on.  I remember a few months before he died my dad told me while were on the way to school that George wasn't doing too well and had cancer. At that time (I was still 9) I didn't think much of it thinking he'd pull through it.  When he actually died my mom got the Abbey Road CD and played in on our home stereo to wake us up that morning rather than waking us up by alarm clock or whatever. It was really beautiful, I still remember hearing "Something" while waking up for school. I wasn't sure what happened: I thought my mom was just playing it just to excite about the middle school dance that evening.  Then my mom came to my bed and broke the news and told me that the newsman said to play "Something" in rememberence of George's passing.  At that point you're way to numb to cry or anything it just went over my head. I had breakfast and went to school like any other day.  My mom subbed at school that day and told everyone in my class that he died and everyone knew I was such a huge fan.  I put on my brave face and acted like I was cool and everything.  That night on CNN before I got picked up to go the dance, I watched a George Harrison tribute and then I just collapsed and started to cry before the television set.  My mom tried comforting me and getting my grandfather to talk to me on the telephone (that part I don't understand) but it wasn't enough.  I pulled myself together once carpool arrived for the dance and some how I remained stoic but told everyone that today was a rough day for me since George died.  The next day, I went to a Georgia Bulldogs American football game (for you non-Americans) and they were talking about George and playing "Hey Bulldog" and "I've Got My Mind Set on You" I just quietly cried to myself on the way there. I know this is so long but it's kind of kathartic for me to talk about it. I've never really recalled that day in such a long time.  God Bless George!

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2008, 03:12:44 AM »

On a Saturday morning, later, like around 10 or 11, turned the TV on in the kitchen to CNN and there it was!!!  I knew George was very sick.  This I have seen on some news/entertainment shows.  So really it wasn't that huge of a shock to me.  I think the time he got stabbed in the back by that intruder at his home may have brought on more complications with his health.  But still, I was thinking, "Two Beatles gone", and cried softly.........

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2008, 02:17:10 PM »

the worst day of my life when George went, it was like a part of you had been taken.
very strange feeling. i think it was by then i realised how much the Beatles and George
meant so much to me as they have always helped me!

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2008, 01:31:48 AM »

Quote from: 614
the worst day of my life when George went, it was like a part of you had been taken.
very strange feeling. i think it was by then i realised how much the Beatles and George
meant so much to me as they have always helped me!

I agree with you Andy.  

I was just in so much shock, because my Dad didn't tell me he had cancer, even though he knew. Probably because I would have went crazy if I knew there was a chance he wouldn't be here anymore. Because he was The Beatle I singled out since I knew who The Beatles were.  

But now that I'm older, I still get sad because I miss him. And I know I say this a lot but I honestly can't put into words how I feel about him and how i feel about him not being here anymore. I tell myself he's better off now, and one day I'll ( and the rest of you) will passover and coexist again in the spiritual world and be on the same plain sort of.

So, I miss him, but there is no way I would want him back in this crazy world!

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

colleengirl95

• Getting Better
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2008, 02:28:52 AM »

I wasn't a beatles fan at that time but when i became a beatles fan my uncle told me that George was dead, i was so sad i alomost cried.
[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums

EightDaysAWeek

• One And One Is Two
  • Love is old, love is new. Love is all, love is you
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2008, 03:14:32 AM »

I was a bit too young to fully comprehend the situation but I did cry a little. I wasn't a huge Beatles fan, only being five I think, but I was very sad when he died. My father was glum for awhile; I think George was his favorite Beatle. But then again, I cried for anyone who died, whether it was the ant I accidentally stepped on or George Harrison. I was a sensitive little kid.
America: It's like Britain, only with buttons
Ringo Starr

laiyt

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2008, 06:28:45 AM »

i didn't know about george was death alreadly when i was 9 years old):
<br />                  [size=14] I l0ve BeaTles Forever(:[/size]

fan numero uno

• A Thousand Pages
  • they love me, they love me a lot. they love me....
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2008, 01:52:17 AM »

since i wasnt a big fan till recently, and i was only a little kid when he died, im ashamed to say i was clueless about his death. no one actually told me he was dead, and i think i just kind of figured out over the years that they couldnt ALL be alive, so it was more of finding out who was still alive rather than who was dead......but now i regret being too young and ignorant to mourn him when it happened.
Love the Beatles, and all shall be right.                avatar created by freakchic

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2008, 05:13:22 AM »

I don't really remember it, I was too caought up in my own melodrama/being a self absorbed 12 year old.

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

beatlemaniac

• A Beginning
« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2009, 12:20:27 AM »

I was a junior at college and I was asleep in my dorm room when my mom called and I answered the phone and she was crying. She asked if I had heard and I said no and she told me to turn on my TV. This was frightening to me since two months earlier I had gotten a similar call from my boyfriend and it ended up being 9/11. I turned on the TV and it was the Today show and picture of George were going by with "Something" playing. I knew he was gone and I started crying. I was barely conceived when John died, but I imagine that would have destroyed me....George's death was more of a blessing, to put him out of his pain. John's was a tragedy.

MandyBuglet

• A Beginning
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2009, 04:14:56 AM »

I was in a computer lab at my college when I found out...it was really sad because I hadn't even known he had cancer!
I felt sad, but I didn't cry...I guess I was just shocked or something.

Still makes me sad :(.

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2009, 12:34:47 AM »

George's death was a very differnt experience compared to John's murder. We knew he was ill but obviously the world wasn't told the full story. It was sort of like an uncle dying, I guess, but no less sad. It was a Saturday morning here in Australia when I heard the news. I went to the garage and did my weights as normal, but i was upset. When John died, I was 18 and it affected me a lot more.
I remember the papers had the Abbey Road photo on the front page. Also remember George Bush's reaction to the news. 'so there's only two Beatles left? That is sad',,,or something like that.  I suppose we sort of forget it was only a couple of months after 9/11.

Nelson_Wilbury

• A Beginning
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2009, 03:38:33 AM »

Every morning of that week I buy the newspaper hoping good news. That day, going to my job, I think in he.
A man that work with me tell me the notice. I don't feel nothing, I think that I was in shook.
Later I buy the evening's newspaper and the story was there.
I pick the bus to go my home, sit in the last seat, looking through the window and I cry during the 45 minutes of the travel.
With our love we can save the world

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2009, 12:15:35 AM »

i was only 7, i just knew them as the guys in black and white with matching outfits and unique features!
if it weren't for the simpsons, i would have never found out about the beatles in the first place
anyways, i'd be immensely sad

George does not approve.

Eliza

• Getting Better
  • You've got a new horizon It's ephemeral style
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2009, 02:36:15 PM »

Well I was 5 and at first I was a George Harrison fan. When I found out I was at school and one of kindergarden teachers was a beatles fan and my class passed her room and I heard her crying so I asked my teacher if I could asked whats wrong so I did and she told me that George died and once she told me I couldn't breathe and then I cried so hard that my started to hurt
Put yer tongue away it looks digusting hanging out all pinked and naked!-George Harrison

Love forever, love is free Let's turn forever you and me Windmill, windmill for the land Is everybody in?

Eliza

• Getting Better
  • You've got a new horizon It's ephemeral style
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2009, 04:51:05 PM »

I forgot to put a word eyes my eyes started to hurt
Put yer tongue away it looks digusting hanging out all pinked and naked!-George Harrison

Love forever, love is free Let's turn forever you and me Windmill, windmill for the land Is everybody in?

georgeharrisonluver

• A Thousand Pages
  • Here Comes the Sun
    • My Beatle's Tumblr!
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2009, 07:53:26 PM »

I was eight years old when George died and I don't really remeber much about it. I do remember seeing a bit of stuff on the news about George but I didn't know who he was or who the Beatles were  (Didn't become a fan until a few months later) and I was still trying to comprehend 911 which had happened not long before. I remember after I became a Beatles fan ,choosing George as my favorite Beatle, feeling really sad when my dad told me he had died. I really didn't hit me hard until I got older. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Page created in 0.877 seconds with 101 queries.