Beatles forums > Polls

Which Beatle's solo career was the best?

<< < (5/5)

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:
The best solo time for every Beatle was 1970-1975, and I think that at that period John was the best of them.

Walrus:
Whoever said Ringo...  ha2ha

Beatles96:
Hmm...It's a close tie between John and Paul.

Unfortunately, John's solo career was cut short  :( But he probably would've been even more successful throughout the 80's, 90's, and 2000's.

Paul, who is still touring, is very successful and has been in his solo career since the late 60's/early 70's.

Hello Goodbye:
Hi Beatles96.  Welcome to the Forum!!

Rooftopconcert:
   Hi guys !! Purely on the strength of total units sold , sell out concerts and longevity of his solo career , one would have to say Paul, but  if pushed my personal preferences are for Johnny and George,s material.I listen regularly to all three , and not just the "more popular" albums and I can understand how Paul catalogue would perhaps appeal more to the casual fan as well as hard core followers of all things "Beatle" but John and George for me bared their souls ,warts and all ,and in doing so moved us to feel and experience along with them those inner emotions, common to us all, that inspired the song to be written in the first instance. I love Paul,s music for all the obvious reasons  but John and George,s material,by which  I mean their whole "commercial" output, reflects the place where I reside , both emotionaly and as a thinking human being,yes regardless of sales figures and enduring legacy of much of Paul,s work my heart and mind belong to his two band mates who managed to reach me on a totaly different level .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version