Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Why DM's?  (Read 11711 times)

Bobber

Re: Why DM's?
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2006, 03:33:35 PM »

At the moment it's the little snowman on top of the page.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2006, 03:53:46 PM »

Cold winter for some people here!

Mean_Mr_Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2006, 01:34:10 AM »

Quote from: admin
I'm so glad
I'm so glad
I'm glad, I'm glad, I'm glad (jumping)

lol, Well first I was looking for pictures of the Beatles, I got this website on a search. Then a long time later I decided to join the forums. I used this website for pictures and song lyrics a lot before I joined the forums.  ;D

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2006, 08:52:44 PM »

Quote from: Bobber
At the moment it's the little snowman on top of the page.

haha - I always notice that, when the page first loads up.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2012, 01:56:39 PM »

So what do you think now about the forums? What went bad and what went good? What should be changed?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 07:58:35 PM by Dmitry »

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2012, 02:43:25 PM »

Well, the forums have seen better days. Not that much happening anymore and I don't really have an idea why. Maybe it's some kind of vicious circle.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2012, 04:08:47 PM »

Yeah, I miss how active it used to be around here.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Yeshelloitsmehereagain

• Getting Better
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2012, 04:36:39 PM »

Well we fixed the prolem with the trashy tabloid news threads which attracted little to no conversation last year. I still look at them occasionally, there's still very little that's news worthy or commented on so that was a good call. I take the credit for that. I guess it comes to a point where every topic has been discussed and countered, that's just what happens.

If you can be bothered to take a look at the microscope threads or even bothered to contribute to them you may find that they are where it is at. I mean we come here because we like Beatle and related music so to outline precisely what we like and what we dislike is proably the most worthwhile use of this forum ever.

I'm surprised we haven't done it before now.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 04:42:15 PM by Yeshelloitsmehereagain »

Bobber

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2012, 06:17:04 PM »

If you can be bothered to take a look at the microscope threads or even bothered to contribute to them you may find that they are where it is at. I mean we come here because we like Beatle and related music so to outline precisely what we like and what we dislike is proably the most worthwhile use of this forum ever.

I'm surprised we haven't done it before now.

Hooray.

Maybe this forum needs a more active administrator than me. Although, 12791 posts can't all be rubbish.

New members come, old familiar ones go. I have written lots of e-mails to all the people that I wished had stayed here. I always read Kevin's posts because they were usually so full of humour and down to earth. To me, it's sad that people who once were an important part of this forums somehow decided for whatever reason to not post any more. It felt a bit like losing a good friend everytime it happened. It must be my upcoming midlife crise I guess.

A pity raxo isn't willing to post any more because he feels he isn't wanted or whatever.
Alan was stupid and started his own forum. ha2ha
BlueMeanie Paul left because of an argument I think. Barry and me have e-mailed him a hundred times but he won't react.
Rick is too busy making his carreer in the music business.
Sondra just left.
Marshall is busy growing a moustache.

And these are just examples. Of course, new members have come and bring new life to the forums. It's my idea not to hang on to old members that once were a part of the forums, but to hang on to the forums as it is now. And value the great amount of knowledge and pictures for a start. Ollie is right about the microscope threads. It's all about the music of the Beatles that once started a forum like this.

But maybe I'm very wrong. I don't know. I'm tired.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 06:30:04 PM by Bobber »

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2012, 12:26:47 AM »

Cor, you do a great job (as do all the mods around here) so dont ever get down on yourself. I still love the place, but I just havent found anything interesting to talk about lately except the microscope threads, but thats just me. Yes, it sucks when the older members pack up and leave. It was Mr. Charlie, Beatle Ed, and Al first, then Kevin, Paul, Raxo, Sondra, Mr. Mustard, and Marshall seemingly now. Sucks, but what are you going to do? I'm never going to leave (barring a ban that i've somehow ducked for years), and it'll pick up again eventually. We have some interesting newer members coming in now i've noticed so it shouldnt take long. 

Participation is the key though. I suppose i'm guilty for not weighing in on some subjects, but those are usually ones that I dont feel like rehashing. Still blows my mind how thin the participation is in the microscope threads. That wouldnt have happened in the old days. I think we might just have a new, younger wave coming along that havent jumped into the solo stuff. Who knows.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2012, 06:41:11 AM »

Just look who has posted on this thread.  ~80% are still here six, seven and eight years later and make up the nucleus of a unique international community. 

Yes, I miss Paul, Keven, Marie and Sondra too.  raxo is still very much with us...a true amigo who now posts at meaningful times.  Many members, like Mairi and Paul, have grown up on this Forum.  Some are still here and some have moved on but everyone has left their mark here. 

I'm happy to see some new members making significant contributions to what is a wealth of information and opinion archived in this Forum.  I hope they read this thread and and understand how this Forum can be an integral part of their lives.  We share an interest and love of The Beatles and we share the desire to express our feelings in a forum setting.  What a special place this is!!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 06:51:39 AM by Hello Goodbye »
I can stay till it's time to go

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2012, 06:50:00 AM »

I definitely feel like I've grown up on this forum. I was 13 when I started posting and now I'm 21, how strange is that.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2012, 07:01:16 AM »

I definitely feel like I've grown up on this forum. I was 13 when I started posting and now I'm 21, how strange is that.

I know. Was you a member even before 2004 when they changed the boards too?

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2012, 07:24:40 AM »

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2012, 07:34:24 AM »

I never ever get into ugly arguments in real life or on other forums, but somehow it happened a few times here (not with anyone who's still around though) and through the years I considered leaving this forum several times because of that. But as long as the old "regulars" (Bobber, Mairi, Tkitna, Hello Goodbye, etc.) stick around I don't think I could really stay away forever.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2012, 07:39:26 AM »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2012, 07:49:00 AM »

I never ever get into ugly arguments in real life or on other forums, but somehow it happened a few times here (not with anyone who's still around though) and through the years I considered leaving this forum several times because of that. But as long as the old "regulars" (Bobber, Mairi, Tkitna, Hello Goodbye, etc.) stick around I don't think I could really stay away forever.

:)

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2012, 08:05:28 AM »

Considering all what was written above I think too that we need fresh and young blood, young people who will come up with new ideas how to make forums more attractive, interesting and live. And we need to organize some valuable topics, make them easy to reach. I agree with all of that.

As about me personally, as a owner of the forums, I am like an old president who hold a post too long and have nothing new in his head, just a mess  :-\ During first years I was younger and more active here and did many things, now I do almost nothing because... I don't know, maybe I lost interest, maybe I went into my other projects, maybe I'm just too busy.

Cor and moderators do a great job. You are very good, guys and girls! I can imagine what a junkyard forums could be without you.

All in all we all here need new ideas  2ch

nimrod

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2012, 09:51:59 AM »

Jeseezus...you lot sound like grumpy old folk lol

so what there isnt 100 posts a day, thats ok I can keep up  ha2ha

The McCartney microscopes are thin because only a handful actually like them   ha2ha

........... when the feck can we discuss the Lennon solo albums ?

;yes

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2012, 01:09:15 PM »

Jeseezus...you lot sound like grumpy old folk lol

Indeed! We are too old for the forums  ha2ha

Give new ideas  roll:)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.675 seconds with 83 queries.