Beatles forums > Albums

Question regarding The Beatles YESTERDAY...AND TODAY LP trail off stamp

<< < (3/3)

peterbell1:
Hi Barry.
Yes, those original Capitol inners are great - much better to look at than the original UK Parlophone ones, which were standard EMI white sleeves (until 1967 when the Beatles commissioned the wavy red custom inner for Sgt Pepper).

There's a whole article about the Capitol inners here ....

http://heroinc.hostingsiteforfree.com/btls/inner2.htm

It's funny to look at the easy-listening artists that Capitol was advertising in 1966 when I'm sure most Beatles fans wouldn't be interested in them in the slightest!

Pete

vinylrarities:
Great commentaries, guys.  Learning a lot from the masters as I continue my search for that special jacket that will be compatible with my LP.

Frank

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: peterbell1 on May 09, 2013, 08:53:18 AM ---Hi Barry.
Yes, those original Capitol inners are great - much better to look at than the original UK Parlophone ones, which were standard EMI white sleeves (until 1967 when the Beatles commissioned the wavy red custom inner for Sgt Pepper).

There's a whole article about the Capitol inners here ....

http://heroinc.hostingsiteforfree.com/btls/inner2.htm

It's funny to look at the easy-listening artists that Capitol was advertising in 1966 when I'm sure most Beatles fans wouldn't be interested in them in the slightest!

Pete

--- End quote ---

Right, Pete.  I remember looking at the artists and LPs shown on the earliest of The Beatles Capitol sleeves and not being the slightest bit interested.  The "Teen Set" sleeves that came later on were a whole lot better!

peterbell1:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on May 10, 2013, 01:09:12 AM ---Right, Pete.  I remember looking at the artists and LPs shown on the earliest of The Beatles Capitol sleeves and not being the slightest bit interested.  The "Teen Set" sleeves that came later on were a whole lot better!

--- End quote ---

Yeah, considering Capitol had artists like The Beatles and The Beach Boys on their roster it is strange to see them advertising Nat King Cole and Al Martino in 1966.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version