Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Gig this weekend  (Read 1316 times)

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
Gig this weekend
« on: March 24, 2009, 06:39:28 PM »

I'm a little embarrassed even posting this thread, in the company of such accomplished musicians as Apple Beatle and Fendertele ...

... but I just get so excited before our gigs. We only play once every month or so, so it's not like an every day thing. If I were independently wealthy, I might chuck it all in and open a recording studio  :)

The Beatles songs we do are:

1) Kansas City. I do the screaming vocals, my Holy Grail is how Paul sounds on the BBC set, but he's got that raspiness that I don't have - don't know if it's age, or some people just have it and others don't).

2) Norwegian Wood (I play sitar -  on the keyboards!, and sing a middle harmony in the chorus I made up, starts on an E, ends on the B).

3) I Feel Fine (I sing the high harmony in "I'm in love with her and I feel fine", and George's bottom harmony on "I'm so glad, oooh, oooh ...).

4) Get Back - Alternate between John and Paul parts (trying to sing the "other" part, our lead singer is all over the place), and then on "Sweet Loretta Modern thought she was a woman" I add a 3rd harmony I made up that starts on A.

5) Let it Be - Mainly me, I hate my voice on it, it is so exposed. Still, we do it, and the other two guys do the "ahh ahhh"'s in the chorus.

We play a bunch of other songs too, about 30 all together, but these are my favorites!

BTW - We don't have a name yet, much less a website, etc. Honestly, we're really not very good, but the people we play for (friends of friends, etc.) do like to dance when they've had a bit to drink. The name I am shooting for is "LOUDER than Good", or "Crash Landing"...
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
Re: Gig this weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 11:36:04 AM »

Enjoy the gig sir. :)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 11:47:28 AM »

I appreciate the encouragement from a real musician - thanks, Apple!
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 01:28:29 PM »

You flatter me Alexis. heheh   Prefer Crash Landing, I hate choosing band names. Get on the myspace! Btw, I have a small Vox T25 bass amp and a Peavey T-max Valve head with 4x10 ampeg and 2x10 Hartke cabs

There are quite a few musicians building up on these forums now...much to my delight. Please, all get involved. It's great to be a Beatle fan and play their tunes. :)

http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 11:09:55 PM »

Gig accomplished!

First time this band has played together in public. Loads of fun! Some problems here and there, but we all had a great time, and the Silent Auction (it was a charity gig) took in twice as much money as last year apparently, people attributed it to people sticking around and listening to us rather than heading home right away.

The three part harmonies went really well for the most part!

Looks like our name is going to be "Robbie Swain and the Hurricane". For the lead singer, who gives up his family room for the band to practice in, and whose wife keeps us in chocolate cake.

Kind of liked when they called it Pete Best and Friends at the Casbah, when Mona looked after them. :-/
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 11:22:04 PM »

congrats...did you play any gene and eddie???

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 01:18:47 AM »

Quote from: 284
congrats...did you play any gene and eddie???

Ah, lad, I wish we did ... I would be the one pushing the group in that direction ... one day! It would have gone well with this crowd actually, 20 flight rock and all ... missed opportunity!

Thanks for the congrats, pc31 !  :)
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 50 queries.