Beatles forums > The Beatles

A way to reunite the Beatles

(1/5) > >>

Loco Mo:
John said that if you wanted a Beatles album post-1970, you could simply mix their solo stuff together.

Well, I've been thinking about this.  There are a number of old posts on this Forum in which members have compiled possible albums this way.

So, here's my newest thought about it:  Suppose that you listen to all their solo stuff, and then try to put together what you actually think would most sound like a bona fide Beatles album.  The chronology of the recordings would be somewhat irrelevant.  It would be more a matter of compiling what such an album would coherently sound like.  Even though the Beatles may be at varying ages or stages of their life, you would ignore that because what you'd be primarily looking for is the overall sound of the various songs which most sounds like a Beatles album when finally compiled.

It could be quite challenging.  One approach could be selecting the most Beatles-sounding solo songs.  I've thought of a few of these but at the time of this writing, I can't remember them.  I hope to post more thoughts on this topic.

Moogmodule:
An interesting idea Loco. I’ll give it some thought.

One tricky thing is what sounds like a bona fide Beatle album. Every album of theirs sounded different.

Loco Mo:
Moogmodule:  With all the remixes that have been released, including those with the help of AI, I think it's conceivable that such an album could be professionally compiled and eventually released as an actual commercial album.  Perhaps it could be labeled as a concept album.

The incentive to do this:  Well, that would be based on the desire of many fans to have another Beatles album even if mythical in essence.  So, the bonus point would be the real Beatles on the album, not AI generated Beatles.

I think that as AI expands and increases in practicality and application, we will likely see conceptual Beatles albums somewhere in the evolving and progressive future.

I don't want to get too wild here but ....   Just as the 3 Beatles worked on Bird, Love and Now, perhaps in some way Beatles solo stuff could be combined.  How would this be done?  I don't know.  You'd probably need AI to assist in terms of selecting different vocals and instrumentations from the solo stuff and assembling them in some way in singular songs that make sense and which enhance the original recordings.  So if you found the right guitar part by George, for example, you could attach it to an appropriate spot on a Paul or John record.  Am I getting a bit too crazy here?  Well, very possibly, but after all, I am Loco!

Loco Mo:
For that matter, you could also simply combine all the Beatles solo songs in chronological order (by specific dates) and create albums which are all combined Beatles solo albums up to 1980, the year in which John passed.

Wouldn't that be an interesting listening experience and perfect for radio play?

Loco Mo:
I know my thoughts sound crazy.  But I think they're always going to try to repackage the Beatles' product in various ways.  You just need creative people to think of how to do so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version