Last movies you saw & what you thought of them

Started by Joost, Jul 21, 2008, 04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KelMar

Quote from: Hello Goodbye on Aug 01, 2013, 12:26 AM
Kelley, you don't have to shut your eyes for a single minute with this movie...
Who knows?  Maybe it happened just that way...there in Camelot!

Yes, this one is more my speed! I can see though, from the clips you've posted of Excalibur that it was very well-done. But I'll stick to Camelot anyway. I'll watch it after I watch Magical Mystery Tour which finally arrived today!

Hello Goodbye

Right, Kelley.  Excalibur was faithful to Sir Thomas Malory's Le Morte d'Arthur.  Camelot was Lerner and Loewe.   :)

Enjoy Magical Mystery Tour.  Don't forget to look for and click on the hidden clues on the DVD's title page. 
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

Quote from: Hello Goodbye on Aug 01, 2013, 12:52 AM
Enjoy Magical Mystery Tour.  Don't forget to look for and click on the hidden clues on the DVD's title page.

Thanks!

Hello Goodbye

What did I find last night on the shelf where I keep my DVDs?  There, hidden behind some that I watched recently, was one of the first DVDS I bought ten years ago...Excalibur!  I forgot all about it! 

Yeah, Dave, that crow dissected out that globe, optic nerve and all!

KelMar

Hello Goodbye

I won't discuss the brachial plexus dissection during one of the battle scenes early in the movie.

Did you find the hidden clues on the Magical Mystery Tour DVD, Kelley?

KelMar

Quote from: Hello Goodbye on Aug 01, 2013, 10:28 PM
I won't discuss the brachial plexus dissection during one of the battle scenes early in the movie.

Did you find the hidden clues on the Magical Mystery Tour DVD, Kelley?

Eww! I haven't watched MMT yet but this does intrigue me. I kind of want to wait until my lower left first molar stops pounding in my ear. Hopefully that will be tomorrow!

Dcazz

Quote from: Hello Goodbye on Aug 01, 2013, 10:20 PM
What did I find last night on the shelf where I keep my DVDs?  There, hidden behind some that I watched recently, was one of the first DVDS I bought ten years ago...Excalibur!  I forgot all about it! 

Yeah, Dave, that crow dissected out that globe, optic nerve and all!
Very impressive! You would have to be a Dr. or something to appreciate the skills that crow has!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

Quote from: In My Life on Aug 01, 2013, 10:34 PM
Eww! I haven't watched MMT yet but this does intrigue me. I kind of want to wait until my lower left first molar stops pounding in my ear. Hopefully that will be tomorrow!
Did they include the pictures from the album version on the EP? Maybe in booklet form?
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

ibanez_ax

Quote from: Dcazz on Aug 03, 2013, 06:14 AM
Did they include the pictures from the album version on the EP? Maybe in booklet form?

The EP booklet is almost identical to the album version, just smaller.
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

KelMar

I finally watched the Magical Mystery Tour BluRay Sunday night and I was really amazed at how great it looked. The colors were so vivid! I didn't really care for "I am the Walrus" when I watched this a few years ago but seeing those gorgeous outfits in their full glory was far out! Watching for the second time, with Paul's commentary was fun and helped me understand it a lot better. All the other features were great too. Last night was going to be EP night but I only got through one side because side two had a big scratch all the way around it. I'd forgotten how disappointing a skipping record could be! So the whole thing is on its way back to Amazon.

Dcazz

Quote from: In My Life on Aug 06, 2013, 10:09 PM
I finally watched the Magical Mystery Tour BluRay Sunday night and I was really amazed at how great it looked. The colors were so vivid! I didn't really care for "I am the Walrus" when I watched this a few years ago but seeing those gorgeous outfits in their full glory was far out! Watching for the second time, with Paul's commentary was fun and helped me understand it a lot better. All the other features were great too. Last night was going to be EP night but I only got through one side because side two had a big scratch all the way around it. I'd forgotten how disappointing a skipping record could be! So the whole thing is on its way back to Amazon.
That's too bad. I know you waited a long time for it's arrival! Patience, I guess!
Mark Twain

ibanez_ax

Kelley I hope your replacement EP plays as well as the one I got.  It's worth the wait to hear this.
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Normandie

I saw Side Effects last night and was disappointed -- too slow, and the plot was a bit hard to follow (or maybe that's just my tired brain..........)

nimrod

I love the bit where Ringo sings Yesterday :D